20 Inch Rims on a Dart: Check it out

-

rypp77

Reaction score
Found this link on ebay, this dude put 20 inch rims on his dart.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968...21917868QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200221917868&

Engine:
323 c.i
Comp Camshaft
Edelbrock Performer Intake (Powder Coated)
Edelbrock 600cfm Carb w/ Electric Choke
Billet Air Cleaner (Powder Coated)
Mopar Performance Valve Covers (Powder Coated)
Accel Super Stock Plug Wires
Chrome Alternator

Drivetrain :
727 Torqueflite Automatic Transmission
8 3/4 Rearend Narrowed
Front Disc Brakes

Wheels and Tires :
18x7 Front American Racing Torque Thrust II's
225-40-18 Bf Goodrich G-force Sport Front Tires (NEW)
20x10 Rear American Racing Torque Thrust II's
275-35-20 Bf Goodrich G-force Sport Rear Tires (NEW)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

-r

While I don't like "dubs" on old muscle cars, that one isn't TOO bad. It's still a nice car. If I bought that car, The first thing I would do is replace them with 15's or 16's.

While I don't like "dubs" on old muscle cars, that one isn't TOO bad. It's still a nice car. If I bought that car, The first thing I would do is replace them with 15's or 16's.

Yeah it doesn't look terrible, he could have put a lot uglier rims on there. Though the largest I would go is 17", and I am still a teenager! My dad would kick me out if I considered those rims LOL.

Good lookin' car except for the fugly wheels. Just don't like big rims and 'rubber band' tires on musclecar bodies. 323ci engine must be bored 318.

There's just nothing worse than fouling an otherwise beautiful car with some hideous modern "styling" trend. It's the aesthetic equivalent of dressing up Ingrid Bergman like a a cheap hooker.

Sad, sad car.

I've seen the Mustang rims adapted to A-bodies (17" & 18") that looked pretty good. That's as far as I'd even consider, though- potholes, debris, and just standard street use tends to twist/bend the "Super Ultra Low Profile" tire-carrying rims. Plus they ride like sh*t and make the car jittery. NOT worth the expense or hassle unless you're a masochist!

All I can say is that at least it had a good ride height not like the typical 4wd a lot of cars get when they do huge rims. There are a few 80's Caprice Classics around with what looks like 24's or more on them. Looks like a jacked up 4 x 4 and they can hardly turn anywhere. Oh well, another trend that the wheel companies certainly support. Just look at the money a lot of these huge wheels are!

What a bunch of old fogeys. Actually, I think the rears are too big. It looks almost cartoonish. They make my 17s look small.

Picture%2520004small.jpg

The rims are cool. It's the size that I don't really like. However, it's obvious the owner is proud of the car and really put some thought into it's restoration. So for that I give it respect.

The worst part about the 20's on the rear are the little tiny drum brakes behind those rims...........the 18" - 20" split front to back is too much.

That car does have a good stance though. 18" rims are perfect for an Abody......

I must admit, when I saw the title, I was expecting to see a Dart jacked up 3 inches sitting on dubbs. But this one actually looks cool!

I'd be okay with 18's max. Looks more like a hot wheels car now with the disproportion between front and rear wheels

The "Hot Wheels look" is what he's after. I'm an old timer and like original
cars but it looks good.

To each his own. I guess I'm an old fart,because I was around when these cars were new. To me,the rubber bands just don't do it. Those cars need lot's of big meat on back to look right.

$20K because it has nice rims ? What happened in the trunk ? Ran out of money ?

I think to keep the muscle car look ,that 17's are the biggest.That duster in the new mopar muscle nailed the look and stance right on IMO..

duster.jpg

I like the car. I prefer nice/subtle proportion differences. Somebody is having fun with it.

Those rims pass in my book just as long as hes got some massive drilled and slotted disk brakes backing them up on all 4 corners.

WOW. why? You would need a kidney bealt to ride in that car. I was in a tire shop one time. I guy with a BMW was in there telling the shop to take the 20's off of his car because it was to rough! The side walls are your first line defense against roughness.

Hmmmm, a little too big for me. As far as old style vs new style or big meaty sidewalls vs thin sidewalls, styles change over the years. I think the pro street look ran its course and so will pro tour, but in both trends people went way overboard, making the cars less functional.

Found this link on ebay, this dude put 20 inch rims on his dart.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968...21917868QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200221917868&

Engine:
323 c.i
Comp Camshaft
Edelbrock Performer Intake (Powder Coated)
Edelbrock 600cfm Carb w/ Electric Choke
Billet Air Cleaner (Powder Coated)
Mopar Performance Valve Covers (Powder Coated)
Accel Super Stock Plug Wires
Chrome Alternator

Drivetrain :
727 Torqueflite Automatic Transmission
8 3/4 Rearend Narrowed
Front Disc Brakes

Wheels and Tires :
18x7 Front American Racing Torque Thrust II's
225-40-18 Bf Goodrich G-force Sport Front Tires (NEW)
20x10 Rear American Racing Torque Thrust II's
275-35-20 Bf Goodrich G-force Sport Rear Tires (NEW)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

-r
I dont know what all the hubbub is about these rims, but i think it works. THIS my friend is one fine lookin MOPAR. Now does it like to go 0 - 60 !

-
Back