Status
Not open for further replies.

azmopar

rust free parts guy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Contact seller
selling off my toy, its a 2000 Dakota R/T, power everything black on black will need some minor stuff(glove box latch and a console lid) and theres no key lock in the drivers door , includes a new console i bought for the truck(the one in the truck is cracked), been repainted due to failing clear coat and they did a so so job truck is a good 10 footer, excellent for daily driver duty. Its loud and fast ---has headers on it, 3.90 gears stock wheels and tires as well pulling down 16 mpg as long as ya dont mash the gas too hard all the time its in Goodyear AZ 85338 runs and drives

360 5.9 auto ps pdb abs, pwindows power mirrors power seat, tilt wheel power locks.

$4800 or close reasonable offer considererd :cheers:

have more photos if needed :hello1: has 172 K miles

Attachments

• dak1.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,013
  • dak2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,047
may consider a trade , obviously Mopar only, prefer a 68 cuda notchback or vert, any engine as long as its a running driving car

Nice truck and good price...but are you really getting 16 MPG average??

Mine is 14.2 with a light foot and that's the best I've ever seen or heard about.

What's the secret?

Got a power programer in our's/ I can get 17-18 if I keep it at 55mph.
Drops off after that. Must of the time is 16 at 65mph.
I've been trying to sell this one for a year. No luck.

Attachments

• 100_2377.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 895
Nice truck and good price...but are you really getting 16 MPG average??

Mine is 14.2 with a light foot and that's the best I've ever seen or heard about.

What's the secret?

no programmer, but if i drive it easily at 55-60 hwy and around town, no rabbit starts and such thats what its pulling down:prayer:

So that's 16 highway MPG, not average.

Mine can get 23 at 50MPH and 16-17 at 65, falls off pretty fast higher than that.

The EVIC does a real good job calculating the average.

I did manual calculations for almost six months of driving to check it, and it was within .5 MPG per tank (277 miles), and actually showed a worse average than my calculations, so the truck was actually getting .5 MPG better than what the EVIC was reporting per tank.

I just scored a super pursuit hood of CL last month (it's ram air capable).
It's time for a repaint (clear coat burt off), and I always told my self when it was time for it, I'd do a hood and put on old school R/T badges. Also scored a second set of R/T wheels with good Hankook 101W's.
I think I'm gonna paint them body color.

...more on the EVIC- be carefull not to skew it...my brother does this all the time...he resets it almost every time he gets out on the highway, and then likes to claim his veihicles get MUCH better mileage...but he's falsely stacking the readings with disproportionate highway miles!

I leave mine run for the entire interval between oil changes. Helps as a change reminder and gives a very accurate mid term MPG picture.

mine is combined hwy at 55-60 and whatever around town driving i do, say around 150-200 miles a week in town

These are very nice comfortable & fast trucks but miles per gallon is not their forte. Loved the 98 I sold couple of years ago .Averaged about 17 hwy & 14 city in the 4 yrs I owned her but this was with a diablo programmer & tonneau cover which really helps with wind resistance, Nice truck & GLWS.

Oldschoolcuda

So the secret is...not going over 60? :)

I LOVE mine, and it runs as good at 135,000 as it did at 31,000 when I got it.
It's nice balance of "old school" tech that you can still work on, and more modern high durability stuff. Mine is so easy/trouble free, I got one for my mom!
Actually it's an 03, quad cab 3.9, but it's been super dependable as well.

So the secret is...not going over 60? :)

I LOVE mine, and it runs as good at 135,000 as it did at 31,000 when I got it.
It's nice balance of "old school" tech that you can still work on, and more modern high durability stuff. Mine is so easy/trouble free, I got one for my mom!
Actually it's an 03, quad cab 3.9, but it's been super dependable as well.

yep 65 or so and it starts to lose mpg, 3.92 gears do that, if it had 3.5s it would be better up to about 70:violent1:

Nice, I had a 2000 RC in solar yellow, supposedly only 5 made that way in 2000. Sold it with 17,000 miles on it in 2003 when I bought a new Hemi Ram. Never was that impressed with the Ram in comparison to the R/T. I even autocrossed once with the R/T and bested some Mustangs and even an older 911 but you never know about those drivers.
Good luck, besides the Viper this was the best thing Dodge had going in 2000.
2810090002_large.jpg

2810090003_large.jpg

Hey, if I didn't say it- good luck with sale.

These are GREAT trucks.

I would not be scared of a 150,000+ either.

As stated previously, mine runs just as good and is just as powerful at 130,000 as it was at 30,000.

..and parts are kinda easy to find in u-pulls right now as well.
Lots of 5.9 Rams and Vans out there...and lots of 97-03 Daks.

Someone will be getting a good deal on a nice truck!

...and I even thought about putting a 3.55 rear in mine. Bought one and everyting, although I couldn't find an SG one, and that's where I stopped. I really like my SG, and haven't had the motivation to tear the 3.55 axle apart and buy/install an SG unit.

How about a 2003 red cavalier stick loaded that gets 40mpg runs 16.5 qtr mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back