2011 Mustang V-6

-
I like the new Mustang, the 3.7 and 5.0 look to be great motors. The thing I can't get over is just how large the Camaro, Challenger and Mustang are. The Challenger is such a fat *** :angry7: that I just can't like the car, I love my Mopars, but a whale is a whale. The Camaro is just ugly as sin, but I do like the looks of the Mustang. What really ruins these cars for me, the giant wheels. Why do you need 20+" wheels? It looks really dumb, I'll admit up to 18's can look good but that pushes it.

The Mustang will win out, the aftermarket and Fan following is huge and the Camaro and Challenger will never get 1/16" of it and are overpriced for there novelty. I bet you can't get a V6 Camaro or v6 Challenger for sticker.

Why do you need 20+" wheels? It looks really dumb, I'll admit up to 18's can look good but that pushes it.

The market (buying public) demands 20s.

Many people today would run right out and buy aftermarket wheels if these cars came with something smaller. The manufacturers capture some of that money by offering them on the cars.

Amazing yesHp to $$s a Mustang is a good buy but when you say an SRT is 10k more duh... so is a vette, caddy, BMW etc. You are paying for more luxury items accessories etc not HP.

It is like a PBR to a Sam Adams, both beer, both 5.2% in non dry states, but there is a huge diff.

and again some prefer PBR and that is just fine.

And PS my 70 Cuda is 3" wide than my Challenger, the xhallenger is slightly longer, and mostly they do sit higher to allow for tall people up to 6'6" to drive em.

They all have their gives and takes.

best world is how some of the guys on this site take modern tech parts and stuff it in an A body.

Now that is a real car and my hat is off to you guys/gals that do that. That is real hot rodding anyway you slice it! :)

I prefer no bigger than 17s 18s too, but it takes a 20"s to clear those HUGE Brembo brakes, no other way around. Smaller brakes i guess:)

I was suprised at the weight of the camaro. I don't know what the stang weighs in. It seems that everything is north of 3500LBS. Could you imagine what this stuff would run at 3200LBS with driver. The new stuff is making some power.
I wander how the muscle car Ford guys fell about all the new Fords being able to blow the doors off of the yesteryear cars.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/05/sema-2008-challenger-srt10-concept-ultimate-response-to-not-hav/

Dodge-Challenger-SRT10.jpg

This would answer to the SS Camaro's and GT500 Mustangs just fine. 600 hp should be good for at least a low 12 second car even with god awful traction issues, 11s and 0-60 in less than 4 seconds should be doable if you can get the car to hook up. Use this to replace the SRT-8 and use the new 6.4 hemi in the RT. On top of that if Chrysler would cast the hemi in an aluminum block instead of cast iron they'd save at least 100 lbs off the front end of the car and marginally improve all aspects of performance and gas mileage. Penstar V6 would 290 hp in a big car like the Challenger wont take on a V6 Mustang that does 13s but I bet it'd be enough to at least get the car into the 14s.

Omg!!!!! I want one!!!! ^^^^^^^ I'm sorry, but to the guys who think the Chally is ugly, I respectfully disagree. Since day one when I first saw the concept car, I fell in LOVE with it...I first heard of it when I was in my second deployment in Iraq in the summer of '08...I was thinking to myself that I was gonna save every single check and buy the SRT8 model, and add a supercharger...BUT that didn't happen, I decided to keep my 70 Dart, and build that instead with all the badass equipment I could afford...RMS front & rear suspension, narrowed S60, all wheel hydraboost disc brakes, 4spd, and a 500 HP aluminum headed smallblock stroker...If I hadn't chosen to do this, I would have had the new Challenger and a running car, RIGHT now...lol Instead of a bunch of unfinished pieces. lol

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/05/sema-2008-challenger-srt10-concept-ultimate-response-to-not-hav/

This would answer to the SS Camaro's and GT500 Mustangs just fine. 600 hp should be good for at least a low 12 second car even with god awful traction issues, 11s and 0-60 in less than 4 seconds should be doable if you can get the car to hook up. Use this to replace the SRT-8 and use the new 6.4 hemi in the RT. On top of that if Chrysler would cast the hemi in an aluminum block instead of cast iron they'd save at least 100 lbs off the front end of the car and marginally improve all aspects of performance and gas mileage. Penstar V6 would 290 hp in a big car like the Challenger wont take on a V6 Mustang that does 13s but I bet it'd be enough to at least get the car into the 14s.

Yep they built a SRT 10, saw it at sema too. Saw IT ON A TRACK AS WELL. THIS THE ONE YOU POSTED RIGHT? beast!:)

And Hurst takes the 6.1 up to about 560 hp, and many folks on the Challenger talk site are running in the north of 700 HP range. In fact a few guys with big stroker kits modded heads are at 900 hp and I know a few not street cars can make 1000 HP with the GEN III Hemi. The heads and intake are very impressive stuff and the flow numbers are huge.

You also need to keep in mind that HP #s from mags and the posted from Dodge are estimates too. Even Mopar Muscle had a 6spd on a dyno and stock it made 387 at the tires which is about 430-450 HP at the crank stock and the Torque in 420 est stock as well.

I have done a few suspension mods and a few tweaks so I am running 417 at the tires when she was dynoed with the 6spd on my 2009. Larger 85mm t-body, CAI, Predator tune and a catch can is all I did. I had strut bar supports and a few other suspension tweaks performed by me. Car can really really handle and stop from 60 in under 100'. I have run a best with F1s of low 4s a 4.17 and a 4.28 from 0-60, car up to 152 in 5th and still has 6th. A little better tires and I would hit high 12s. Best to date is a 13.23, if I was willing to really punish the Clutch maye 12.90s even with F1s. Cornering is a blast a 4070 lb car feels like a 3200 lb sport car, pulls .95 gs stock and I have pulled 1.12 Gs on the clock. Dont sell the car so short. They are right in line with a 6spd SS Camaro. But I agree a 6.4 with at least 550 or hell stuff the Viper engine in like the SRT 10, it is only 60lbs nore weight. And a ton ton of Torque as you can see i nthe video guys.

"Cross pollinate the Dodge Viper and Dodge Challenger, and you end up with Dodge's concept for this year's SEMA show, the Challenger SRT10.

Under the concept's hood is the 8.4-liter V10 from the Viper, which cranks out 600 hp and 560 pounds-feet of torque.

A shaker air intake sits on top that engine, and a carbon-fiber hood buttons up the front end.

Dodge fitted the concept with upgraded brakes and Bilstein shocks.

Inside there are sport seats and carbon fiber trim pieces, along with a push button start.

We'll get more details in about three weeks at SEMA."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuE9tNfAATc&feature=related"]YouTube- Dodge Challenger SRT10[/ame]

Here is a 2009. Please do not tell me they dont run, A guy on the autobond had a stock automatic 2008 at 175mph. The cars even are aerodynamic underneath to. The car is geared more on the top end and still does decent in 0-60 and 1/4 times for a 170 mph car. Get rid of the 3.92s stull in some 4.56s and nitto drag tires. A few guys have and run low 12s i na stcok engine.

But again Mopar should offer the stuff I mention as Ford is doing ford is DOING a great job! I am not a FOMOCO guy, yet I am proud of them too:) just the same.

And I love the look too, it is not as big as you think. I can and have post pics next to my 70 vuda and it is only taller but yet is lower to the ground. it is al lthe air bags, side curtains safety stuff, stero power everythings extra amps etc that push the weight to 4000+

160 mph pass 2009 dodge challenger

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGcLg4mAMIY"]YouTube- 160 mph pass 2009 dodge challenger[/ame]

200 MPH Challenge Miami FL. 2008 SRT 8 Hemi 170 MPH

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnGdiOv-A18"]YouTube- 200 MPH Challenge Miami FL. 2008 SRT 8 Hemi 170 MPH[/ame]

Here is that other clip of the stock car
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh7Qql9eVDs"]YouTube- Ultimate Challenger Road Trip - Part 2[/ame]

Ultimate Challenger Road Trip - Part 2
motortrend — October 24, 2008 — Join Motor Trend Editor In Chief, Angus Mackenzie as he takes Dodge's all-new 2009 Challenger SRT8 on the ultimate road trip through Europe.

Day 4 - On Day 4 of our Ultimate Challenger Road trip, we journey to the Swiss Alps to conquer the breathtaking 9045-ft Stelvio pass.

Day 5 - We test the top speed of our 2008 Dodge Challenger on northern Italy's autostrada.

Day 6 - Day 6 of our Ultimate Challenger Road Trip brings our 2008 Dodge Challenger to the town of Portofino, where we cruise the coastline along the stunning Italian Riviera.

Read the story here:
http://www.motortrend.com/features/tr...

MUSTANG ALWAYS SUCK, WHY TALK ABOUT IT ON THIS SITE lol !!!!

Low 12's easy. Brothers chally is now running 12.4 with a simple remapp of the chip,cold air intake and mt drag radials.THATS IT.

Stock 6.1 hemi.

-
Back