2012 sucks

-
Yep got alot to look foward to either the end of the world on 12-21-12 or the USA will run off the fiscal cliff 2013. Take your pick all good.

tough year for me..... food cost, fuel cost....... I gave all my employees a raise because they worked hard for me even when sales were down and cost were up. I took a pay cut but what am i to do? throw in the towel? never!

the worst financial year since 08 for us. sad part is I project the next two years to be even worse. I really hope that I'm wrong though, I honestly do.

Funny that I come home and see this thread! I was just thinking this exact same thing while I was at work tonight! 2012 has been a pretty rough year for me too and I don't usually have many troubles in my life. 2013 is looking like its going to be better though!!

tough year for me..... food cost, fuel cost....... I gave all my employees a raise because they worked hard for me even when sales were down and cost were up. I took a pay cut but what am i to do? throw in the towel? never!

Are you hiring??? :D That is a great thing you did, wish there were more people like you around :glasses7:

I here you all on that! Hopefully it does in fact get better..... Lost our home in early 2011 due to being laid off. Many other things were lost as well but it's all replaceable. It has been really difficult finding work and always being told I'm over qualified. Just want to work.... But I'm still at it looking! Unemployment runs out as of Dec 31st and now my wife got laid off last month but she will get benefits for a while..... We rent a single little room and my wife, my child and I are still together surviving... We take it one day at a time and do what ever we can with what we have...
The key is to stay positive and know that things "will" get better, it's just a matter of hanging in there. Merry Christmas to all of you And A Better New Year!

I won't go in to detail but this year is almost over and Thank God.2012 I think has been the worst year of my life!

Think I remember saying the same thing this time last year (insert 2011). 2012 was far from being a good year, I used it as somewhat of a rebuilding year for me. I'm actually looking forward to 2013. I'm refocused, reorganized and looking forward to making things happen next year. I love a challenge:D

Other than waving child #3 this I agree. It was pretty crappy. Could have been worse but could have been sooooo much better

I am sorry to hear that 2012 was a bad year for most of you. 2011 will go down for me as one of the worst year of my life at this point. 2012 has been a roll coaster with a ton of bad things and a ton of good things too. Weird, I know.

For me 2012 went like this.....cliff notes...

-Little brother dies in a freak off roading accident
-My little dog gets ran over right in front of me but survives
-finally get back to work and get caught on bills
-tried to work it out with the ex....didn't work
-bought a few new to me toys
-still haven't closed a short sale and might get hit with the taxes on it :[
-found out I have to replace a 100k work truck with no credit and not enough income.
-discovered I have too much crap! lol
-rode the Harley 700 miles one weekend
-met my smokin hot girl friend who is also a total sweetheart :)

There is more good/bad stuff but those are some of the highlights if you will.

I am not looking forward to 2013 at all. Thanks to the f@#ked up Cali government I have to replace my work truck due to new smog regulations. If I don't have a smog compliant truck by 1-1-14, I am out of business. I can't collect unempolyment or anything. :banghead: I am going to use 2013 as a rebuild year. Hopefully it works out.

Good luck to the rest of you guys/gals!

2012 was very bad, must move forward (2013).
Darryl

That, right there, is what a LEADER does. The guy with all the weight on his shoulders goes out of his way to repay his loyal employees, as he himself takes a pay cut.
Those employees of yours are lucky to have a leader like you, not a shallow, money grubbing self centered boss.
Congratulations for your act of kindness.

George

2013 has to be better than 2012.
2012 was the worst year for me physically.

That, right there, is what a LEADER does. The guy with all the weight on his shoulders goes out of his way to repay his loyal employees, as he himself takes a pay cut.
Those employees of yours are lucky to have a leader like you, not a shallow, money grubbing self centered boss.

George
I can tell you've never been in business for yourself! You don't realize the cost of everything have gone up! Not just for you, but multiply that for your employer! As his costs of doing business & just keeping the place going escallates daily, the fact that he keeps his employees on the payroll is an accomplishment in itself. All the added expense cuts into HIS pay 1st! If you haven't gotten a pay cut in this economy consider it a raise because the other alternative is worse!
I'm glad to hear that some employers are able to give raises to their employees in such bad times for business. I'm sure there are many many more we don't hear about too. That's Great! I'm still giving my employees a Christmas bonus this year even though the numbers are worse this year than 3 years ago because I appreciate the work they do for me & I have good people. But it comes as I have to make hard decisions each day & personal sacrafices to make it happen. Most people DONT get into business for themselves because they are money grubbing or self centered. Usually quite the opposite. Keep in mind all of the sacrafices & risk a boss has to take to get started & many years of struggle to achive a level of sucess that can provide a comfortable life style if he/she is lucky enough. Every new position created or new hire is a risk that is ultimately taken by the employer. In this day & age just having a job is a blessing.

Don't buy into the class warefare rhetoric being spewed out there. It just ain't true & that is what will keep people down! And beleive me I'm no where near the top 2% they speak of. But small business makes the world work.

2012 has been a bad year for many of us, but it's probably not because of your employer when you really think about it. Maybe we just expect too much.

I brought in more money this year then I have the last 4 years however the every single bill I have both business and personal has gone up so much that I have much less disposable income then Ive had since I can remember.

PS, Lets not turn this into a Political rant please.

This ear aint really been that bad for me . Some ups and downs but any day i get to have is a good day

Ok I said I would not go into details but since everyone else has I guess I will.Here is my 2012....

1.Nov,2011 My Grandmother passed away
2.Nov,2011 My 12 year old Boxer passed away
3.Nov,2011 A Great Aunt passed away
4.Nov ,2011 Another Great Aunt fell and hit her head
and almost died.
5.Dec,2011 Another Aunt passed away
6.Jan,2012 My other Grandmother passed away
7.March,2012 I was told by my Doctor if I didn't
change what I eat I would have a stroke
or heart attack.Also a few other medical issues.
8.July,2012 Found out my Father has stage 4 colon
cancer
9.July,2012 Work slowed way down.Lost all my
overtime and I have been laid off,
off and on.
10.Sept,2012 Missed Monster Mopar,no money
11.Oct,2012 Lost my Mother in Law.Had to pay for
the funeral
12.Oct,2012 My Uncle had a heart attack
13.Nov,2012 I was to by another Doctor change what
I eat or I will die.
14.Dec,2012 I got a letter that I owe the IRS
$350.00 that I do not have
15.Dec,2012 Wives car broke down,no money to fix it.
16. Christmas 2012 I do not even want to talk about
17. Dec, Now I get a letter I owe the IRS $$370.00 that I do not have.
18. Dec, I may have to sell the Road Runner just to get caught up on things...
19.Dec,Had a power serge and it blew two furnaces,
3 TV's,playstation,space heater,phone,cable
box,and my computer.

Also in 2011 My Wife lost a Grandmother,2 Uncles,and her stepfather.

Thats a pretty shitty year alright. Heres to a good 2013 for you ! :drinkers:

It depends on if you look at the glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty. I lost my father in June the Friday before Fathers Day. On that note I did get 6 months of sharing memories before he went. My son and I farmed for our 1st year together. We had a terrible drought and lost money but did make memories together as I did in the past farming with my dad 30 years ago before the family farm was taken away. As I said dad had to spend every dime he had saved in his last days but it is not about money. Money dont buy the memories I have made this year and I am sure when my son looks back he will feel the same. To those that are bummed I am sorry but Jesus gave up everything for us.

My year hasn't been nearly as bad as a lot of you here, but has been the worst of my life yet so far.

Friend was murdered by another friend of mine in January
Fiance left me for another man in July, haven't had any luck with women since
Haven't been able to find a job
Countless other day to day let downs

Have to keep positive though

I expect 2013 to be worse. But that is just me.
Geez, Cliff
That's being optimistic!

My Mom use to say every year I hope this year is better than the last. Either she really always had bad years or she was always setting the bar higher!

I will agree the last few years haven't been the best I find myself with alot less $$$ in my pocket than I used to, but hey I know I still have much to be thankful for!

Very sorry to you all that have had a bad year!

For me, I haven't had a raise in 2 years and next year doesn't look any better. (government job and taxes are down)

Not complaining about it though, I have a job, house, healthy family and friends, so all in all life is OK. Actually spent a few dollars on my projects that have been sitting, (the payment plan however) Zero interest though!!!

I hope everyone's 2013 is better!!!!

George

Thanks George.........

-
Back