2014 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals July 10th - 13th

-
hey hacksaw1 its not a party until the cops show up.if they come more than twice,it a good party.my carlisle events map shows fabo club tent in section o/in54-55.hell thats in the green ebody section.right?:eek:ops:

:glasses7: Quarter aces has been purchased by Mike Natoli, a Long Island MOPAR racer for a gizzilion years with his duster.It will once again be known as South Mountain Dragway and WILL be open for our Carlisle weekend.Mike also informed me that Carlisle has installed an auto-X track with their event being held on Friday.That being said,MOPAR day at South Mountain will be on Sunday and the gates will open at 8am.
So I will be going Sunday and make a few hits on my junk if it stays together:tongue3:
Will see you Thursday at CMV Dodge,I'll hit the York reunion and race on Sunday.
Even though I'm more of a FBBO poster,I lurk here a lot:coffee2:

Here is a pic of Mikes car with it's recent paint job,and a few of my junk:-\"

The races on sunday that you talk about is that at beaver springs ?

The races on sunday that you talk about is that at beaver springs ?
No,this is not the Nostalgia Nations at the Beaver, it's the grand re-opening of South Mountain Dragway about 20 minutes from the Carlisle fairgrounds.Just about ANY mopar that shows up will be able to take a shot at the 1/8 mile track.
The secret password,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HEMI-ITIS SENT ME:burnout:

Last year there was a GREAT car show at the local Dodge dealer
on, I think, Thursday night. Any info on same for this year?

Last year was GREAT!!! This year I will be staying much longer!:happy1:

Attachments

• 7.15.13 025.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 320
  • 7.15.13 039.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 7.15.13 042.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 318
  • 7.15.13 043.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 349
  • 7.15.13 040.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 335
Alright, I have my room booked for Thursday & Friday nights. See you next week!
C

I see on the events page that drags will be open at Quarter Aces on 7/11 Friday night.
This may be a common event but this is my first trip to Carlisle in 15 years and have never been to this track. Can anyone elaborate on this?

[ame]http://www.carlisleevents.com/pdf/Dragway_Directions.pdf[/ame]

hey hacksaw1 its not a party until the cops show up.if they come more than twice,it a good party.my carlisle events map shows fabo club tent in section o/in54-55.hell thats in the green ebody section.right?:eek:ops:

HA .. green E body .... thats funny. think im going to have to bring a sleeping bag .... :coffee2:

Forever Friday afternoon into evening was drag racing at Quarter Aces. Then the track closed and was put up for sale. This left a void in the traditional Friday night venue.
Carlisle stepped up and added an auto cross track that would operate on Friday to fill the void. Quarter Aces was only sold to Mike recently and the track needed ALOT of work, The work has been completed, but the schedule was already out. That is why the Drag Racing was pushed to Friday. Next year everything should go back to "normal",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
whatever normal is;);)

Beautiful Demon, John....are you coming to the Nats also?
Thanks Denny! As far as the Nats go,I'll leave the car home this time and may just come out as a spectator and check out the evening festivities:burnout:.

Forever Friday afternoon into evening was drag racing at Quarter Aces. Then the track closed and was put up for sale. This left a void in the traditional Friday night venue.
Carlisle stepped up and added an auto cross track that would operate on Friday to fill the void. Quarter Aces was only sold to Mike recently and the track needed ALOT of work, The work has been completed, but the schedule was already out. That is why the Drag Racing was pushed to Friday. Next year everything should go back to "normal",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
whatever normal is;);)

Thanks Hemi, so the attached event schedule is incorrect for this up coming weekend?

Anybody from New Jersey going to Carlisle early Saturday morning. I should be on Rt78 by 6:45 - 7:00am. I'll be driving my 66 Dart GT convertible, silver with black top and if all goes well my friend will be in his 70 lime light Cuda.

Anybody from New Jersey going to Carlisle early Saturday morning. I should be on Rt78 by 6:45 - 7:00am. I'll be driving my 66 Dart GT convertible, silver with black top and if all goes well my friend will be in his 70 lime light Cuda.

the authorities have been alerted....

hope to see you there.

Thanks Denny! As far as the Nats go,I'll leave the car home this time and may just come out as a spectator and check out the evening festivities:burnout:.

.....if you ever decide to bring your ride to Columbus in the future..... we would make a spot in the tent for you. Hope you have time to stop by and say hello.

.....if you ever decide to bring your ride to Columbus in the future..... we would make a spot in the tent for you. Hope you have time to stop by and say hello.

Thanks for the offer and will keep that in mind for future shows for sure. I would or my car would feel privileged to be parked beside some cool Hemi powered cars, and plus someone has to keep 62bt409 (Jim) under control:D .

John

last time I was at Carlisle mopar was 1996 0r 7. had a flawless 40,000 mi. #'s, 340 '71 triple black cuda. offered at $9,000. no lookers! LOL
wonder if t hat's ain indication that todays mopars might be worth more in 10-15 years! ?????? LOL

I have one open space if someone from Long Island or NYC wants their car towed down to Carlisle,otherwise I'm just bringin' my heap:happy1::happy1:

:banghead: Is it friday yet ?????????????????????? :banghead:

My father, brother, fiance, and I will be there Friday morning. We will have a silver 1971 Big Block Swinger and a blue 68 Notchback Barracuda on the grounds. We will have a tent set up and a cooler full of cold beer. Please come say Hi! Would love to meet some fellow FABO members. :thumleft:

:banghead: Is it friday yet ?????????????????????? :banghead:

It can't be Friday yet... I still have work to do to the car before it's ready for the show.

I need to stick a new MSD distributor in today and get it to the dyno for tuning tomorrow. Yesterday I waxed and detailed the engine bay and interior. I still have to figure out what's binding up the wiper linkage before I button up the instrument panel. I guess what gets done, gets done, and what doesn't will have to wait.

Sorry, I'm not quite getting what's going on with the racing at Quarter Aces. It was always Friday night. Then I read that it was going to be Sunday. Does anyone know for sure which it is?

-
Back