20psi stock 5.9 carnage

-
I knew a magnum would be as strong as a stock LS and you pretty much have proven that. So I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this. E85, especially pump E85 varies greatly in octane. Its also only 105 octane (the good stuff from VP) so E85 can be a tuner’s nightmare. You can for sure detonate a turbo motor on E85. Also running the timing so retarded can also be hard on a motor. It wont detonate but it can load up with fuel and hurt rods and pistons. Its better to run more timing with less boost and end up at the same power level. To a certain extent anyways. There will be a sweet spot where it likes to run timing wise and at lower boost which means less heat from the compressor and overall it'll run better. I tune my own Holley EFI on my turbo motor and have been since the 90’s. Just FYI for you, so you don't think I am some internet keyboard warrior lol.
I've got a flex fuel sensor so it can interpolate, the pump E85 I had was actually 70%. I've got about 10° advance in it at 20psi and it was holding that on 93 until I got some winter blend and it knocked. Really I think it's in a good spot, I just wasn't expecting it to pick up so much on E85. And really, it's making more power on 15psi on E85 than I really need it.

But, I'm looking to build a trans so I can do some dirt drags. Which I'm sure will make me want more power up top. It's a vicious cycle. Haha.

So, running pump gas what was your boost PSI and what was your total timing?
What head gaskets are you running?
Thank you

Did you bother to watch it? Or did you trip and fall on your face when you saw Ford?
I definitely did not “trip and fall on my face when I saw ford”. I race a Ford truck and I’ve built many ford engines. Don’t assume you know my character. I was asking what your opinion was about what DV said.

Yes I am. I really need an intercooler but space is very tight. I've been running a Snow Perf kit since the beginning, comes on at 6psi and I think it's a #6 jet.
Yes you really need an intercooler.

Regarding rarity, it all depends on where you live and where you look (salvage yards vs online). I just moved to northern GA and old-er Mopar engines (Magnums and small blocks) are harder to find but it's reflected on what you see on the roads. Hardly any 1990s or older Dodge trucks or SUVs but lots of Chebbies. On the other hand every 5th or so car here is a late-model Charger or Challenger so G3 Hemis are all over the place. Magnums and SBMs are much more plentiful in CO where I moved from.

Kind of a bummer but I'll probably either shift to doing more G3 Hemi stuff or just accept that I have to travel a bit to get SBM stuff, or figure out a way to get cores shipped to me from other states.

@fedupfab I love what you're doing brother. Keep it going! I subscribed to your channel.

Maybe one day when you get bored of burnouts you might do the same bit on a drag car... Just saying that'd be awesome.

He should have made a video of the thing blowing chunks, would have been a thing of beauty

Regarding rarity, it all depends on where you live and where you look (salvage yards vs online). I just moved to northern GA and old-er Mopar engines (Magnums and small blocks) are harder to find but it's reflected on what you see on the roads. Hardly any 1990s or older Dodge trucks or SUVs but lots of Chebbies. On the other hand every 5th or so car here is a late-model Charger or Challenger so G3 Hemis are all over the place. Magnums and SBMs are much more plentiful in CO where I moved from.

Kind of a bummer but I'll probably either shift to doing more G3 Hemi stuff or just accept that I have to travel a bit to get SBM stuff, or figure out a way to get cores shipped to me from other states.
Screw new hemis. I'm so sick of seeing them I could puke.

Eh, I’d rather see a G3 hemi swap over yet another LS swap.
Now I'll go along with that, but I hold nothing against either. I just like what I like. A modern engine in an old classic just ain't it.

What defines "modern engine" though?

Is it relative to vehicle year? A blown 70 426 hemi in a 33 Plymouth coupe is pretty rad if you ask me.

Is a magnum 360 a modern engine?

-
Back