273 Four Barrel Emblem Placement

-
I’ve only ever seen the 273 four barrel emblem on the front of the fender, 383
below the GTS. I’d say put it wherever you think it looks best!

My question is, the 273 emblem goes right at the body line where it is not flat, so does the emblem have a very slight curve and is it a 1-year emblem, different that the 66 models?

The factory 273 Four Barrel emblems on my car are flat.

I was going to chime in on the 67 GTS.
They were only 383 cars.
So emblem would have been below the GTS at the back of the fenders.
Has nothing to do with his 273 emblem question, just for the 67 GTS.

I was going to chime in on the 67 GTS.
They were only 383 cars.
So emblem would have been below the GTS at the back of the fenders.
Has nothing to do with his 273 emblem question, just for the 67 GTS.

This is how I remember it, too:
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/do-the-math-1967-dodge-dart-gt-383

In previous article they show picture of GT emblem w/383-4bbl below it. The 383 was a late model-year offering on 67 Darts. So it would not surprise me if the FIRST 383 Darts had NO 'GTS' emblems factory installed. The grilles & trunk panels had 'GT' emblems. Likewise the interiors.
Also, not all 273-4bbls had emblems. My parents had a "Charger 273" with no exterior emblems other than the regular GT emblems.

Last edited:
This is how I remember it, too:
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/do-the-math-1967-dodge-dart-gt-383

In previous article they show picture of GT emblem w/383-4bbl below it. The 383 was a late model-year offering on 67 Darts. So it would not surprise me if the FIRST 383 Darts had NO 'GTS' emblems factory installed. The grilles & trunk panels had 'GT' emblems. Likewise the interiors.
Also, not all 273-4bbls had emblems. My parents had a "Charger 273" with no exterior emblems other than the regular GT emblems.

So many wrong numbers in the article it is almost laughable. Those of us who know these cars inside and out say this "journalist" didn't do his due diligence, everything is easily checkable. What is the VIN number of this car? I have the factory documentation when these cars were made and the SO# sequence, so when exactly was this car made? I don't see a picture of the fender tag. I have owned 6 factory 67 GTS's, first one was in 1987 and had GTS badges on the fenders, NOT GT badges...

I Google it, too. I actually saw it both ways. I think it depends on your emblems. If you have the emblems made to fit on top of the character line/crease of the sheetmetal. It probably goes up front. But if you have the 'flat' emblems they probably go lower on the fenders in front of the doors. I'm pretty sure I remember the ones in front of the doors. My parents bought a new '65 GT and I bought a new '68 GTS, so I was kind of tuned into that stuff.
What's kind of interesting is I see a lot of pictures of 67 GTS's, and I don't remember seeing them at all. My friend had an original '67 383 Dart and nowhere did it say anything other than GT.
The flat 273 4 barrel emblems are the earlier ‘65-‘66 ones, and they go closer to the door, up near the top of the fender. The ‘67 ones are bent in the middle to fit at the body line at the front. The 383GTS ones are flat and go under the GTS fender emblems.

In ‘67, except the GTS fender emblem, there are no other GTS- indentifying markings.

-
Back