273 Freshen...pic

-
I think I saw DRENO on Portage Ave & Mount Royal with his polisher earning loonies at the red lights. Sort of a new spin on the washer kids lol..

Grant

Dave...it has to be wet sanded first..!! you'll need to start out with 24 grit and work you way up to 2000 grit...then you can give it a quick polish...:-D

MAN...Dave...you don't do it by hand :roll:...you use a DA..it'll only take 3-4 days five at the most :-D

Making sure the intake will fit...

mock1.jpg

mock2.jpg

mock3.jpg

I wasn't going to bal the rotating assembly but after finding out most of the pin ends were 100-140 heavy I had to even them all up...The big ends were not as bad but it took me almost 4 hours on the belt sander to correct all the rods...Since I have the weights I might as well balance the crank.
I poked the cam brgs in and fit the cam...
Now it's just a matter of finishing up the heads and setting the spring heights..bal the crank..and assemble.

pinend.jpg

bigend.jpg

rodbal.jpg

cambrg.jpg

Why hardened seats? Aren't you going to run stainless valves?

Why hardened seats? Aren't you going to run stainless valves?

To start with it needed 4 ex seats as they were pounded to nothing because who ever touched these heads years ago only cut a 45 degree seat...all the seats were over .250 wide...they were a mess...so we changed them all to get the valve hight correct.
As far a stainless valves go I've been sitting on these SpeedPro valves since the late 70's and figured if I don't use them now I will never use them so I gave them to Vic...

Oh and the gasket is a multi layer .027 thick with a 3.700 bore.

I'm about 95% finished as far as the heads and intake go...Finished up the port match..got the ex ports to where I feel good about them and pretty much got the combustion chambers the shape I needed.Now just a valve job and pretty up the chambers and I can call it quits for these heads.

checkint.jpg

export.jpg

chamber.jpg

Those chambers look great! Keep up the good work and this 273 will act more like a hopped up 340.

I'm fairly confidant the little 273 will make 325 hp...I'll give it my best shot

Almost there...crank is ballanced...just a valve job and set the valve spring heights that be that

bal273.jpg

Your a busy guy Rob.I gotta be there when Vic fires it up.Hope he gets his garage done by then.

Don't worry Dave...at the rate that I'm running into little problems Vic will have time to build another floor on his house.
I really wanted to get his whole car ready for that Mopar show but no such luck...

Well that's a bummer Vic.But it has to be done right,no shortcuts,you'll pay for it later.Are you guys going to the show anyhow?Which show are ya talking about?8)

Well that's a bummer Vic.But it has to be done right,no shortcuts,you'll pay for it later.Are you guys going to the show anyhow?Which show are ya talking about?8)

Come on Dave the Big Mopar show on Monday! Its the biggest Mopar show of the summer and the last. It is mopar night at the Tavern on Sunday and the Mopar show across the street on MondAY from11-4.

September 5 (Sun) - Tavern United Cruise Night - Feature Club
Tavern United - Regent Ave.

The MMA is the feature club. Please arrive early to ensure a spot in the reserved club area

September 6 (Mon) - Labour Day Show - Sponsored by Gauthier Chrysler Dodge Jeep

Manitoba's largest all Mopar show.
11:00am - 4:00pm

Getting the spring height right for the camshaft is no small task on these 273 heads...

vsprings.jpg

vjob.jpg

Looks Good..!!

Where's the door handles and bumpers and stuff ??? :poke:

-
Back