273 Freshen...pic

-
Nice little motor! What is the max RPM on that motor.

On this 273 with the pistons that were used no more than 7000 rpm...

The crank on this one I just used a grinder because I never really touched the two most important counter weights. Those need to go in the mill for shaping way too much material to remove. Plus you touch those and you need $500-$600 worth of Mallory.

Well it's time to plug in the video camera...it's alive and running...and to say it runs good would be a huge understatement.
It's a real deadly little sleeper...no purple shaft rum pity rump it runs almost like a stocker but you can tell it's got a lot of motor...when the ex valve opens it makes that nice ping in the header tube.Nothing soft here...it barks out the ex pipes...
It defiantly makes a bit more power than I had stated but like I tell people...if it doesn't do exactly what I said it will do ...you don't have to pay me :lol:
Now all Vic has to do is a bit of clean up...check lights and tidy up a bit...
because I'm done...
once it's all cleaned up I'll fire up the video recorder...

I drove the Cuda around this afternoon...man what a nice car...it acts like it has a much bigger engine in it. It's very smooth and very Crisp even with the 2" ex system..can't wait to see how it runs with the Ultra Flows on.
Tomorrow I'll fire up the Video camera and post something.

On this 273 with the pistons that were used no more than 7000 rpm...

The crank on this one I just used a grinder because I never really touched the two most important counter weights. Those need to go in the mill for shaping way too much material to remove. Plus you touch those and you need $500-$600 worth of Mallory.

The two most important being the middle?

It's the two big flat front and rear counter weights that cause the most drag..

I had it out for about an hour this morning for a quick once over before Vic came to pick it up...
It's back at his place for a clean up and when he has it all shined up I guess it's time for a video.
I'd like him to get a couple of hundred miles on it before I put the inner valve springs in and turn him loose on the streets :-D.
He should all the miles on it by tomorrow...:shock:

It's been a while since the last post...I haven't had the car as Vic has been running around getting things done to the car.
He dropped by after he picked up the car from the muffler shop to let me have a listen...well it sure doesn't sound like a 273 that's for sure..!!
Tomorrow I hope to get the valve springs on and sharpen up the tune a bit.Then Vic can shoot some video and post it up.
The muffler guy sure did a nice job with the 3" into 2 1/2 system all I could do was snap a couple of pictures with the car sitting on the driveway.
Tomorrow Vic can post up better ones...

tips.jpg

pipe.jpg

Vic...where's the video of the car running... at least post something..!! come on man :-D

Stopped by Vic's yesterday. Oh boy that engine sounds nice! Can you do that to a 340 also Rob? He's got 200K on it. I don't think you're gonna get a video from Vic.Let's see what this weekend brings,if the weather is ok and Vic agrees maybe we go for a cruise and I take some video.8)

Dave...you were in the garagemahall..!!:prayer: why didn't you just take the video camera out of the back seat and do a walk around...I'm sure it's still there from when I tossed it in weeks ago...:tongue5:

You know...all you small block guys should get together this week and chassis dyno your cars when we do Vic's car...That way if you guys step up over the winter you'll have a base line..Definatly something to think about...
But mind you I know what kinda numbers a stone stock 340 makes at the wheels.I remember one guy who slipped into denial after he got his sheet.

You know...all you small block guys should get together this week and chassis dyno your cars when we do Vic's car...That way if you guys step up over the winter you'll have a base line..Definatly something to think about...
But mind you I know what kinda numbers a stone stock 340 makes at the wheels.I remember one guy who slipped into denial after he got his sheet.[/QUOTE]

I can understand that Rob. After spending all that money only to find out "that's it!!!". Personally, well you know what I want!! More, more, more!!! Lol!!:toothy10: Having said that, I'm in. Hey did I tell you I should have a new seat by the weekend.

Dave...you were in the garagemahall..!!:prayer: why didn't you just take the video camera out of the back seat and do a walk around...I'm sure it's still there from when I tossed it in weeks ago...:tongue5:

But mind you I know what kinda numbers a stone stock 340 makes at the wheels.I remember one guy who slipped into denial after he got his sheet.

Oh really? And when would that be? And where also. 8)

Oh really? And when would that be? And where also. 8)

When..this week...as to where it would have to be at Motion as he has a chassis dyno. Right on the corner of Logan and Route 90.
all I have to do is find the time to put the inner springs in the cuda.My wife took this week off from work and me working on her least favorite car might be a problem LOL
But if all go well I'd imagine Sat.

When..this week...as to where it would have to be at Motion as he has a chassis dyno. Right on the corner of Logan and Route 90.
all I have to do is find the time to put the inner springs in the cuda.My wife took this week off from work and me working on her least favorite car might be a problem LOL

I would be up for that, if it is later in the PM. My Dad and I are heading out SAt AM to look at a 1970 GTX for sale, rolling chassis with everything except engine and tranny, but for my dad (mechanic of 43 years) that is not a problem. The price is good and it is a car type he loves, so gotta make the trip!

Mark

Now why would that be?:-D

I would be up for that, if it is later in the PM. My Dad and I are heading out SAt AM to look at a 1970 GTX for sale, rolling chassis with everything except engine and tranny, but for my dad (mechanic of 43 years) that is not a problem. The price is good and it is a car type he loves, so gotta make the trip!

Mark

I'm up for it too Mark,maybe I'll call Bill and Ken. Forget about the GTX,I bought it yesterday. :-D

I'm up for it too Mark,maybe I'll call Bill and Ken. Forget about the GTX,I bought it yesterday. :-D

Better lock that garage tight Dave, I will be like the wind in and out with that GTX. The car is actually the color combo he wants, the ivy green with the black striping on it originally. I really can't wait to see it, I hope he buys it, if not I am going to have a cheque waiting in my pocket for him. It will be a cool project for us to work on together. It has the air grabber hood as well.

-
Back