-
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrispy1971gtx

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Wanted: Good clean, complete, set of 273 HP valve covers. No junk, no cut up ones.

Have for trade: modified 340 LD intake. Wall milled down in center, other than that, in great shape.

Tbone416 has a set...I'll tell him to get on here and pms you.

cheap as I can get them....prefer to trade.

Year doesn't matter, just so long as they are complete with breather and pvc valve.

Also have, excellent used banana groove rocker shafts for sale/trade.

The pre 67 valve covers had 2 caps with the pvc valve set up on top of one. I've always wondered if those covers had baffles inside or not. The actual breather for Calif' emissions will have a extra tube on the side. Those were filled with fiberglass straw that could deteriorate with age and get into engine.
I'm suggesting you seek year model correct and plan to replace breather with new. Good luck

The pre 67 valve covers had 2 caps with the pvc valve set up on top of one. I've always wondered if those covers had baffles inside or not. The actual breather for Calif' emissions will have a extra tube on the side. Those were filled with fiberglass straw that could deteriorate with age and get into engine.
I'm suggesting you seek year model correct and plan to replace breather with new. Good luck

All had baffles under the oil filler cap and PCV cap. The 49 state 65 oil filler cap had had no tube on it to connect to the air cleaner. IIRC 66 and later had the tube for the CAP originated in CA.

Yep Mike, you started it off as I recall. I should update that old thread with the news that Ulf's car scored 996 out of a possible 1000 points at the coveted Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals this past summer. Maybe his PSC valve covers helped lol ...

I wanting a set for a 69 dart, so "exact" isn't needed. But decent ones are. thanks for schooling me on them. Didn't realize there were different styles.

I wanting a set for a 69 dart, so "exact" isn't needed. But decent ones are. thanks for schooling me on them. Didn't realize there were different styles.

They usually go around $150 used, but if Cudachick powder coats them, the are worth millions.... :D

For a 69 I would use a set for a 67. If they were continued in 68/69, the 67's would be most correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back