318 custom badging?

-
Jeff answered back and he’s got nothing left. He did say if he ever had his own equipment he would resume making them

I ran a 318 in my 340 Swinger with the scoop badges and dint fell no kind of way, in fact old heads would come up and say " is that a 340? that sounds good..."

It kind of reminds me of growing up in the 80s/90s and a 69 Camaro on the street with 302 badges, they never had 302s in them...

my car ,in primer ( see my avatar pic) drew alot of attention and I don't know why...it was either nods of approval or shock and despair, I'd roll through small Pennsylvania towns and women would grab their kids and pull them back from the curb...:)

I ran a 318 in my 340 Swinger with the scoop badges and dint fell no kind of way, in fact old heads would come up and say " is that a 340? that sounds good..."

It kind of reminds me of growing up in the 80s/90s and a 69 Camaro on the street with 302 badges, they never had 302s in them...

my car ,in primer ( see my avatar pic) drew alot of attention and I don't know why...
69 Z28's had 302 in them.

These guys could probably custom make up the 318 FOUR BARREL
emblems for you.

Screenshot_20220414-135215_Firefox.jpg

They have some customs for as little as 35 dollars each.

Like the layout of these 383 Emblems

Screenshot_20220414-135807_Gallery.jpg

These guys could probably custom make up the 318 FOUR BARREL
emblems for you.

View attachment 1715907500

They have some customs for as little as 35 dollars each.

Like the layout of these 383 Emblems

View attachment 1715907499
$35 each minimum of 300 that's $10,500 Whoever would buy them would have to get busy and sell them to everyone else. Depending on the individual cost you may have $50 each in each one. The reseller would have to mark them up so they may retail for $75. That's where it doesn't make sense.

$35 each minimum of 300 that's $10,500 Whoever would buy them would have to get busy and sell them to everyone else. Depending on the individual cost you may have $50 each in each one. The reseller would have to mark them up so they may retail for $75. That's where it doesn't make sense.

Guess it pays to read the fine print, 300 pc minimum order.

Thought that was too good to be true.

Kid Rock found a way to get a custom made emblem for his Rolls Royce. Got to be a way to get it done.

Screenshot_20220414-133108_Gallery.jpg

Are you married to the idea of "318 Four Barrel" emblems?
The scoops just used "340" emblems.
EBay is loaded with emblems for the BMW 318i and 318d guys, cheap- self adhesive, just leave the suffix letter off.
Like these:
s-l225.webp
vs.
s-l225.webp

Or just go to the boneyard and get a couple...
There's even a 318CI, just tell people it's "cubic inch".
s-l225.webp
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2F840AAOSwS51ejYbY%2Fs-l300.jpg

OK, here is a way to do it for a pair.

Get a pair of 1.5" x 3" x 1/4 aluminum plate. Then with a computer controlled end mill you machine out the desired emblem shape and insert letting.

Then use black paint for the background and then polish up the remaining aluminum like chrome.

Then stick them on with double faced attachment tape.

Water jet could be used to cut the shapes out of the 1" aluminum plate too.

Just talked with my machinist friend to see if this is possible ^^^.

Here is his response:

"Oh ya, that's doable"

Can find a machinist, some 1/4" aluminum plate, and a picture of your 318 Four Barrel emblem you would like to make in the proper size so they have something to follow.

Half the fun is in the journey.

Just talked with my machinist friend to see if this is possible ^^^.

Here is his response:

"Oh ya, that's doable"

Can find a machinist, some 1/4" aluminum plate, and a picture of your 318 Four Barrel emblem you would like to make in the proper size so they have something to follow.

Half the fun is in the journey.
Can be machine the whole thing?
That’s how this one was done

upload_2022-4-14_20-36-50.jpeg

Here is what my machinist buddy said how they go about making a part like that:

Yes. We use software to design the part then it generates the program. Once 1 it's made it's easy to make more.

☆☆☆☆☆

Yes. We use software to design the part then it generates the program. Once 1 it's made it's easy to make more.

☆☆☆☆☆
Interested! Tell me more! Price? Can we get it downsized to fit the hood scoop engine call out? It can be a little bigger/taller than the “340” but I don’t think it can be too much larger.

☆☆☆☆☆
Here is the original thread. There are a two photos of different stages of the machine process

340 on hood scoop:
upload_2022-4-14_21-33-9.jpeg

“340” dimensions
2 5/16” x 5/8”

3M mount tape should suffice but here are mount post dimensions
1 5/8 apart center to center

Interested! Tell me more! Price? Can we get it downsized to fit the hood scoop engine call out? It can be a little bigger/taller than the “340” but I don’t think it can be too much larger.

That is what I was wondering about the layout for the hood scoups.

Take a picture of the 340 scoup emblems and share it here.

Would think they are the long and skinny style.

Just playing around with the Microsoft Publisher files to see if I could create a program image.

20220414_221616.jpg

20220414_221402.jpg

Think it will probably take some type of Cad Program to work with machine shop machines.

Guess next logical step would be to see if someone at a machine shop could create your desired image and of the right size to fit your scoups.

Then the machine shops should be able to cut them out.

My guy works for a big medical machine building company, doubt he has time to get involved with this.

Although he has helped to show the path how it can be done.

Design images probably need to be 3D rotatable with the cad programs.

Unlike the 2D Publisher Program I was attempting to use.

-
Back