318 manifolds ?

-

hoosierdaddy

Reaction score
I'm wanting to know if 318 manifolds will work on a 340 ? I have headers now but I think I want to go back to manifolds .

they do work, but A-body 318 manifolds are quite possibly THE worst flowing manifolds ever devised. Mostly because of the crap driver's side ones. They have at best 2" outlets. I would suggest against it

I've read that the magnum manifolds flowed nearly as well as the 340 manifolds but likely won't fit on the driver's side.

It will hurt exhaust flow and engine output. Might even affect exhaust valve life.

Sure, they'll bolt on and probably run okay at part throttle, but the're so restrictive compared with a good flowing system, that they're probably going to cost the engine 30+ horsepower.

Not a very good idea if you care at all about how the engine performs at full throttle.

ok thats what i figured. i cant afford headers yet and dont want to hurt the engine lol but can deal with a little slower for now

What year is your car, magnum manifolds fit my '74 duster with manual steering. If you get the '92-'93 manifolds they have 2.25 outlets too.

-
Back