318 MAX fuel economy builds?

-
What is involved to get the computer transmission connected and controlled in a vintage car? I got an A-500 with the lever kick down and will control it with fully adj pressure switches and vacuum kick downs for both the od and the lock up so they drop individually rather than losing both simultaneously like some are hooked up.

You can't use the factory pcm to *only* control the transmission because it wants too much data. Well, I suppose it's possible, but by the time you put in the effort to set up a vehicle speed sensor, throttle position sensor, crank sensor, and maybe a MAP sensor you might as well go full EFI.

And if you want a full EFI engine and computer controlled OD transmission in a vintage Mopar then the Magnum swap so obviously the way to go. It's a drop-in setup anyone with some knowledge of automotive wiring, the factory service manual, and access to Google can do themselves.

There are a some standalone controllers out there that will manage the 4Xre and 4Xrh transmissions on a carbureted engine. I just found this, but I know there's at least one more I can't find right now:
E-Trans Control

If you're building an LA engine (or any engine) for big power EFI you can use the Holley Terminator, which will also control the OD trans:
Holley EFI 558-473 Holley EFI Transmission Control Harness - Chrysler 46RE

But the standalone controllers aren't cost effective if you already have an RH transmission like your A500. Just use the pressure switches and vacuum switches like you're planning to do. They work fine, albeit not perfectly. I'll explain "not perfectly" in a separate post.

You can't use the factory pcm to *only* control the transmission because it wants too much data. Well, I suppose it's possible, but by the time you put in the effort to set up a vehicle speed sensor, throttle position sensor, crank sensor, and maybe a MAP sensor you might as well go full EFI.

And if you want a full EFI engine and computer controlled OD transmission in a vintage Mopar then the Magnum swap so obviously the way to go. It's a drop-in setup anyone with some knowledge of automotive wiring, the factory service manual, and access to Google can do themselves.

There are a some standalone controllers out there that will manage the 4Xre and 4Xrh transmissions on a carbureted engine. I just found this, but I know there's at least one more I can't find right now:
E-Trans Control

If you're building an LA engine (or any engine) for big power EFI you can use the Holley Terminator, which will also control the OD trans:
Holley EFI 558-473 Holley EFI Transmission Control Harness - Chrysler 46RE

But the standalone controllers aren't cost effective if you already have an RH transmission like your A500. Just use the pressure switches and vacuum switches like you're planning to do. They work fine, albeit not perfectly. I'll explain "not perfectly" in a separate post.
Initially I had the OD and lockup controlled by adjustable pressure switches, but I didn't have any vacuum switches for kickdown / unlock. I had it set to upshift into OD at 48 mph and it would automatically downshift back into 3rd at about 45 mph. Lockup was set at 55 mph which would automatically unlock at 52 mph. Those upshift speeds made sense for my setup at moderate acceleration, and the downshifts were just how the pressure switches function.

Without the vacuum switches it didn't matter how much or how little throttle I was feeding the car, it would shift at those points. And no automatic kickdown whatsoever. I had rocker switches so I could manually disable / shut off both OD and LU, so it was manageable.

Here's what I didnt like that i had no way to manage: it would downshift into 3rd too soon. OD is a freewheel gear, but 3rd is not. So when decelerating from 50 mph (for example) I would really feel the downshift from OD to 3rd as the rpms went up to about 1500. And when decelerating from 70 mph (for example) the LU would hold until I hit 52 mph. LU is not a freewheeling action, so until it unlocked there would be a similar dragging feeling. Still a million times better than 3 gears and no lockup, but not ideal.

With the factory PCM it works like you already understand from your more modern vehicle. At light throttle it goes into OD then LU as soon as it can. More throttle = later upshift, and of course kickdown when required. When in lockup at cruising speed it will unlock as soon as I let off the throttle and allow the car to freewheel and gently decelerate. I think you might be able to get it pretty close to this if you spend the time to dial in your vacuum switches and pressure switches.

Long post, but ideas for better fuel economy-
1) Ignition system upgrades:
- The late '80s engines would already have a breakerless ignition.
- As for distributor cap, use only brass terminal versions. Both Blue Streak and NAPA's Belden brands offer brass terminal distributor caps. Use the rotor for the cap.
- Make sure the coil is robust. Older coils may not output sufficient energy for an effective spark.
- If you choose an aftermarket coil, be sure you either use a ceramic resistor, or choose a coil with dwell requirements compatible with the factory coil and ignition module. Too much dwell will burn out a high performance coil, while insufficient dwell will deliver a milk-toast spark.
- Pulstar Plugs pack a more powerful punch than standard plugs. They incorporate a mild "Peaking Cap" that delivers a significantly more intense spark (Home - Pulstar Spark Plugs).
- Peaking Caps are relatively small capacitance capacitors (I've tested 150 pF upwards of 1000 pF) rated at a substantially high voltage (don't even think about using anything rated at less than 20 kV). 150-320 pF should be ample. They are placed in parallel to a NON-RESISTOR spark plug. Typical resistor plugs won't see any difference in the spark intensity. One lead of the cap goes to the ignition wire-to-plug connection (or COP-to-plug connection), and the other lead goes to ground.
- NGK, Champion, Autolite, Bosch, etc versions of "non-resistor" spark plugs still have about 1k ohms of resistance, while their normal resistor plugs have about 10k ohms. Brisk non-resistor plugs start at about 210 ohms (measured) for their "cheapies" down to less than 1 ohm for their Silver Aircraft No-Outer-Electrode plugs.
- Typical ignition wires have between 1k and 1.2k ohms per foot. An old hot-rod trick was to use solid core wires. Resistive wires were adopted due to AM radio interference from solid core wires. Modern computer controlled engines cannot run with solid core wires, as the EMF/RFI scrambles sensor signals rendering the ECU useless.... Granatelli discovered a way to use solid core wires in modern engines by incorporating an EMF/RFI suppression ferrite ring. The Granatelli wires are blue, but they also sell the same technology under the MPG Plus brand with a green jacket.
- Platinum makes for an excellent catalyst, but by nature lowers the voltage threshold requirement to initiate a spark jump to the point where substantially less fuel is ignited. The same can be said for other catalyst metals like iridium and probably ruthenium. Old fashioned copper core plugs with inconel electrodes deliver a higher spark intensity. The benefit of catalyst (platinum/iridium) electrodes is their ability to last 200k miles.
- Assuming your coil is capable, increasing spark gap will increase spark intensity. Some hot-rodders would jam a square of toilet paper into the distributor cap coil terminal to increase overall secondary ignition gap/resistance, which yielded a higher intensity spark.
- A much more thorough explanation can be found at https://www.ecoceptor.com/MPGenie/ignition
2) Engine Considerations:
- First and foremost is the engine must be in good working condition. Cracked or worn rings that leak could never deliver the desired results. If a compression test delivers consistent healthy results, then move forward with confidence. If not, you may be spinning your wheels chasing an elusive and unobtainable goal.
- As the dynamic compression ratio is increased, the flame propagation rate is increased as well. This helps convert more of the chemical energy in the fuel to kinetic energy at the flywheel (in dyno terms, it's BSFC; in other words, better fuel economy); within the tolerance of the fuel (more shortly).
- The inverse of addition is subtraction. The inverse of multiplication is division. The inverse of the compression ratio is the expansion ratio. Increased static compression equals greater expansion ratio. George Arlington Moor pioneered a process of using a 16:1 static compression ratio with a custom camshaft profile that extended the intake lobe closing event to half way up on the compression stroke. The dynamic compression ratio was a tolerable 8:1, but the expansion ratio was an advantageous 16:1 (look at how much more efficient diesel engines are with their 22:1 compression ratios versus gas engines with 9:1). Furthermore, this process would draw in an atomized air/fuel charge, swirl it around in a hot cylinder, vaporize some of the atomized fuel, then regurgitate some of it back into the intake plenum making it available for the next cylinder in the firing order as a more combustible mix. Mike Brown created a kit for popular Chrysler 360, Ford 302, and Chevy 350 engines back in the 1980's that included pistons and camshaft that utilized Moore's concept. The Toyota Prius uses the Atkins Cycle in their engines, similar to what Moore developed.
- The engine has many parasites; oil pump, water pump, windage, valve springs, friction, etc. If a stock oil pump keeps the engine alive, a high volume/pressure pump only creates additional parasites. If you only intend to rev the engine to 3800 RPM, high pressure valve springs only act as additional parasites. If the oil pump-to-block passages couldn't pass as identical twins, there will be flow restrictions increasing parasitic losses. You may want to port match oil/coolant passages. Casting flash that would cause flow restrictions in an intake or exhaust port could also cause restrictions in oil/coolant passages as well. This costs energy consumption.
- 30+ years ago I built a 360 using 318 cam, 318 open chamber heads (because the 302's weren't out yet), 318 intake & carb, and 318 exhaust manifolds. It was a 0.030" overbore using 1971 flat top pistons (no dish). As I recall, it ended up with a 10.8:1 static compression ratio. It was installed in a 1974 W-150 pick-up. It got 23-24 MPG HWY, and could pull a house on 87 octane fuel (quote from the truck owner).
3) Cylinder heads:
- Higher port velocities = higher efficiencies (BSFC). This has been extensively covered by the likes of David Vizard, Larry Widmer-TheOldOne, and numerous others. It isn't just port size, but eliminating dead zones where fuel can fall out of suspension.
- Abnormal protrusions can capture liquid fuel droplets and condense them into a small stream. Casting flash and machining marks can cost performance & economy. Simply smoothing a port can enhance both. Pay special attention to the valve guide areas, as well as the bowl transitions.
- Way back in the 1950's, OEMs found the benefits of "squish pads", where the piston almost smacks into a flat surface in the cylinder head. Look at early BB and 273 heads. For NOx emissions reasons, they abandoned the squish pad for open chamber heads from the mid 1960's till the late 1980's. The topic of 318 "302" heads (swirl port) involves not only higher compression -- tolerant to low octane fuel, but also reduced emissions (with the added benefit of better fuel economy and usable power). They have the venerable "squish pad".
- In the combustion chamber, sharp edges are your enemy. Look up "The Coanda Effect". Rounding sharp edges in the combustion chamber will allow the flame front to flow from one zone to another with less effort, promoting better flame propagation.
- Spend some time on "www.TheOldOne.com" to see how Larry Widmer built a minuscule 1.8 liter Honda engine, 13:1 static compression, 30# turbo boost, on 93 octane pump gas, and made over 500 HP, and got over 80 MPG!!!
- Intake port textures are critical. It has been known for several decades. Rough textures promote an exaggerated boundary layer. This forces the flow of air/fuel towards the center of the port, keeps the charge excited, and velocities high. Much discussion has been exchanged on using 40 or even 30 grit sanding rolls on intake ports to create a rough texture. There are also threads discussing using bent-bit chatter to create scallops in the surface. I personally developed what I called Powre Lynz that put "screw threads" into the intake port. The benefits are a variable boundary layer that responds positively to engine demands, better fuel suspension in the charge, and it will better vaporize fuel droplets that fall out of suspension and reintroduce them into the intake charge stream. Many CNC head porters now (thanks to me introducing David Vizard to my Powre Lynz) use a small ball bit and course resolution to create "ocean waves" in the intake ports.
View attachment 1716017513
- You NEVER want a larger port from one component to lead into a smaller port in another component. The entire flow path includes the carburetor to intake manifold, to cylinder head intake port, to exhaust port, to exhaust manifold, to exhaust pipe path. Using a spread bore carb on a square bore intake creates unwanted obstruction. Using a 360/340 intake manifold with 318/273 heads creates unwanted obstruction. In the cylinder head, make sure the exhaust port in the combustion chamber is unshrouded (matched to the cylinder bore). Ideally, the intake manifold ports should be exactly the same dimensions as the ports in the cylinder head (as the "port" is continuous from manifold to head). The same for exhaust ports. The compromise when porting is to make the leading part port 1-2 mm smaller then the receiving part. In other words, the intake manifold port is 1-2 mm smaller than the port in the cylinder head. This prevents manifold alignment issues from creating unwanted port mismatch turbulence.
4) Induction-
- The concept is wet versus dry flow. Carburetors and TBI systems flow the entire intake tract wet -- air and fuel. Port fuel induction systems flow mostly dry, but still a portion of the tract wet. GDI flows only air, where the fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber. Since the discussion is about a late '80s carbureted 318, the topic of focus is on wet flow throughout the entire intake tract.
- Many inventions/patents have focused on putting a screen or other "diffuser" under the carb to break larger fuel droplets into smaller droplets. I experimented with stainless screens with varying spacing, and different approach angles. My test bed was a '70 Duster with a 225 I custom built. It had a Super-6 2-bbl intake manifold. Using carb screens, I was able to squeak out 29.4 MPG best (well over my 18 MPG baseline). Later I found the Power Plate which was a 1" aluminum spacer that mounted between the carb and intake. It featured tapered cones under the carb bores with a 20 pitch screw thread. The body was heated with engine coolant. To install it, I had to remove my carb screen. Needless to say, I went from a best of 29~ MPG to 44.7 MPG!! Normal driving was still in the mid- to high-30 MPG range.
View attachment 1716017514

View attachment 1716017515
[Wow, long post. Should quit for now.]

This is a ton of great information. I don't mind reading a long post, but to @rumblefish360's point, proper paragraphs are key for me.

The one thing I think most guys don't consider enough with fuel economy is the bit about parasitic losses. Over the years I have put some thought into efficiency for power and fuel economy, but never considered casting flash in the oil and coolant passages. That's definitely not nothing.

Here are a couple more things to consider, not necessarily directly related to the engine:

Electric fan. I know some guys hate them, but in 20+ years the electric fan I've had on my car has done the job and I'm sure saved a ton of fuel.

Synthetic fluids everywhere at the lowest viscosity you can get away with. I won't open the can of worms on engine oil, but the ATF+4 is a good choice for efficiency in an automatic transmission. And a synthetic 75w-90 gear oil for the differential will also help. Even synthetic wheel bearing grease might do something, if only a little bit.

Also, 4 wheel drum brakes are probably better than older disc brakes. Many old disc brake setups tended to have a slight bit of contact between the pads and rotors all the time.

Finally, an air dam at the front of the car. Not just a chin spoiler, but a dam that curves around to keep oncoming air off the front tires. The 91 Ford Ranger piece seems to work well on A bodies. You can search this site for examples of guys doing it.

This is a ton of great information. I don't mind reading a long post, but to @rumblefish360's point, proper paragraphs are key for me.

The one thing I think most guys don't consider enough with fuel economy is the bit about parasitic losses. Over the years I have put some thought into efficiency for power and fuel economy, but never considered casting flash in the oil and coolant passages. That's definitely not nothing.

Here are a couple more things to consider, not necessarily directly related to the engine:

Electric fan. I know some guys hate them, but in 20+ years the electric fan I've had on my car has done the job and I'm sure saved a ton of fuel.

Synthetic fluids everywhere at the lowest viscosity you can get away with. I won't open the can of worms on engine oil, but the ATF+4 is a good choice for efficiency in an automatic transmission. And a synthetic 75w-90 gear oil for the differential will also help. Even synthetic wheel bearing grease might do something, if only a little bit.

Also, 4 wheel drum brakes are probably better than older disc brakes. Many old disc brake setups tended to have a slight bit of contact between the pads and rotors all the time.

Finally, an air dam at the front of the car. Not just a chin spoiler, but a dam that curves around to keep oncoming air off the front tires. The 91 Ford Ranger piece seems to work well on A bodies. You can search this site for examples of guys doing it.
I do run an electric fan, Comes on at 195 shuts down at 185. with a 180 thermostat the fan almost never runs when the car is moving.

I have t found an electric fan yet worth a crap. I’m sure there is one out there but I’m done spending my money on them. The factory fan & shroud is all I’ll use 99% of the time. There just dead reliable & work great for me.

I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around this with just a heated carb spacer.
The Power Plate had tapered cones under the throttle bores. The interior of the cones had 20 pitch screw threads in them. The cones protruded into the intake manifold by about 3/4". The engine coolant merely offset the evaporative cooling effect of vaporizing most of the fuel. This single device educated me as to the value of properly vaporizing the fuel and homogenizing it with the air.

Oh, and the power increase was like I yanked the /6 and dropped a 360 2-bbl in. Best of both worlds!

The Power Plate had tapered cones under the throttle bores. The interior of the cones had 20 pitch screw threads in them. The cones protruded into the intake manifold by about 3/4". The engine coolant merely offset the evaporative cooling effect of vaporizing most of the fuel. This single device educated me as to the value of properly vaporizing the fuel and homogenizing it with the air.

Oh, and the power increase was like I yanked the /6 and dropped a 360 2-bbl in. Best of both worlds!
I have an air-aid on the car now and plan on using it on the 360 but I've only seen heated ones on factory fords and they didnt have the threads inside. Where does a guy get one of those?

Initially I had the OD and lockup controlled by adjustable pressure switches, but I didn't have any vacuum switches for kickdown / unlock. I had it set to upshift into OD at 48 mph and it would automatically downshift back into 3rd at about 45 mph. Lockup was set at 55 mph which would automatically unlock at 52 mph. Those upshift speeds made sense for my setup at moderate acceleration, and the downshifts were just how the pressure switches function.

Without the vacuum switches it didn't matter how much or how little throttle I was feeding the car, it would shift at those points. And no automatic kickdown whatsoever. I had rocker switches so I could manually disable / shut off both OD and LU, so it was manageable.

Here's what I didnt like that i had no way to manage: it would downshift into 3rd too soon. OD is a freewheel gear, but 3rd is not. So when decelerating from 50 mph (for example) I would really feel the downshift from OD to 3rd as the rpms went up to about 1500. And when decelerating from 70 mph (for example) the LU would hold until I hit 52 mph. LU is not a freewheeling action, so until it unlocked there would be a similar dragging feeling. Still a million times better than 3 gears and no lockup, but not ideal.

With the factory PCM it works like you already understand from your more modern vehicle. At light throttle it goes into OD then LU as soon as it can. More throttle = later upshift, and of course kickdown when required. When in lockup at cruising speed it will unlock as soon as I let off the throttle and allow the car to freewheel and gently decelerate. I think you might be able to get it pretty close to this if you spend the time to dial in your vacuum switches and pressure switches.
That is a lot of good intel. And I appreciate the fact that you were willing to take your time and share it with me, us.

I have an air-aid on the car now and plan on using it on the 360 but I've only seen heated ones on factory fords and they didnt have the threads inside. Where does a guy get one of those?
They went out of production about 20 years ago. Back when I had my speed shop I made one for a motor home project.
installed1.jpg

top2.jpg

machinedplate2.jpg

cones1.jpg

Yes. It was a high compression engine (don't remember anymore the specs) and I retained the EGR function. FWIW, George Arlington Moore used EGR back in the 1920's to improve fuel economy and power, and reduce emissions (HC, CO, and visible smoke). He increased compression and advanced ignition timing.

Yes. It was a high compression engine (don't remember anymore the specs) and I retained the EGR function. FWIW, George Arlington Moore used EGR back in the 1920's to improve fuel economy and power, and reduce emissions (HC, CO, and visible smoke). He increased compression and advanced ignition timing.
So if I take my Air-aid to my machinist and have him machine ports around the perimiter with dead ends drilled towards the center between the holes but not piercing them this may help MPG. Then cap the extra holes and run a coolant line through the spacer to keep the mixing fuel air warmer? I can get that done pretty easy if you think it would help.

I was thinking of welding the manifolds heat cross over closed and run coolant through that to keep that area cooler. Bad idea?

Also, What temp coolant did you pipe through the spacer? I assume you were very specific about that and tested different temps?

Last edited:
The motor home version didn't have engine coolant jackets. The Power Plate was the inspiration for my Powre Lynz in the intake ports (how do I translate this carb technology to modern PFI engines?). I suggest experimenting. For the Powre Lynz I had special tools made to carve 12, 16, and 20 pitch threads. I found the coarse 12 pitch would dramatically inflate the boundary layer, allowing me to direct the velocity stream pretty much anywhere I wanted it. I initially started with 20 pitch because that's what the Power Plate used.

In addition to cone taper (PP was 8 degrees) and length (1.75" from base of carb to discharge in plenum), you could experiment with thread pitches like I did with PLs. Since the patent has expired, and they've been out of production for over 2 decades, you could probably start selling them to others.

powrelynztool2.jpg

The motor home version didn't have engine coolant jackets. The Power Plate was the inspiration for my Powre Lynz in the intake ports (how do I translate this carb technology to modern PFI engines?). I suggest experimenting. For the Powre Lynz I had special tools made to carve 12, 16, and 20 pitch threads. I found the coarse 12 pitch would dramatically inflate the boundary layer, allowing me to direct the velocity stream pretty much anywhere I wanted it. I initially started with 20 pitch because that's what the Power Plate used.

In addition to cone taper (PP was 8 degrees) and length (1.75" from base of carb to discharge in plenum), you could experiment with thread pitches like I did with PLs. Since the patent has expired, and they've been out of production for over 2 decades, you could probably start selling them to others.
Interesting. I will have one modified this winter and set it up on the new engine being built just for this project.

What I'm running is a 1/4" thermo gasket on top of the performer manifold and the Air Aid on that with the Edelbrock carb on the top. What I'm hearing is I got it wrong and It should be the Air Aid on the manifold to keep the spacer hot and run the thermo gasket on that to keep my carb and fuel cool until I need it. I need to switch my current system around for better atomization , power and MPG. Correct?

Who exactly is incapable of wrapping their heads around MPG's intel?

Lots of folks here.

the value of properly vaporizing the fuel and homogenizing it with the air.

And there it is. There have been raging debates on this forum that you obviously haven't been present for which have concerned achieving this by its various forms I.E including Carb design and Carb sizing. You know you can apply this to a race engine right?

How to Pick the Best Carburetor for a Street/Strip Car

Now ask yourself why the smallest of all the carbs ran the quickest while generating 5.5 inches of vacuum at the top end? There is much more to detonation than just octane ratings

Fuel vapors don't explode. Detonation is the liquid droplets exploding. Vaporizing the fuel is like adding octane, but without the slower flame speed. In fact, better vaporizing the fuel and mixing it better with the air will require less ignition timing advance. David Vizard has a video on his channel where he talks about this (as applicable to a British 1974 Chrysler Avenger).

Fuel vapors don't explode. Detonation is the liquid droplets exploding. Vaporizing the fuel is like adding octane, but without the slower flame speed. In fact, better vaporizing the fuel and mixing it better with the air will require less ignition timing advance. David Vizard has a video on his channel where he talks about this (as applicable to a British 1974 Chrysler Avenger).
Very cool. Thats the reason I'm running the std performer with the smaller ports. Matched them to the gasket and thats the reason I'm wanting to run modified 920 heads instead of the rest. The carb and spacer do their thing but the rest has to compliment those effects and I believe they will.

I have t found an electric fan yet worth a crap. I’m sure there is one out there but I’m done spending my money on them. The factory fan & shroud is all I’ll use 99% of the time. There just dead reliable & work great for me.

Rumble in my experience the a/m electric fans are junk. That is why I get used oem ones. My Dakota and Ram Van are both running with Dodge intrepid dual fan setups. Both fans are built in to one plastic housing/shroud that fits like a glove on a 26" radiator. 5000 cfm of air flow. The fans make a difference in an in town driver, but open road there is little if any benefit over a thermostat clutch type fan.

And there it is. There have been raging debates on this forum that you obviously haven't been present for which have concerned achieving this by its various forms I.E including Carb design and Carb sizing. You know you can apply this to a race engine right?
There are theoretical hypothetical text book discussions, then there are "I tried a bunch of stuff and here's what I found..." type discussions. Recently I spent several months compiling and codifying 30+ years of trying stuff into an information source at www.MPGenie.com. I don't have anything listed for sale. In fact, I share many products, but then send you to their sites to buy.

I will be conducting a 1-day Fuel Efficiency Basics 051 Training Class in the Stroudsburg, PA area on Saturday, December 10 at the Shawnee Resort if any of you want to attend (www.MPGenie.com/051 for Class details).

There are theoretical hypothetical text book discussions, then there are "I tried a bunch of stuff and here's what I found..." type discussions. Recently I spent several months compiling and codifying 30+ years of trying stuff into an information source at www.MPGenie.com. I don't have anything listed for sale. In fact, I share many products, but then send you to their sites to buy.

I will be conducting a 1-day Fuel Efficiency Basics 051 Training Class in the Stroudsburg, PA area on Saturday, December 10 at the Shawnee Resort if any of you want to attend (www.MPGenie.com/051 for Class details).
Mike will there be online access to the class? Maybe video tape it and make it available for a fee?

Mike will there be online access to the class? Maybe video tape it and make it available for a fee?
It will be taped. Usually I like to capture at least 2 if not 4 classes and edit the best footage for a production video. The technical information that will be covered is already on the MPGenie.com site, along with many hours of videos. The Class adds that personal touch, the ability for me to actually show modified parts, how to build a custom solid core ignition wire, show different spark plugs (my "Sparky" unit), answer questions, and so forth.
Sparky3.png

Sparky4.png

-
Back