318 to 390 stroker

-
The present tune is almost spot on with it. NGK BRK5E's gapped at .040. The MSD distributor he has has a bad pickup so he put a Davis Unified HEI unit he had laying around for it with an ACCEL HEI supercoil. The static timing is at 10 degrees advanced, and it's close to 33 all in around 3200 so far. We're going to be wiring the MSD Digital 6 up to the HEI hopefully tomorrow or the next night. Since we had to push the firewall back to put the HEI in, were going to keep the larger diameter distributor to keep spark scatter at bay, plus the advance rate is easy to change along with parts availability, blah blah blah.... The vacuum advance is straight off of manifold vacuum, it bumps up to happy 22 degrees for idle when it cranks up and the timing holds pretty close around that until the mechanical advance starts overcoming it around 1600-1800 rpm.
The Screaming Demon 750 is set with the front float a little high and the rear a little low to help with a lean surge during hard deacceleration, and the Idle-Eze adjustment is set so that the transfer slots are just barely under square. I cannot say enough good things about the four corner idling with this one.
It runs right on par with a well planned 440 but winds much quicker and doesn't carry the extra weight. I believe it's the best sounding 6500 rpm I have ever heard.

-
Back