-
Status
Not open for further replies.

srt8

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1971 340 bored .30 over complete from carb to pan what you see in picture is what you get. From the top BG 750 carb with pro-form main body, holley air gap strip denominator intake,w2 race heads with copper head gaskets , black mopar valve covers, huges racing custom blower grind solid cam I have cam card for buyer, je forged pistons 7.5:1 compression, eagle 6.123 H beam forged rods, stock steel 3.31 crank, mopar high volume oil pump, morso 7qrt oil pan, accel distributor, wires with ngk plugs and mopar water pump. Atchinson Machine and Racing o-ringing the block , heads, installed all bearings machined and line hone the block. Remp Racing in leamington assembled the entire motor. Estimated n/a horespower around 425. $3250 obo

I know nothing about blower motors, but this sure sounds like a great deal to me! Heck I think for that price I could justify changing the cam and pistons! Good luck with your sale.

What's the compression ratio if it's over 8to 1 it's can't be a blower motor

What's the compression ratio if it's over 8to 1 it's can't be a blower motor

I'm building one with 8.5 to 1 compression right now. It's going to have a 6-71 on top of it.

That's a good price on the OP's engine. I assume it is set up for a blow through supercharger.

Jack

The compression ratio is 7.5:1 . The motor was in a 1972 duster that I sold as a rolling chassis. It had a procharger supercharger on it that im keeping for a future project with my son. I have a sort video of it on youtube just search 1972 Plymouth duster by vhjrv.

425 hp on a 7.5:1 compression ratio 340 ci non aspirated engine seems high to me. Not that I'm any kind of an expert on a blower motor. I've always been taught higher comp ratio = more power. I know that's a whole different ballgame with forced induction. Anyway, would an old style roots style blower work on this engine? Like a 6-71 or 8-71 ??????

So the JE pistons are 7.5:1? Or is the overall dynamic compression 7.5:1? Big difference between static and dynamic compression. Is the carb set up for blow through? If so, by who? What are the cam specs?

7.5:1 is the over all dynamic compression. The carb is a home built blow through with the help of the guys on turbo mustang forms and the cam is a custom grind 546/560

7.5:1 is the over all dynamic compression. The carb is a home built blow through with the help of the guys on turbo mustang forms and the cam is a custom grind 546/560

OK, cool. Do you know the LSA on the cam?

Found the video

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehp315_M0uM"]1972 Plymouth Duster - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back