340 Hi-Po manifold stamping

-

charliec

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
'68 Dart; Parts manual calls for 2863545 and 2863552 for exhaust manifolds. It seems like I read that those numbers were later revised to 2863549 and 2863553. Are these identical parts with just a part number stamping changed? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on manifolds with one stamping or the other and then find that the clearances aren't right because of some subtle change. I want to use standard oil filter, starter, power steering, etc.

The first numbers are PART numbers, the second numbers are CASTING numbers, casting numbers are always cast on the parts and usually pretty close to the part numbers...

So, if I'm trying to find these manifolds I can search for either the part number or the casting number, and either one will produce the same part?

'68 Dart; Parts manual calls for 2863545 and 2863552 for exhaust manifolds. It seems like I read that those numbers were later revised to 2863549 and 2863553. Are these identical parts with just a part number stamping changed? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on manifolds with one stamping or the other and then find that the clearances aren't right because of some subtle change. I want to use standard oil filter, starter, power steering, etc.
Go with the casting numbers. (549 and 553)

So, if I'm trying to find these manifolds I can search for either the part number or the casting number, and either one will produce the same part?
Yes, casting numbers, nobody uses the part number to sell intake or exhaust manifolds...

-
Back