340 High Compression Pistons

-
I watched some of last years' SEGA videos... I am not a drag racer (beyond youthful street drag racing), but I really enjoyed those videos. That stuff was going on when I was growing up and I got a tad of exposure to it.

Any OE style chamber. Even the chamber used in the W-5 head is very sensitive to cutting the decks. In a perfect world, you would have a nice, clean .125 wide top cut all round the valve. As you start removing the material you start encroaching on the top cut. The closed chamber W-5 hated that and it's a ***** to correct once you do it. As your intake valve gets bigger, the effect is more noticeable.

That's why I don't like milling the open chamber head down to remove the open side. I've found once you get the quench pad below .060 deep (which is about .040 off depending on the castings) you start getting issues.

I was working with a guy who just thought getting rid of that side of the chamber was all that. So I went home an pd brought back two matching heads. One with the chamber milled the other not.

We didn't even measure flow. We just watched the manometer and listened to the flow. A deaf, dumb and blind kid could hear the difference.

After that, he gave up on that and found other ways to irritate me to no end.

And on Edelbrocks RPM 340 head the decksurface is already up there as if the damn head was already cut .060 so whats your point?
Not impressed this time either.

And on Edelbrocks RPM 340 head the decksurface is already up there as if the damn head was already cut .060 so whats your point?
Not impressed this time either.

I'm not here to impress you. Do what you want. Your lack of knowledge and understanding isn't my problem. I just pointed out what I know to be. You are just running your keyboard.

I'm not here to impress you. Do what you want. Your lack of knowledge and understanding isn't my problem. I just pointed out what I know to be. You are just running your keyboard.

Whatever dude,there has been alot of know it alls on this board over the years running their keyboards, telling everyone how great they are, few of them have stayed.

Whatever dude,there has been alot of know it alls on this board over the years running their keyboards, telling everyone how great they are, few of them have stayed.

Instead of running your keyboard, tell us how good you are. I never said I was great, but I can get rings to seal and have done enough porting and testing to stand by what I post. So piss off or add something to the conversation.

Instead of running your keyboard, tell us how good you are. I never said I was great, but I can get rings to seal and have done enough porting and testing to stand by what I post. So piss off or add something to the conversation.

Didnt you claim to be to good for Enginemasters?

Didnt you claim to be to good for Enginemasters?

Nope. I see your reading level is not too good. I said we turned it down. Three times. We were too busy to do a bunch work to stand around and masturbate over a magazine article.

In fact, the last time I had all the hard parts lined up. Had several of the companies I dealt with daily steeping up to help with parts for free. In the end, I wasn't willing to do the work. I don't need it. I was already working more hours than I wanted.

Another thread turning into a pissing match of who can get their rings to seat..LOL....Be more entertaining if you guys were talking about **** rings instead...

I watched some of last years' SEGA videos... I am not a drag racer (beyond youthful street drag racing), but I really enjoyed those videos. That stuff was going on when I was growing up and I got a tad of exposure to it.
Good group of guys cars are cool looking basically something different versus your typical stuff found at the track .

Another thread turning into a pissing match of who can get their rings to seat..LOL....Be more entertaining if you guys were talking about **** rings instead...
If someone cant get rings to seat maybe they need to take up Golfing ?

FB_IMG_1526676375131.jpg

Nope. I see your reading level is not too good. I said we turned it down. Three times. We were too busy to do a bunch work to stand around and masturbate over a magazine article.

In fact, the last time I had all the hard parts lined up. Had several of the companies I dealt with daily steeping up to help with parts for free. In the end, I wasn't willing to do the work. I don't need it. I was already working more hours than I wanted.

Ok good enough at typing about geting a bunch of free parts and still not capabel of figuring out a RPM340 heads architecture? Lets see if i can help you with understanding,worst case scenario i may dig up some old pic of them and draw some arrows on it.

The part of the decksurface of that head that is closest to the port,valve and valveseat is not going to get any closer to the mentioned architecture by cutting the head .060 to turn it into a somewhat closed chamber,you may or may not know something about other heads but that head is what it is.

Ok good enough at typing about geting a bunch of free parts and still not capabel of figuring out a RPM340 heads architecture? Lets see if i can help you with understanding,worst case scenario i may dig up some old pic of them and draw some arrows on it.

The part of the decksurface of that head that is closest to the port,valve and valveseat is not going to get any closer to the mentioned architecture by cutting the head .060 to turn it into a somewhat closed chamber,you may or may not know something about other heads but that head is what it is.

Keep trying to understand something you are not capable of not understanding.

Keep trying to understand something you are not capable of not understanding.

Some people has an intrest in learning things,others are just stuck with their old "truth" they believe they learnt on something else.

Some people has an intrest in learning things,others are just stuck with their old "truth" they believe they learnt on something else.

WTF??? Do i need to go get a head and show you? You should be able to look at it and see what I'm talking about. It isn't hard. Do you have access to a flow bench? Do you flow your ports backwards? Flow at 40-50-60 inches? Flow at 10-15-20 inches? Do you actually test?

I'm telling you what I know, not what I guess. I never said don't mill a head. I've said don't deck the piss out of them and damn sure don't take the open flat out. Look at a W-5 chamber. That's a piece of **** and it's easy to jack it up.

I don't like to get the head below .060 on the quench pad. Maybe .050 if you don't run a 2.08 valve. As the valve gets bigger it makes it worse.

If I keep going I'm going to send you a bill.

WTF??? Do i need to go get a head and show you? You should be able to look at it and see what I'm talking about. It isn't hard. Do you have access to a flow bench? Do you flow your ports backwards? Flow at 40-50-60 inches? Flow at 10-15-20 inches? Do you actually test?

I'm telling you what I know, not what I guess. I never said don't mill a head. I've said don't deck the piss out of them and damn sure don't take the open flat out. Look at a W-5 chamber. That's a piece of **** and it's easy to jack it up.

I don't like to get the head below .060 on the quench pad. Maybe .050 if you don't run a 2.08 valve. As the valve gets bigger it makes it worse.

If I keep going I'm going to send you a bill.

Take a look at the head im talking about and get back to me. The quench pad is not going to move from cutting out the recess down to the quenchpad. Dont worry im not going to charge you for this and i have plenty of patience.

Take a look at the head im talking about and get back to me. The quench pad is not going to move from cutting out the recess down to the quenchpad. Dont worry im not going to charge you for this and i have plenty of patience.

What head. We are talking about a regular old, plain Jane combustion chamber Chrysler used for years, even on the W-2.

I'm out of patience. You are either ignorant or talking about something other than what the OP started this thread about. Now I need to go back and look at what the OP said.

What head. We are talking about a regular old, plain Jane combustion chamber Chrysler used for years, even on the W-2.

I'm out of patience. You are either ignorant or talking about something other than what the OP started this thread about. Now I need to go back and look at what the OP said.

Still talking about a Edelbrock RPM 340 head. This is not rocketscience if you have ever taken a good look at a set of those,on a pair of ancient stock openchambers its a whole other deal.

Still talking about a Edelbrock RPM 340 head. This is not rocketscience if you have ever taken a good look at a set of those,on a pair of ancient stock openchambers its a whole other deal.

I just looked at that chamber on a head that's for sale here on FABO. They are dirty and I don't know what valve job they are cut for. If you use a 2.02 valve you can cut the head down some. If you use a 2.08 valve you'll be crowding the top cut, if not getting into it.

I just looked at that chamber on a head that's for sale here on FABO. They are dirty and I don't know what valve job they are cut for. If you use a 2.02 valve you can cut the head down some. If you use a 2.08 valve you'll be crowding the top cut, if not getting into it.

See that wont change regardless if you cut the head or not,aslong as you dont cut further than said quenchpad cuttig more than that and things may change and thats just what i have been talking about the whole time,those Edelbrock340 heads are a special kind of head.

See that wont change regardless if you cut the head or not,aslong as you dont cut further than said quenchpad cuttig more than that and things may change and thats just what i have been talking about the whole time,those Edelbrock340 heads are a special kind of head.

Are you saying that head is cut for a 2.08 valve? Or a 2.02. It's hard to see from the pictures and I haven't had that head in my hand in years. I can't see what the top cut looks like in those pictures either.

Are you saying that head is cut for a 2.08 valve? Or a 2.02. It's hard to see from the pictures and I haven't had that head in my hand in years. I can't see what the top cut looks like in those pictures either.

Talking about how much you can cut the actual head for compression not the valvesize.
Have a set of those heads sitting on an assembled 340 that i will take apart again at some point.

Talking about how much you can cut the actual head for compression not the valvesize.
Have a set of those heads sitting on an assembled 340 that i will take apart again at some point.

Right. As you move the seat out, the top cut goes out with it. I don't like having a top cut. Some guys don't.

-
Back