340 oil sending unit question

-

340wedge

Reaction score
Does the wire that goes to the oil sending unit on 340 cars with Rallye Dash have this plastic clip on it, or just the metal clip alone..Thank you.

Plug.jpg

All I can offer is if I had that proper insulator I would install it. I don't know if it was the heat, or distributor wrenches, or just what happened to those insulators. They aren't often seen. There was a special female terminal for that little round button of a male too. Common female spade terminal might work. I haven't tried that.

Never seen an insulator on one and I'm not sure that's the correct terminal.

Alan

My cuda had that exact end on it (sender for gauge)

Mine has that exact plastic end on it. Its slides on at a 90* angle on the bell shaped oil pressure sender units.

All the ones I have seen were bare. That area gets all the engine heat so its possible they got brittle and crumbled early in life.

I've seen some with insulators, don't remember what year/ model. I'd say if you can get one / get it on there use it

If they could omit this insulator to save a penny per unit... they might, but they do know what happens if/when this raw terminal touches a chassis ground point. For some, simply a oil lamp always on. For others a oil gauge pegged at zero resistance which would kill the gauge eventually.

-
Back