340 Power on the track

-
Very nice and you should be proud!

This is my daughter driving her 1965 Signet, 340 10.6 comp KB pistons, Edelbrock heads,M1 intake. 10.70 at 123.95, and we are not done, there is more there to be had. really happy for her. She loves driving the car, went from 12s to 10s with the same block, crank, pistons, heads, intake etc...

This car is the perfect example of what over been preaching for years. It’s all about the combo. To run 10’s now it doesn’t take a huge cam, tunnel rams, or trick parts. A proven set of aftermarket heads, a little compression, some rear gear, not a light weight car but not a pig either, a .520-.575 lift cam with some duration, a nice tuned double pump carb, and some converter stall. It’s not that hard. Great job.

Amazing application of power and talent. Would love to hear how you went from 12's to 10's.....
We added more gear, more convertor, i did a basic gasket match on the ports, work on the exhaust more than the intake, 2.055 intake valve. the intake manifold was tuned up, cam is a Bullet .560 lift not real big. same KB pistons from 2009 with good Total Seal rings. Worked on the getting the combo right more than anything, if you just throw parts at it, does not always come out well.

You know ive always been a dart,duster,demon guy...(Fastbacks)and I've never been into the early A bodies but those sexy lines and that cars stance and performance makes me want to get into the early A's and I'm thinking immediately......that's crazy 2 seconds shaved off the ET.....boost it and I see 9's. ...good for her and you also....best wishes!!!! I love a 340...(my fav)

You know ive always been a dart,duster,demon guy...(Fastbacks)and I've never been into the early A bodies but those sexy lines and that cars stance and performance makes me want to get into the early A's and I'm thinking immediately......that's crazy 2 seconds shaved off the ET.....boost it and I see 9's. ...good for her and you also....best wishes!!!! I love a 340...(my fav)
If they really wanted to they could probably run 9’s down the road without BOOST. Lol

That's one of the last things I was trying to get across

We added more gear, more convertor, i did a basic gasket match on the ports, work on the exhaust more than the intake, 2.055 intake valve. the intake manifold was tuned up, cam is a Bullet .560 lift not real big. same KB pistons from 2009 with good Total Seal rings. Worked on the getting the combo right more than anything, if you just throw parts at it, does not always come out well.
Yes, it's the symbiotic relationship of the parts, as someone in California might say. Lol... Well done !!

-
Back