360 Magnum Build w/ V Belt Configuration Question

-
Just be careful of your timing and know your going to use 93 octane. Your not going to be able to run a lot of advance at your compression ratio and that tiny cam.
My build on the wife’s car is the same as yours with a Hyd roller cam @224@050. It’s an LA cam. The lift goes to .570-something with the 1.6 rockers

You may have to feed that some race fuel.

Once ironed out, that’ll be one snappy engine.

With the aluminum heads and our elevation, I doubt we'll hit 11:1. I really didn't want that much but got talked into it. We had 11:1 in my wife's '73 Cuda and ran 91 octane. That 360 ran pretty hard.

Looking back on it, ya we probably should have ran a bigger cam. We worked with Comp Cams and they custom built what they thought would work as really good street engine with that setup. They took that fuel injection into consideration as well. Ended up roller cam with 224@050, .536 intake .544 exhaust. Bigger than the one in my 440 + 6 Roadrunner. Hmm, wonder how much extra lift the 1.6 rockers give? I'll have to see if there's a calculator out there.

*Edit: If I'm researching correctly, 1.6 rockers will give ~.030 of additional lift. If that math is correct, the cam may be just fine.

Last edited:
.536 divided by 1.5 = .357 lobe lift
.357 X’s 1.6 = .571 lift

This is a comp cams Hyd roller for an LA. This is also what is in my wife’s car. IIRC

703C8BC2-A01A-4FD5-A09E-58C68D23CDBD.jpeg

-
Back