360 questions

-

bob shaner

Reaction score
Just picked up a 360 motor for $ 150.00 (date code 7/12/83, casting #4179930)today pulled a head off to check for oversized pistons and found 818 stamped in the top of the pistons Is that oversized? or stock? Also found 1635830 f/m G hencho en mexico stamped on the rod bearings, stock size? far as I got for now, thax for any info

Dude, don't tell me you picked up the one in Bonita. If they are oversized, there should be .030 (or whatever the over bore is) stamped on it.

If it was me I would probably check the bore with a micrometer if the head is off instead of trying to figure it out off of a part number.

If it's a KB-818, it's a dome piston for chevy 327, 4.000 bore standard. If it doesn't have .030, .040, .060 stamped on it then it should be just a standard 4" bore chevy piston.

Prob the last 3 digits of the manufacturer's (not mopar, but TRW or Federal Mogul, etc) part number. On the rod bearings there is typicall a date stamp from Federal Mogul. Is that date the same year as the engine casting or model year?

Yeh thats the one in Bonita on Craigslist. Were you coming down Tuesday to see it? He said someone else was interested. As it turned out he used to live a couple of blocks from me. I've always seen those parts clearly marked myself with .010 etc. But not on this engine

Yeh thats the one in Bonita on Craigslist. Were you coming down Tuesday to see it? He said someone else was interested. As it turned out he used to live a couple of blocks from me. I've always seen those parts clearly marked myself with .010 etc. But not on this engine
Yeah, that was me. I called in the morning, but had a Dr appointment. Called again immediately after the appt and he said someone just picked it up. Let me know if you see another one priced like that. Right now there's some guy trying to sell one for $500 that looks like it was dipped in crude oil, then buried in a mudpuddle. I told him there was no way I was going to pay that much for it.

360 Wars?There,s lots out there,and can be had at low cost,I picked up a re-built 360,.030 over pistons,crank .010 over and a new 284H,480 lift cam,with a rebuilt 904 tranny for $800 Can. Times are tough,and deals are out there!

Pics.

re and re of 66 Dart 008.jpg

Just picked up a set of '308' heads off of an '89 B250 custom van in the Pull-A-Part for $70.08 out the door. The van had 108K on the odo, dude hit the fiberglass top against something and shaved it off pretty good. The rest of the 360 motor would have cost another $125 +tax and is a roller cam; just keep your eyes peeled 'cause they are hitting the yards a lot these days.

I see plenty of 360's everywhere BUT So Cal. All over Arkansas, New York, New Jersey, S.E.PA, etc...all at good prices, but around here, you don't see many for sale, and when you do, it seems the seller thinks the pistons are solid gold or something.

Will my timing cover and water pump from my 318 fit the 360 I dont want to change my radiator if I dont have to

-
Back