383 true or false

-
The mark of a good story is that it improves with each telling.

Keep tellin' 'em guys. Keep the legend alive.

my barracuda beats turbo Hayabusa's all the time. It was amazing when I jumped the creek and blew the dixie horn half way over. Cops never got me. The car gets so much air time the FAA is going to regulate it.

my barracuda beats turbo Hayabusa's all the time. It was amazing when I jumped the creek and blew the dixie horn half way over. Cops never got me. The car gets so much air time the FAA is going to regulate it.

Here's where we need the smilies from FBBO...the one of the guy laying on the ground laughing his *** off, beating his hands on the floor in hysterics....

you mean this one?

sHa_rofl[1].gif

I don`t know why some people tell lies like that just to make conversation. Although telling stories may be entertaining (and I really enjoyed this one) what happens when something occurs that`s actually true. It must have been extremely difficult to keep a straight face while listening to that yarn.

I have not one but 2 383tta motors! One is a "SUPER" tta it has the super rare "Max, Hemi, Wedge heads. They are the only 2 on earth, so I'll take all bids. Oh yea, they both came stock with "Full race" cams, none of this 3/4 stuff!

If I could have gotten a word in I would have told him about my first car!

A 1961 furd falcoon it had the big bad 170 BFD six in it but that wasn't good enough for me! I pulled the cam out of a 390 sawed off two lobs and stuck it in the 170. It had so much lift that I had to put washers under the heads so the pistons wouldn't hit the spark plugs.

Blew many a shelby pootangs off the road with that one.
Had tall gears in it, I think they where 8 inchers. Tranny had a browny hooked to it. Ever tried to power shift 10 gears? Man your arm get tired I'm hear to tell ya! Ronnie Sox had nothing on me!!!!!!!!

AH those where the days my friend I thought they'd never end!

:sign5: This is some funny stuff. Just the other day I got away from 12 cops as soon as I kicked the car into High compression!!! HEHE

Let me show you how this works….

I was out on I5 this one time in my 340 Cuda. I wanted to see how fast it could go, the road was clear so I took it up to its 8,000 RMP red line and held it there

And just kept going…. I must have been doing over 200 mph because my 150 mph speedo pegged.

I past a cop but he was so far gone with me going so fast that I never saw him again…

I was really shocked at how well my old E70-14 tires did given that I did about 30 miles at well over 200 miles an hour. Those bias plies are great….You should get some.

Well…. I had to pee so pulled into a rest stop…..

When I came out this hot as hell 19 year old was leaning against my car.

She said that it made her so hot seeing me going that fast in an old muscle car that she had her boyfriend drop her off here and told him that I was going to be her new man.

Anyway…. I say "Cool Beans" babe…… Then we got in the car and drove off. It couldn't have been more that 2 miles before she started taking her panties and top off, next we……..
I know it's top secret, and i won't tell anyone the rest of the story of why the F.B.I. came to your place next morning and confiscated the secret experimental carb you had on your car that got out of the factory somehow and enabled you to do your deed with so much power and also 89 miles per gallon, the men in black only know the real truth behind this. I am talking to you in code so they don't find my hiding place.
Orrrr......
The guy that the original poster (greendart72) was talking to smoked a LOT of dope at the time. That would explain all of this story he told.

Did I tell you that we found my '74 Barracuda in a barn where it was left by a young man you went off to fight NaziJaps in North Vietkorea. Yup, he saved all his paper route money to buy that car, when the Coast Marines Air Force came calling with his draft number. Never came home. His mom said he was either killed or ran away with a hootchie girl (I can't remember which). Anyway she didn't have the heart to just get rid of it, knowing her son would never come back so she parked it in the barn, covered it with a tarp, and just let it set.
Apparently the kid ordered it with a left over 383 Hemi 6 Bbl set-up. Guess the factory had some left over parts and just wanted to get rid of 'em. Had the super rare 7 1/4 Super Trac Pac set up with a 904 transmission. The kid must have saved a lot of money, it had the R/T SE package, with every option imaginable: Meep Meep horns, 15" Magnums, Air Grabber, 383 Hemi billboards, T/A spoilers, 15 way power seats, pistol grip shifter. Even had air bags and ABS. Yup, Plymouth invented everything.
Well, after all these years she just wanted to sell, and my cousin's uncle's girlfriend's sister's boyfriend's brother's former roommate knew Pop and I were into old Plymouths so he gave us his third cousin's nephew's mother's father's grandmother's who goes to church with this old lady's number so we could hook up and go see the car. Course she didn't know how rare it was and just wanted to sell and wanted $1.99 for the car, but Pop and I felt like we were going to steal it that price and it broke our hearts to know her son might have gotten killed fightin' the NaziJaps over there in NorthVietkorea or run off with a hootchie girl (I can't remember which) so we conferred, put all the money we had together, emptied the ashtray on the truck, pulled the lint we had in our pockets and gave $2.49 for it. Yup, we felt good that we were able to give her more than she was askin.'
'Course after sittin' all those years, the muffler bearings were shot and the kanute valves were stuck. But for only having .00000000001 mile on it it was clean. Got some Marvel Mystery oil in the tires, put some air in the cylinders and she fired right up!

C'mon, guys, give him a break. I've had my 383 pushed well past 12 grand at about a 190mph plus in the old Sport Satellite. Didn't even have the ole 4bbls kicked in yet, and knew that she had more to give. Going so fast the nose was so far off the ground you could turn the steering wheel and the car kept goin' straight...yup, those were the days...goin' so fast I sheered the bolts off two of the center caps on the Magnums. Hit the brake, man, those manual drum binders can haul down a 3800# car in hurry from that speed, kicked the wheel hard over at a 160 and power slid across the dirt medium strip so hard that it must have looked like a train wrecked in there, and went back to get 'em. Those center caps hit the pavement so hard they were embedded in the black top! I couldn't get 'em out so my buddy and me, we just left 'em afore the cops showed up and wrote us a ticket for defacing public property.

Yea, Robert, I remember that... and if I'm not mistaken this was the incident that they based the "Cars" movie race scenes on. Remember when they came over with all their cameras and stuff and recreated this scene??? That was awesome. As a matter of fact, they were just waiting for you to finish up that car in your avatar now so they could cast the cop in that movie. Of course they took some liberties and made him into a 49 Merc, but only cop car savvy collectors like you and your pop will notice!!! "I think I'm gonna blow a gasket or something"!!! "I think the King should finish his last race, don't you"?? Yep, those were all your lines!!! Thanks for the memories, it sure brings back the good ol' days!!! Now, back to our show, Geof

Theres a simple answer to this greendart.
The guy who told you this story.
Is on CRACK.

Not the infamous 3/4 cam!!! Actually, there IS such a thing as a 3/4 racing cam, and although it is described in old school terms in a variety of different places, this term has basis in fact. I doubt that anyone using this term actually knows the real technical description of this claim, but real old schooler's know that it is indeed a factual statement, although long before the modern lift/duration specifics of todays modern grinds. If I can find the actual description of this term, I'll post it here. Good reading and quite a lesson for those using the term out of context. Geof

As I recall the 3/4 started with the flathead Ford guys back in the day before you could buy any aftermarket cam they reground a stock cam.

Theres a simple answer to this greendart.
The guy who told you this story.
Is on CRACK.
I coudn,t have said it better.
sheered the bolts off two of the center caps,383 pushed well past 12 grand, and no one has cought this,tranny it was a muncie pro built automatic.Munice is a chevy 4 speed. Mark

Ya, my first car was a 72 Swinger. It had a 318 with edelbrock carb and intake, 904, 7 1/4 rear with 2:76 gears. We were dragging main street one night and a guy in a Ferrari pulled up next to me. He started revving his engine, so I complied. We were sitting pole position. The heat is rising. vrooom vrooooooom he goes. Rummm RUUUMMMMMM I go. The light is still red. We stare eachother down. Lucky for us, two cop cars pull up and see the situation and block off all other lanes of traffic. Then this hot collage chick came to the intersection to flag us. We stair straight ahead. Rumm RUUUUMMMMMM. The car was shaking. She drops the flag. I dropped by clutch and the front wheels must have been seven feet in the air. The car shifts hard, I am about two and a half car lengths in front of the Ferrari. About half way down the 1/4, my front wheels finally touch the ground again. I am about four car lengths ahead now. My speedo is pegged at 120, but I must have been doing 180 or better. When we finally cross the finish line about nine seconds later. I beat him by six car lengths. The cop at the finish line said he clocked me at 190 and was so impressed, he wanted to race me with his cruiser. But thats a story for a different day. Dang I wish I still had that car.

Good times!

:)

Let me show you how this works….

I was out on I5 this one time in my 340 Cuda. I wanted to see how fast it could go, the road was clear so I took it up to its 8,000 RMP red line and held it there

And just kept going…. I must have been doing over 200 mph because my 150 mph speedo pegged.

I past a cop but he was so far gone with me going so fast that I never saw him again…

I was really shocked at how well my old E70-14 tires did given that I did about 30 miles at well over 200 miles an hour. Those bias plies are great….You should get some.

Well…. I had to pee so pulled into a rest stop…..

When I came out this hot as hell 19 year old was leaning against my car.

She said that it made her so hot seeing me going that fast in an old muscle car that she had her boyfriend drop her off here and told him that I was going to be her new man.

Anyway…. I say "Cool Beans" babe…… Then we got in the car and drove off. It couldn't have been more that 2 miles before she started taking her panties and top off, next we……..

Hahahahaha too funny :salute:

I just took the flux capacitor out of the Delorian and straped it to the Barracuda. I went back in time and told the origianl owner to order the car with a Hemi, Dana 60 and a 4 speed because the car would be worth more in 40 years. He did, but never sold it, so now I don't have a Barracuda anymore.

I just took the flux capacitor out of the Delorian and straped it to the Barracuda. I went back in time and told the origianl owner to order the car with a Hemi, Dana 60 and a 4 speed because the car would be worth more in 40 years. He did, but never sold it, so now I don't have a Barracuda anymore.

Little did Doc Brown know that the 383TTA motor was capable of producing the 1.21 jiggawatts necessary for time travel, or he would've invented that motor way back in good old 1955!!! Bolt of lightning, BAHHH, ain't got nothing on the TTA!!!

-
Back