392 Hemi swap

-

Projectfish

Reaction score
Good evening has anyone replaced a small block 340 for the new 392? If so can you fill me in on some of the issues you ran into. I am considering this engine swap for my 69 Barracuda.

Its the same as swapping in a 5.7 or 6.1. Lots of people have done it just look through the forum.

I've started down the road in installing a 6.1 L in my '69 Barracuda convertible. The car is in the body shop now, but I have purchased the 6.1 L as well as the RMS suspension and some other assorted parts. Will be using Passon's new 5 speed OD tranny and FAST fuel injection controller kit.

Attachments

• IMG_7042.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_7501.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 291
I've started down the road in installing a 6.1 L in my '69 Barracuda convertible. The car is in the body shop now, but I have purchased the 6.1 L as well as the RMS suspension and some other assorted parts. Will be using Passon's new 5 speed OD tranny and FAST fuel injection controller kit.
All that money in it, you might as well cut the tunnel and drop in a Viper or New Challenger 6 Speed. The TKO 6060 is a really good tranny.:cheers:

All that money in it, you might as well cut the tunnel and drop in a Viper or New Challenger 6 Speed. The TKO 6060 is a really good tranny.:cheers:

I looked at a lot of options - but ended up wanting to keep the interior in stock appearance. ie use the stock console and stock Hurst shifter.

-
Back