3RD GEN HEMI FOR BRACKET RACING

-
Since you are in Kalifornia...maybe he thought you were coming out...LOL

My next project is doing a 5.7 for a dirt late model.

How far can you safely bore an early 5.7 block?

My next project is doing a 5.7 for a dirt late model.

How far can you safely bore an early 5.7 block?
Sonic test....some can go a decent amount over, but will require custom pistons because most of the aftermarket pistons don't go over very much. Don't bore for power though, the hemi doesn't need the bore size nearly as much as a wedge head.

What I'll try to avoid is a 63# crank like I'm saddled with in my 388. The GM engines that run quick are big bore short stroke deals and that's a big advantage coming off the corners. Most of those cranks are in the 45# range.

Everything in this engine will likely be custom anyway but a $2800 liteweight crank is a big expense... Or I could just sit home.

We did a 5.7 block, 4.050 stroke, 12.75:1 on E85, oem rocker and lifters, Ritter intake, custom IMM cam (only .610 lift) and very mildly ported 6.4 apache heads and made 695HP on our dyno. Easy....
What electronics do you run for these on the dyno?

Kroozer there was a post on Moparts a few years back from a guy in Ohio that built one for a dirt modified. Had some oiling issues to overcome, but they finally got it to live iirc. Wish I could remember the names.

Dustin Wards combo (triple threat) is a solid piece. That boy doesn’t mess around. He races!! .....ALOT!

-
Back