4.00" cranks and windage trays...??

-
this pic don't show much, though if your eye's burnt out yet from old age or welding without a mask you can see the ground vents.

and yeah it's around an inch from the counter weight.

Photo 105.jpg

attachment.php

Can someone tell me what balancer that is??? I dont recall seeing one before.

Yeah, Yeah , Yeah and my Dad can beat up your Dad.............blah blah blah

I would like to think that he does since building engines ARE his thing..........you on the other hand are a different story!

A lot of people have this problem with the windage tray................

Well then by all means send them over to my guy he'll show them/you how its done...hmmm..but he's full of **** according to you,he'll get a GOOD laugh out of that one just as i did :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Stroked340,

Well there are 10 guys here who have had problems and 1 which is you that hasn't, so you say or your builder says..........

Just leave it at that and get on down the road with it. It is what it is!

Stroked, Mad, stick to the thread topic please. Not slinging mud.

I just got my Kevko Sportsman and fits 4 inch cranks. Comes with windage tray. I will try to post photos a little later-Really nice looking pan and not deep like the Moroso. It holds 8 quarts.

centre sump by the way. Also going for a Romac or Pro-Race (?) balancer. Good old Aussie know how

That pan is for race cars with rack and pinion or engines set way back... I think you got the wrong pan... Need p/n M302 (360...)

I run the Kevko M301 6 quart pan. No windage tray needed and does not hang low.

UnderCar.jpg

centre sump by the way. Also going for a Romac or Pro-Race (?) balancer. Good old Aussie know how

The Romac should do you fine if you can find one. I don't think them make them anymore but I recently found one on E-bay for my new engine. Fit perfectly, unlike the PRW.

Im using rack and pinion. You can still get Romacs from Australia and there are a few on ebay, otherwise pro-race is just as good apparently. I had a Romac on my Hemi 265, very solid and nice balancer.

I stupidly bought the pickup for that 301 pan instead of the correct one. I really like their quality. The windage tray on mine can be taken off as well

Well, good thing that I found this thread.

I'm sure that I read one recently where a member just fried his tray all over his crank. So it got me to thinking, I'd better have a good look at it.

Sure enough, it doesn't fit!

Seems to clear most rod ends except the rear most one. And I even had to grind down the pick-up tube, as it wasn't giving me enough clearance either.

Eagle crank and H-beam rods, Moroso pan and pick-up.

IMG_1924.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1940.JPG

My stroker uses cast Mopar crank, Eagle I beam rods, Milodon windage tray and Charlies pan. The tray needed massaging to fit.

-
Back