4-bar / back half the HemiDenny / HDK way

-

HemiDenny

HDK Suspension
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
doing a 4-bar for my buddy Rick at XOmod.

20230615_162612.jpg

20230621_144626.jpg

20230627_095614.jpg

got a new grinder /cut off. It won the first battle.

View attachment 1716108103
Preaching to the choir here as I know you already know. Cut off wheel slashes always and I mean always get infected I don’t care how well you take care of it! Ask me how i know! Keep it clean and keep it protected and medicated. All you can do is keep the infection minimal. I think the abrasive nature just impregnates the soft tissue with the debris from wheel and material. Hope you are well good Sir!

Preaching to the choir here as I know you already know. Cut off wheel slashes always and I mean always get infected I don’t care how well you take care of it! Ask me how i know! Keep it clean and keep it protected and medicated. All you can do is keep the infection minimal. I think the abrasive nature just impregnates the soft tissue with the debris from wheel and material. Hope you are well good Sir!

Thanks, I'm on it and keep it lubed up with anti bacterial cream. Looks a lot worse than it is.

Very cool project and looks like great work as usual! Rick seems to be a great guy i met him at Good Guys in Columbus last year. Is this a car for him or a customer? I'd love to hear more on this. Thanks.

Very cool project and looks like great work as usual! Rick seems to be a great guy i met him at Good Guys in Columbus last year. Is this a car for him or a customer? I'd love to hear more on this. Thanks.

It is Ricks personal car. I met him at Moparty last year and became fast friends. He told me about what he was planning with this Dart, installing a 6.4 Gen III Hemi....low and mean but street-able. I offered him a glimpse of a few builds I had been involved in and now here sits the Dart along with Ricks pile of Wilwood brake component boxes.

My plan is to do a maxi-mini-tubb (plus 3/4" per side) , add the latest version of the 4-bar package similar to my silver Duster, but naturally I have picked up a couple of mods for Ricks application to allow for behind the axle coil-overs / panard bar and full exhaust without moving the axle centerline forward. A Strange 9" /w 3:25 gear is Ricks choice for differential. Works out well since I am a Strange dealer. Up front HDK will supply the standard HDK power rack and pinion / coil over install / anti sway bar / Gen III engine mounts package along with a semi-removable / bolt in enlarged tunnel for the OEM 8HP80 transmission with the Holley transmission crossmember mount.

The Dart inner structure was very cancer free except for rear shock /trunk area which is now removed. The porous right side inner trunk extension will get replaced during the make-over.

After that....Rick will pick it up for his magic touch.

Last edited:
I trust your injuries are healing up well. This is lookin good. Following along.

Hope your cut heals up OK. The top pics - what is that gas tank from?

Summit returns rack......it is a generic E-body piece I use for mock-up so the actual high dollar tank does not get beat up....or receive errant grinder marks.

Wow thats a great project thanks for the rest of the information. Ill be at good Guys this week end hope to see Rick there, any chance you'll be down?

might be...I'm less than 100 miles away and would love to stretch the legs on my silver Duster. I usually just go to the Mariott / host hotel till about 9pm....then cruise back home. If the weather is nice it is a great trip.

dsc_0124c.jpg

-
Back