4 barrel linkage

-

Romulo Roderiques

Reaction score
Can anyone show me where the throttle and kickdown cables goes in this Holley 4160 set up?Thank you.

20210221_160637.jpg

You just have to get the proper rod with the slot for the 727...
I found some kits on eBay that have both the throttle bracket and kixkdown rod. But pricey. Anywhere from $160- $250. Anyone know where I can find just the rod for less than an arm and a leg?

I found some kits on eBay that have both the throttle bracket and kixkdown rod. But pricey. Anywhere from $160- $250. Anyone know where I can find just the rod for less than an arm and a leg?

Post a wanted ad here: Cars and Mopar Parts Wanted

My guess is you can find everything you need. Be sure and look at the rules for posting in that section.

Good video. I didn't go from a slant 6. I don't have that rear bracket that the throttle bracket bolts on. So the throttle bracket is just hanging there. Plus isn't the kickdown rod too short now?
slant six has nothing to do with it except I had a longer throttle cable. Same set up on my other Duster it was a 318. Kickdown works perfect. Again, just a smidge creative and understanding how it all works and it's simple. I used a short bolt/nut as shown in the video to eat up the extra slack in the kickdown slot. Again, prettier can be used, I just simplified it. But, easy enough to spend 200 and get the right stuff or a lokar kickdown cable. Fact is, it will all need to be adjusted regardless, you won't bolt it on and have it already set, even if you buy the factory 4bbl stuff. So I've always just adjusted the 2bbl stuff and never an issue. You'll get a cleaner look with the factory 4bbl stuff and it's the way to go if you want to spend the bucks.

slant six has nothing to do with it except I had a longer throttle cable. Same set up on my other Duster it was a 318. Kickdown works perfect. Again, just a smidge creative and understanding how it all works and it's simple. I used a short bolt/nut as shown in the video to eat up the extra slack in the kickdown slot. Again, prettier can be used, I just simplified it. But, easy enough to spend 200 and get the right stuff or a lokar kickdown cable. Fact is, it will all need to be adjusted regardless, you won't bolt it on and have it already set, even if you buy the factory 4bbl stuff. So I've always just adjusted the 2bbl stuff and never an issue. You'll get a cleaner look with the factory 4bbl stuff and it's the way to go if you want to spend the bucks.

Where did you get your longer throttle cable? Mine will be too short

Does it matter what intake I'm using? I've got a 65 273 but using 318 Edelbrock Performer. Setting up a 340 throttle bracket.
I can't say for sure with a combination. If you can't get the stock 2 barrel cable to work, try to measure your cable and get a little longer one if it's available.

What intake are you using? 318?
On which vehicle? I'm using the stock 2bbl cable on one with the Eddy RPM, on another with the stock 318 2bbl cable with Speedmaster air gap, on another I'm using the stock slant six cable with a dual quad set up, on another I'm using the stock 360 2bbl cable on a factory cast 4 bbl TQ intake, on another I'm using the factory '89 throttle body FI cable on a air gap/holley, and in the past I've used the stock cables on Action Plus's, Street Dominator, factory cast intakes, performers, you get the point.

On which vehicle? I'm using the stock 2bbl cable on one with the Eddy RPM, on another with the stock 318 2bbl with Speedmaster air gap, on another I'm using the stock slant six cable with a dual quad set up, on another I'm using the stock 360 2bbl cable on a factory cast 4 bbl TQ intake, on another I'm using the factory '89 throttle body FI cable on a air gap/holley, and in the past I've used the stock cables on Action Plus's, Street Dominator, factory cast intakes, performers, you get the point.

Ha ha got it.

Threaded stock, a barrel nut and 2 reg nuts from tractor supply or ace hardware

-
Back