400 budget compression HELP +++++

-
So why did he start a new thread?

That head is what I started to look at for my '78/400 engine with Pistons so far down that they cause an echo!

So why did he start a new thread?

That head is what I started to look at for my '78/400 engine with Pistons so far down that they cause an echo!
Correct I have spent countless hours looking at this the only solution I could find was either a stroker or the KB240 pistons got to get the piston closer to the deck or you have absolutely no quench

This thread has been a great read with lots of awesome information. With that said, you are essentially a crankshaft away from your stroker. You're buying rods,pistons and heads and having machine work done. I say buy the stroker crank, make the compression what you want and have fun. Plenty of shelf stock 451-470" pistons so price wise you'll be set. I guarantee you won't be sorry you built a stroker, I'm afraid you may be sorry if you don't. Good luck with your build and keep us posted!!

Well after many hours of research found out today my block has a crack at one of the main bolts
so for now I'll get it back and do a complete mockup finishing all items I can then decide my next step

Thanks for all your suggestions

Why not get the kb quench dome Pistons? They have a step dome, they'll give quench with the open chamber heads and will give a good compression increase, the stealth heads chambers aren't much smaller than stock heads, at 84cc so the compression gain wouldn't be much at all... Instead maybe a set of speed master, pro comp, or one of the victor copies that are in the same price category as the stealth but have 72-75cc chambers and have around a 2.19-2.20 valve vs the 2.14 and the victor style ports are a better design as well... Just throwing that out there.

Sorry I didn't read everything above, yeah by time you're buying Pistons, Ross, and everything just go ahead and get a stroker crank done deal

Well after many hours of research found out today my block has a crack at one of the main bolts
so for now I'll get it back and do a complete mockup finishing all items I can then decide my next step

Thanks for all your suggestions

Call Tri-State Cylinder Heads in Evansville, IN and get a repair estimate. 812-421-0095 or 800-270-0095. S/F....Ken M

Why not get the kb quench dome Pistons? They have a step dome, they'll give quench with the open chamber heads and will give a good compression increase, the stealth heads chambers aren't much smaller than stock heads, at 84cc so the compression gain wouldn't be much at all... Instead maybe a set of speed master, pro comp, or one of the victor copies that are in the same price category as the stealth but have 72-75cc chambers and have around a 2.19-2.20 valve vs the 2.14 and the victor style ports are a better design as well... Just throwing that out there.
Available for a 400 ???

-
Back