408 Stroker Short Block Details: Blueprint Engines

-
All of my launches were loading the converter, at around 2500rpm or so, for some reason I didn't try launching from idle, and there was a strong headwind the whole evening. Pushing a barn door into it had to knock a few mph's off. Certainly something in the 7.9's and close to 90mph in the 1/8 would not be expecting too much?:D

Maybe add a Superbird nose?

(just kidding)
I could probably find some old articles or pictures from the van crazy era of the 70's to get some aerodynamic ideas!!! NOT!! Haha!!

fd608dfbf4d72619651c35d96ac4e074.jpg

2018-03-17-11-06-37-950829303.jpeg

No better time to hit the track again than on a Good Friday. And it's been pretty good for me. Different 1/8 mile track, out in the woods and they're having time slip issues and some other bugs, but directly from the printed sheets from the tower to handwritten slips , my second run of 7.92@ 86.36 and 60' etc are all bests. Wired up a AEM wideband a few days ago, got it close. And worked on pinion angle and snubber. Getting there, where? no idea!

IMG_20180330_203419.jpg

nice.. I guess these blueprint short blocks aren't too bad..I wish I had an abundance of drag strips near me.

There are three 1/8 mile tracks all 45 minutes from me either way I go......one north, one west and one south!:steering:
nice.. I guess these blueprint short blocks aren't too bad..I wish I had an abundance of drag strips near me.

Last edited:
I got three 1/8 mile tracks all 45 minutes from me either way I go......one north, one west and one south!:steering:
I have... one 1/4 track about an hour away, that is only open one weekend a month and another 1/4 track about 2 1/2 hrs away. The only other drag strip in my state is 450miles away.

I have... one 1/4 track about an hour away, that is only open one weekend a month and another 1/4 track about 2 1/2 hrs away. The only other drag strip in my state is 450miles away.

Hey man, isn't Sacramento still open? We also have Sears Point (I refuse to call it Sonoma raceway or infineon or whatever other corporate name is may have this month but this is another matter entirely).

About 4 hours from reno.

All of my launches were loading the converter, at around 2500rpm or so, for some reason I didn't try launching from idle, and there was a strong headwind the whole evening. Pushing a barn door into it had to knock a few mph's off. Certainly something in the 7.9's and close to 90mph in the 1/8 would not be expecting too much?:D
Have you tried flashing it ?

Have you tried flashing it ?
The 7.92 run I ran I think I brought the rpm's up to about 1100 or so then mashed it. The next run I brought it up to about 2000 then went, ran a 7.93@86 and a 1.75 60'. I have to go out on a back road and really practice, pay attention more to what I'm doing. I'm green big time, gotta learn to focus more.

Where you at Fallon?.....They are suppose to be posting alot of pictures on Facebook in the next few days....

Could one of those be Ware Shoals?
That's a good hour and a half from me, been by there many times, I know they run friday nights and have good turnout. Last night was at Union County Dragway, the track prep was impressive, the grip was excellent, (they are under funded and under staffed but great people and I hope things improve for them) The others are Greer Dragway and Shadyside.

Where you at Fallon?.....They are suppose to be posting alot of pictures on Facebook in the next few days....
Was at Union County Dragway South Carolina. Not familiar with Fallon

The op isn't in Nevada.. that would be me. Didn't mean to hijack lol. I did not make it to Fallon today, but I did get some drag radials for when I do make it.

I thought he was in Reno......lol....if he is in South Carolina...probably not...

That's a good hour and a half from me, been by there many times, I know they run friday nights and have good turnout. Last night was at Union County Dragway, the track prep was impressive, the grip was excellent, (they are under funded and under staffed but great people and I hope things improve for them) The others are Greer Dragway and Shadyside.

Been to Greer one time... I need to get out more instead being a hermit in my shop...lol

I'm still waiting on more facebook material!!!!

-
Back