408 Stroker Short Block Details: Blueprint Engines

-
What’s that intake manifold?

Cam should sound pretty rowdy.
M1 single, I believe the last LA version offered with the relocated neck/bypass. Cam is in at 102 (101.5 to be exact)

I mostly work on BB stuff......... I’ve never seen that intake before.

“Looks” good at least.

Was that on the old combo?

I mostly work on BB stuff......... I’ve never seen that intake before.

“Looks” good at least.

Was that on the old combo?
No, been sitting on it for some time, was running an Air Gap previously.

Cam card says 104. Did you want a skosh more bottom end??
That's what I'm thinking. When I talked to them they suggested this one and another bigger option. Thought both were on the big side, but liked what they had to say about running either. A little possible dollop down low in exchange for a smidge off the top, I have a hard time following instructions:realcrazy:

It looks like that manifold is a P4876334?
Does it have the 4150/TQ carb pad?

I did some digging...... I guess it’s mainly the different water crossover that makes it look so different from the earlier one......

AC24616B-8A9E-4D09-A3CA-2AE7B802168C.png

A27E5517-6986-4B63-AF17-6FDDC05BD6BF.png

Last edited:
It looks like that manifold is a P4876334?
Does it have the 4150/TQ carb pad?

I did some digging...... I guess it’s mainly the different water crossover that makes it look so different from the earlier one......

View attachment 1715711041

View attachment 1715711042
As cast it has the spread-bore pad, but I’ve epoxied it to a square pad (after some grinding and pinning prep for one piece of epoxy.
0FCC071D-098B-42AF-BBE2-AE7F008852C5.jpeg

Hughes used to(and still might) offer that mod, but welded.

I tested one they had done against another that didn’t get the mod on a 600+/- hp 440 with stage 6 heads.
It was quite a while ago when that test was done, but I seem to recall it being worth about 5hp on that build.

Hughes used to(and still might) offer that mod, but welded.

I tested one they had done against another that didn’t get the mod on a 600+/- hp 440 with stage 6 heads.
It was quite a while ago when that test was done, but I seem to recall it being worth about 5hp on that build.
Wasn’t it all about fuel distribution quality? Over the spreadbore carb pad. MP didn’t seem to have a big issue with the intakes design. Though, through there testing, the popsicle stick mod was born & printed in there books as a route to take & perform.

Little midweek break out at Darlington Dragway tonight. Three runs and had to split (gotta work tomorrow:() Ran 11.44, 11.45, and 11.46 @ 114ish (7.20, 7.21, and 7.21 @ 94ish in the 1/8) Still some more in it I’m certain with tuning, also ran too much fuel in the tank than the usual 5 gallons or less I like to run and the west coast mirrors were in place which also loses mph. Still running the 3500 stall TA converter and the 1.59-1.61 60’s Got the front wheels up on the last run. Roll bar territory woo-hoo!:eek:
AD10AA68-019B-4D6E-98BC-32231C37DC97.jpeg

Last edited:
Little midweek break out at Darlington Dragway tonight. Three runs and had to split (gotta work tomorrow:() Ran 11.44, 11,45, and 11.46 @ 114ish (7.20, 7.21, and 7.21 @ 94ish in the 1/8) Still some more in it with pain staking tuning still to do, also ran with much more fuel in the tank than the usual 5 gallons or less I stick too and with the west coast mirrors in place which loses some mph. Still f running the 3500 stall TA converter and the 1.59-1.61 60’s Got the front wheels up on the last run. Roll bar territory woo-hoo!:eek:View attachment 1715811659

Cool video! What kind of rear tires are you running?

Just some pics of a few details for anybody contemplating a 408 (this one is actually a 410 as it's .040" over) short block from Blueprint Engines. Finally got the short block on the engine stand ready to be assembled, checking it over closely. Looks really good, was sealed in a bag strapped to an enclosed crate that arrived intact. I'm seeing the bores at the deck and head bolt holes chamfered, underside the bores are notched for the rods, (which appear to have Chrysler part numbers), the edges of the piston skirts are chamfered, brass freeze plugs and threaded plugs installed with sealer, inside of block is very CLEAN, aside from the black paint which I'll be covering in race Hemi orange, it all looks great.

View attachment 1715056137

View attachment 1715056138

View attachment 1715056139

View attachment 1715056140

View attachment 1715056141

View attachment 1715056142

View attachment 1715056143
Race Hemi paint
Perfect ###

This is pretty difficult to watch. Maybe real opinions could be formed after speaking with someone who sells dozens of these a week? or from someone with actual FIRST HAND experience with this company THIS DECADE, opposed to digging up decade old threads and polluting what appears to be a polite attempt of the OP to show the forum a product he spent his hard earned money on, and perhaps share a budget oriented offering with you guys?
Totally agree Johnny.

I am still extremely happy with my purchase of a BluePrint 408 stroker engine c/w Holley Sniper EFI.

I can honestly say for what I got from you guys, it would have cost more than double to try and cobble up the same combination myself over here. BluePrint Engines saved me a bundle of money and oodles of time and headaches. For that I am extremely grateful.

I also received the customer support they promise when I needed it - only because I tried to read the instructions too fast. :rolleyes:

I will give nothing but my highest recommendation if someone has a BluePrint engine in mind for a future purchase. :thumbsup:

Totally agree Johnny.

I am still extremely happy with my purchase of a BluePrint 408 stroker engine c/w Holley Sniper EFI.

I can honestly say for what I got from you guys, it would have cost more than double to try and cobble up the same combination myself over here. BluePrint Engines saved me a bundle of money and oodles of time and headaches. For that I am extremely grateful.

I also received the customer support they promise when I needed it - only because I tried to read the instructions too fast. :rolleyes:

I will give nothing but my highest recommendation if someone has a BluePrint engine in mind for a future purchase. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words! I forgot what a **** show this thread was in the beginning lol. I didn't even work for BluePrint at the time. Time flies!

...In the crate just after collection from the freight depot...

upload_2021-11-1_18-34-58.jpeg

Partially dressed and going in the hole....
upload_2021-11-1_18-36-6.jpeg

Giving the engine a run around the block as part of the first 500 miles ....

....and a couple thousand or so miles later....

:steering:

:thumbsup:

Glad i ran into this thread... i have been trying to find a 360 block (would prefer a roller LA if i can find one..) but it seems going prebuilt costs a bit less.. A year and half later (since the last post) hows it holding up?

-
Back