416 1/4 mile times

-
Hell no. It rained the last 3 Wednesday's on open track night. Just my luck! Track is closed for the year now so I won't know anything tell next yr.

Ok. I made it to the track. Car run a 12.77. @106 I was happy. But... I'm smoking out of the passenger side and #4 plug has oil on it. Before i get new heads. What's wrong? With the valve cover off and engine running. You can hear like a valve not closing all the way like a piston moving up and down And oil steam come out with the (valve cover off of course). Runs fine. Just smokes. I know it's a lot to ask. But I need help. Is it a bad valve or rings? It just sounds funny with the cover off. Thanks

Ok. I made it to the track. Car run a 12.77. @106 I was happy. But... I'm smoking out of the passenger side and #4 plug has oil on it. Before i get new heads. What's wrong? With the valve cover off and engine running. You can hear like a valve not closing all the way like a piston moving up and down And oil steam come out with the (valve cover off of course). Runs fine. Just smokes. I know it's a lot to ask. But I need help. Is it a bad valve or rings? It just sounds funny with the cover off. Thanks

Do a cranking cylinder pressure test and see if that cylinder is lower than the others. If it is put air in that cylinder with the valves shut and you will know what is leaking. If it is the rings air will go into the crankcase and if it is a valve air will come out the exhaust or the intake. Pretty easy to find out.

-
Back