<<<<<430 cube small block mopar build>>>>>

-
best pull of today -

627 hp @6500
560 ft/lbs at 5000

34 deg timing
88/90's in the 1000 hp holley
1 3/4 to 1 7/8 step headers
man that thing is bad!cars going to have to be serious!time to learn to drive all over again lol

We spent today changing the oil, cutting the filter, and running the valves....Looks good and all the rockers didnt need adjustment.

Took readings on cranking PSI on all cylinders - the small cam was 145 - 150 range - the big one is in the 135-140 range - i guess the overlap really take a chunk of cranking compression out.

Ran a leakdown test as well - we were in the 5-6% range on all cylinders, so we have a healthy 430 ready for more testing!

Plugs looked good - timing marks look good...

DSC_2295.jpg

Glad everything checked out well. I am a little surprised at the cranking comp. but you got a 600+ hp engine that'll almost run on pee......lol. When you say "ready for more testing" what are you thinking about? Hopefully in car testing, cause if your thinking of jacking the engine up even more your starting to scare me:D. Congrats on your current success with this engine. Really should be a magazine profile imo.

i drained the break in oil and put in synthetic - thats it as far as turning things up goes

I want to test my small headers vs the big ones, and some different crankcase scenerio's

I'll let you know when the magazine articles start coming out - lol

i drained the break in oil and put in synthetic - thats it as far as turning things up goes

I want to test my small headers vs the big ones, and some different crankcase scenerio's

I'll let you know when the magazine articles start coming out - lol

I'll guess on the headers probably about a 20/20 up down on the hp/tq. As far as the crankcase, are you thinking vac pump/dry sump? I was searching the vacuum pump stuff a few days ago and found a article from Reher & Morrison about not using a vac pump with a wet sump? I'll try to find and post it if that's where your thinking of going.

man that would block the **** out of that 8.25 rear - thats for sure!!

Couple vids from this weekend -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QV8-6FN4ms&feature=colike"]430 Startup & Idle - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvBjuzzGKMU&feature=colike"]430 idle & rev - YouTube[/ame]

Dave,
I spoke to Al senior at Fonse today, and I think we have a winner. I told him my power requirements and RPM range and he will forward me a quote in a few days.
Andrew

I'll guess on the headers probably about a 20/20 up down on the hp/tq. As far as the crankcase, are you thinking vac pump/dry sump? I was searching the vacuum pump stuff a few days ago and found a article from Reher & Morrison about not using a vac pump with a wet sump? I'll try to find and post it if that's where your thinking of going.
hey rick could you post that up anyway,sounds like an educational read.....

Simply the best thread,I have ever read.Outstanding builds,plural. The shops get recognition,people learn the quality of craftsmanship. You learned,and shared,Thank You! I would recommend a sticky on this thread, just because it shows a very detailed experience through a custom build/blueprint job.D.J.V,simply outstanding!:cheers:.

Month 5. Was just posted

It's the final assembly process.

Last one coming up. Dyno testing.

-
Back