<<<<<430 cube small block mopar build>>>>>

-
did you set up your distributar when you did theys pulls .what timing not shooting it down what so ever but i thought it would have mad more torque i figure closer to the 600 ft of torque .but nice engin any ways how big is your cam.?

i tried from 28 degrees to 34 and it liked 30 the best, for this setup.

the cam is a comp solid roller - XR280R

570 lift intake 576 lift exh
dur @ 50 is 242 / 248

OH Ok, I thought you were using the bigger one. Sorry. Thats why the torque was up from what i was thinking.

i was a mess with that damn cam number.. that was my mistake.

So now all the crap work's done and at least most of the article is written - when are you losing the stockish parts and really making some power? :)
1.18hp/inch is boring...lol. (you know I'm just busting you Dave...)

it all comes down to scheduling.

the sbm and the intake from hell holds up the process as I like to get at it and let it sit overnight to seal up.

other guys want their motors dyno'd too now since we are into racing season

thats great bet you cant weight to get it in a car now she get you going in a hurry just got my new tti headers today bought the 1/7/8 ones see how they work uot for me.

i tried from 28 degrees to 34 and it liked 30 the best, for this setup.

the cam is a comp solid roller - XR280R

570 lift intake 576 lift exh
dur @ 50 is 242 / 248

Ill bet the low timing mark was best in this engine because the compression is to high for this cam. You may have been getting into some light detonation. 242 duration and 11 to 1 compression is not a good combo for pump gas.

funny you should mention that - I tried to get ahold of a knock sensor, but no luck.... someone had one but it was discontinued...

mike & rob - what are your cranking pressures?
mike - from the last stroker you had onthe dyno

i think if i remember right 195-200ish but i will find out for sure later i will be doing some work to it later whats yours at right know.

funny you should mention that - I tried to get ahold of a knock sensor, but no luck.... someone had one but it was discontinued...

MSD....

[ame]http://www.msdignition.com/uploadedFiles/MSDIgnitioncom/Products/Tools/8964_instructions.pdf[/ame]

I called them and they said they discontinued it....

Any Guesses?

SDSS Stage 4 ported heads
2.055 intake valves
1.60 exh

and Eddy Victor 340 intake
Port and gasket matched

are the changes up next on the pump

so as a recap - we have swapped to:

SDSS stage 4 heads,
victor 340 intake - port & gasket match
same headers
same roller cam

ran the 750 & 830 cabs again

made 562 hp @6000
made 557 Ft/lbs at 4600

torque was over 500 ft/ lbs from 3600 to 5800 -

not a bad street strip setup - with nice gains from the stock heads and air gap.. I was expecting a little more but the numbers are what they are.

interesting fact : we went from 1.19 hp/cu to 1.29 hp/cu from the swap

Very nice, and the torque stayed up too. I was worried the stage 4 job would hurt, but no. It'll probably drive the same as before but now have more power on top............Nice:D.

Nice. The cam is now the limiting factor.

Stick a Voodoo 60434 in it with 1.6 rockers and I will bet money it will pick up 40-50hp and 20-30tq.

i have another cam lined up - 640 lift - i forget the duration - its somewhere in this thread...lol

-
Back