<<<<<430 cube small block mopar build>>>>>

-
Given the testing he had planned, and assuimng it didn't get bumped again - I'd wager there's a bit of writing to do on the subject(s), or it's still on the pump...lol.

Got several text's and a phone call from DJV today. I will let him fill you in on the specifics but it sounded promising to say the least. Dave, keep up the good work. :rr:

Rod

[ame]http://youtu.be/R-d18S-rnBE?hd=1[/ame]

My guess is 550 hp and a whole lot of tq.

nope

530-550hp and 570-590tq
nope

About 490-500 HP and probably around 550 lb/ft with the 950 HP
nope

If there is nothing done to the heads an are "stock" as you say, Im guessing 485-500HP 520-530TQ.
Big gains with ported heads big carb. I built a 416 a few years ago with that cam/head and SV intake 950 carb, it made 575hp 550tq.
nope

What cylinder pressure do you expect with this combo? I am running the XR286R as well and it runs very strong.

Also, thank you for the fantastic thread!
I had it warm and tested the compression and got 150 psi - I thought it would be higher but will re-check with another gauge to be sure its accurate.

Stock heads? When do the Shay Dell ones go on? With stock RPMs I'm going to say 480/520
nope

any more guesses before i spill it?

lol...

any more?

made over 500 ft-lbs from 3000 ( start of pull ) to 5300

Alright now you're just being an asshole....lol.
They ALL make 500tq from 3K -5300...lol

:)

after building this thing for a year and a half I have every right to get more guesses...lol

ok - time for the recap

get 5 gallons of Sunoco Ultra 93 and headed over to make some pulls
We bolted the engine up the day before so we were ready to make some pulls when we got there.

It fired right off - good sign!

Made the first pull after a warmup, set timing, and check for leaks.
No oil or water leaks were a damn good sign of things when we were warming it up.

1st pull was mild as we were seating the rings, as well as making sure the Holley Ultra HP 750 was jetted close.

With everything good to go the hammer went down - we made the pulls from 3000 to 5600 as it started dropping off after that.

What we wound up with was:
511.7 hp @ 5400
&
566 ft/lbs @ 4200

Flat torque curve does not describe this motor - there was 519 ft/lbs @ 3000 and stayed over 500 ft / lbs until 5400
That's averaging 515 ft/lbs for the entire run!

We changed the carb to an 830 & got within 1 hp of the 750 - seems to me the carb is not limiting the engine at this point.

I was surprised that a stock casting eddy head could pull that much power, I was expecting under 500 for sure.

I'm kinda glad things were uneventful in terms of problems, it was just an easy Sunday afternoon!

DSC_1767.jpg

Thanks for the pics and documentation on this build. Really is a work of art and 500+ lbs.-ft. as long as you want to stay into it is awesome.

I'm sure it would live a long, prosperous life as built, but can't wait till you turn the wick up on that bad boy:D.

-
Back