<<<<<430 cube small block mopar build>>>>>

-
I was damn close, good eal. It can only go up from here. Good job. Its a great feeling when it hits the dyno and all goes well.

Thanks Mike - and hell yeah it was a great feeling - my first engine dyno session for my own motor.

I cant wait to see what else is in store power wise...

When it can breath, it will make some power. 5400rpm for peak hp, its just plain running out of air.

Is there a cam upgrade in the mix? The Comp is "ok", but to small for this engine. Like I mentioned before, I made 575hp w/that cam and a SV, 9.7 to 1 compression.

yes there is a custom grind coming up soon.

Comp Intake Lobe: 4129
Comp Exhaust Lobe: 4132
108 LSA + 4

That is an R/T series roller lobe. Specs:

288/292 @ .020" Duration
258/262 @ .050" Duration
181/185 @ .200" Duration
.426"/.430" Lobe lift
.639"/.645" Advertised Lift with 1.5:1 rockers

Setup 954-16 Spring @ 1.85" IH
235 on the seat @ 1.85", ~540 @ 1.23" @ .620" actual valve lift
Will be .050" From Coil Bind (1.17" CB)

It is a fast ramp cam, but i'm using a 1.5 rocker so it should be fine... looking to take the powerband up to around 6400 or so with this cam , the big heads & the SV

Congradulations - You built a Buick...lol

Which cam was in it for this round Dave?
The numbers show it's wheezing, which is what most kind of expected. The fact the carb did next-to-nothing tells me it was cam/port combo. The RPMs are a great head, but they're just not enough for that one. What was it pulling for vacuum at the torque "peak"?

I think the new lobes are a great choice. Did you consider any of the NC lobes? They're a little softer on the springs if the car's going to seem some street miles. I know how you like to drive your cars.

yes there is a custom grind coming up soon.

Comp Intake Lobe: 4129
Comp Exhaust Lobe: 4132
108 LSA + 4

That is an R/T series roller lobe. Specs:

288/292 @ .020" Duration
258/262 @ .050" Duration
181/185 @ .200" Duration
.426"/.430" Lobe lift
.639"/.645" Advertised Lift with 1.5:1 rockers

Setup 954-16 Spring @ 1.85" IH
235 on the seat @ 1.85", ~540 @ 1.23" @ .620" actual valve lift
Will be .050" From Coil Bind (1.17" CB)

It is a fast ramp cam, but i'm using a 1.5 rocker so it should be fine... looking to take the powerband up to around 6400 or so with this cam , the big heads & the SV

This is the custom cam that is going in next?

NICE! That is a lot of lift! other then the lift, looks similar to what is going into my 410. But yours I believe is a roller?

Are those 1 5/8" hookers/flowtechs on it?

The OOTB intake port is choking it along with the headers is my guess.

Nice running TQ monster engine. Put a set of 1 3/4" super comps or tti steps on it and I bet it picks up 15hp

I think you mentioned you used a XR286R in it this time.

lmao - what a mess... i'll check tha cam card next time I am at the shop...lol...lol...lol

awesome build , your're going to need to cut a hole in the floor of that little cuda to see where you're going with that beast in it .

CLOSE ENOUGH to call you a winner!

Woo Hoo!!

What do i get? A free holiday to NYC with free :happy1:?????

Or the satisifaction knowing that for once in 14 years of Mopar forum membership...I was right..........:cheers:

Back to reality - great thread DJVCuda. :prayer:

Woo Hoo!!

Or the satisifaction knowing that for once in 14 years of Mopar forum membership...I was right..........:cheers:

No, that's the 2nd time you've been right - those Eagle rods are S&%$!!

Woo Hoo!!

even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in awhile...lol

-
Back