440 vs 454

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Just wanted to show yall the two motors I'm building.

The 440 is for my 1971 dart and the 454 is for my pops 1927 model T.
Both cars will be quarter mile first and street second. It should be fun to see how they stack up in the quarter, the T is very light so pops has the advantage there but I'm not sure his old balls will be willing to push it as hard as me. :)

No mater what it will be fun.

Happy new year!

Heck yeah. That looks like a blast and that's what it's all about.

Most cool. Would love to hear about each engine.

The Chevy heads are far superior stock for stock, btw. LOL

nice, where are the cranks and pistons.

Both motors are forty over with forged cranks and rods and will be static compression of 10-1. Or as high as I can push pump gas.

Victor intake and 750 DP mechanical secondarys. (not in pick thats a 600 just sitting on the intake for the pick)
cam yet to be decided. any suggestions?
Pistions undecided. ideas/suggestions?
906 heads, Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers, with 2.18 intake valves and 1.80 exhaust and dual coil springs.

Chevy 454.

**** i dont know. its a chevy?
Enderly mechanical injection.
roller top end.

I just picked up the motors from the machine shop and there still dirty. Gonna pressure wash em and soap em tomarrow then install the rotating assembly in the chevy. The 440 needs pistions and the rods resized before i can build the short block.

Both motors are forty over with forged cranks and rods and will be static compression of 10-1. Or as high as I can push pump gas.

Victor intake and 750 DP mechanical secondarys. (not in pick thats a 600 just sitting on the intake for the pick)
cam yet to be decided. any suggestions?
Pistions undecided. ideas/suggestions?
906 heads, Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers, with 2.18 intake valves and 1.80 exhaust and dual coil springs.

Chevy 454.

**** i dont know. its a chevy?
Enderly mechanical injection.
roller top end.

I just picked up the motors from the machine shop and there still dirty. Gonna pressure wash em and soap em tomarrow then install the rotating assembly in the chevy. The 440 needs pistions and the rods resized before i can build the short block.

Nice...Time to play...

I useto build Toyota rockcrawlers with fancy engines (LC engeering stage 5 redheads with forced induction) About tenyears ago I bought a house and promptly lost my job. The lack of funds forced me to sell everything to keep my house. I was trying to sell my crawler and no one had money for a expensive truck that you cant realy drive on the street. I ended up getting almost my asking price but the guy was shy a few grand and mentioned he had a car I may be interested in, I told em bring it by and Ill take a look at it. That car was is a 1971 Dodge dart. I always like a project in the garrage so I took the cash and the car and, well.. now im trying to grow out a mullet and pulling the sleeves off my motley crew T shirts....

I useto build Toyota rockcrawlers with fancy engines (LC engeering stage 5 redheads with forced induction) About tenyears ago I bought a house and promptly lost my job. The lack of funds forced me to sell everything to keep my house. I was trying to sell my crawler and no one had money for a expensive truck that you cant realy drive on the street. I ended up getting almost my asking price but the guy was shy a few grand and mentioned he had a car I may be interested in, I told em bring it by and Ill take a look at it. That car was is a 1971 Dodge dart. I always like a project in the garrage so I took the cash and the car and, well.. now im trying to grow out a mullet and pulling the sleeves off my motley crew T shirts....

Really,Cope? .. I was into hot import mini trucks (86-92 ish). LC was the hot ticket for " Yota builds then".....

Yeah they were. Folks would laugh when I would ask if they wanna see my hot rod then open the garrage to a crawler, the laughing stoped when I unscrewed the pins out of the hood.

The folks at LC said I was the first to put a stage 5 in a crawler. I can remember the guy on the phone asking what application the first motor was for. I said a crawler and He kinda paused and says " you know we run these down the quarter mile with no radiator and they are not for off road trucks."

510 lift sounds bitchen in a yota and white smoking all four 37 inch irocks is something you dont see every day...

Yeah they were. Folks would laugh when I would ask if they wanna see my hot rod then open the garrage to a crawler, the laughing stoped when I unscrewed the pins out of the hood.

The folks at LC said I was the first to put a stage 5 in a crawler. I can remember the guy on the phone asking what application the first motor was for. I said a crawler and He kinda paused and says " you know we run these down the quarter mile with no radiator and they are not for off road trucks."

510 lift sounds bitchen in a yota and white smoking all four 37 inch irocks is something you dont see every day...

would love to see a picture of the crawler!

Lmao!

-
Back