470 TrickFlow 240 Solid Flat Tappet Cam Dyno Results

-
Decent build.
Good heads, just enough cam.
No surprise the 750 can allow 600hp.
The cam is like something I would choose, maybe not 113... but I don't have the dyno and experience of testing various builds as you do to get that idea of what to expect with 113 where I'd normally seek 108-111
I'd be plenty happy with 12" of vac.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Decent build.
Good heads, just enough cam.
No surprise the 750 can allow 600hp.
The cam is like something I would choose, maybe not 113... but I don't have the dyno and experience of testing various builds as you do to get that idea of what to expect with 113 where I'd normally seek 108-111
I'd be plenty happy with 12" and vac.
Thanks for sharing.

Nice comments-much appreciated. In retrospect I believe when I spec'd that cam the customer had given me more stringent parameters on the civility of the build but on dyno day that of course changed and now I too would have preferred a 111 LSA--Would have probably bumped the bottom to middle of the torque curve a little--but then again he didn't want 5oo+ tq way down low either. J.Rob

Thanks alot for posting this Ramm, that's badass, I think I can expect a little more with my 470 trick flow 240 build which is nearly done, I've got a little more duration and lift, 260-264 & .650-.660 lift with 1.6 rockers, 11.5:1 compression. Will be running a 1050 dominator with adapter and spacer on trickflows intake manifold. Now I'm very excited.
Thanks again.
Too bad you're way up north I'd have you dyno mine, from your posts I've seen excellent work

Thanks alot for posting this Ramm, that's badass, I think I can expect a little more with my 470 trick flow 240 build which is nearly done, I've got a little more duration and lift, 260-264 & .650-.660 lift with 1.6 rockers, 11.5:1 compression. Will be running a 1050 dominator with adapter and spacer on trickflows intake manifold. Now I'm very excited.
Thanks again.
Too bad you're way up north I'd have you dyno mine, from your posts I've seen excellent work
Oh I'm sure yours will crowd the 700hp mark from what I have seen. Good luck, J.Rob

Those #s look pretty close to what TF advertises for their 240 heads. From memory, their cam was a couple of degrees shorter, & tighter LSA. 440, not s stroker.
Customer should have a smile!

Nice build . . .makes me think I should've went with a 750 instead of 850

Thanks again.
Adapter. Are you going from a standard bore manifold to the 1050?

Adapter. Are you going from a standard bore manifold to the 1050?
Yes, I'll be using a 2 inch 4150 to 4500 and 1 inch spacer under dominator, that should from what I've read give enough room & plenum volume to work well.

This usually doesn't work out well. Will kill bottom end and not give you all the top end. Either run a 850 on the std. manifold or open it up to the 1050 size. Also stick or auto. If auto what converter.

This usually doesn't work out well. Will kill bottom end and not give you all the top end. Either run a 850 on the std. manifold or open it up to the 1050 size. Also stick or auto. If auto what converter.
4800 stall. I think I've read it doesn't translate to much on the dyno but down the track almost always picks up time.
I plan to open the flange & adapter an additional .250 all around and blend.

Ya back in the 70's we tried adts. a couple of times mph picked up but lost time. When the manifold was opened up it was better. Stick cars liked the big carb best but we didn't have brakes back then and I even used to adj. the acc. pumps for the best shot. I found the big carb very good with the brake even on smaller motors, good hp ones.

Ya back in the 70's we tried adts. a couple of times mph picked up but lost time. When the manifold was opened up it was better. Stick cars liked the big carb best but we didn't have brakes back then and I even used to adj. the acc. pumps for the best shot. I found the big carb very good with the brake even on smaller motors, good hp ones.
I figured I'd run it, until I get to making my sheetmetal intake with the correct flange.

I figured I'd run it, until I get to making my sheetmetal intake with the correct flange.
Didn't know. I think I must be getting old at this point making my own manifold sounds like too much work. ps I am old!

Didn't know. I think I must be getting old at this point making my own manifold sounds like too much work. ps I am old!
Well, I can't say I might get half way through it and quit lol. I just got a spare 400 mock up block (cracked main) from work. My dream is build some excellent fitting a-body headers and tunnel Rams. To sell to fabo friends

Well, I can't say I might get half way through it and quit lol. I just got a spare 400 mock up block (cracked main) from work. My dream is build some excellent fitting a-body headers and tunnel Rams. To sell to fabo friends
Cool. You got a good 400 block you want to sell?

Ya we didn't blend them in. I currently have a 500 in my charger and it dynoed at 600 with a 6 pack but switched to a 1050 and damn it pulls a heck of a lot stronger now. Bet 50+ ponies.

Ya we didn't blend them in. I currently have a 500 in my charger and it dynoed at 600 with a 6 pack but switched to a 1050 and damn it pulls a heck of a lot stronger now. Bet 50+ ponies.
What the the specs on your 500?

I didn't build it I got it this way other than tuning. 440 bored.060 4.15 crank. I don't know the comp. ratio but it's probably about 9 to 1 at its best. Runs on 87, kerosene whatever. It's a 660 cam 260 dur. solid roller blows 110 with a real gauge. Indy sr heads opened up to max wedge size, indy intake with a 1050. Number matching to the car. And they built it with stock rods! Makes me nervous. I shift at or under 6 but had it a bit higher several time 6800 or so just can't help myself. It keeps pulling. Haven't driven in the last 2 years plan is to use another block new rods and pistons maybe 14 to 1. No more 87. lol. Should be at the limit of the stock block there. And at the trans limit, Hemi 4 speed. Run it with a 3.54 gear

So I’ve swapped my 512 back and forth. It’s a bit stronger with an Indy intake that’s MW ported (my heads are in between) with a 1050 than the six pack but I don’t think it’s a blow out. I’ve done quite a bit of work on my six intake throughout the last few years. I also run a 4412 center carb with the mechanical outboards (they have pumpers). It would make for a fun track day but, it’s hard to run the car cause it doesn’t have a bar and they get their panties in a bunch when it clicks off 10’s without one… lol

Cool. You got a good 400 block you want to sell?
Actually, no. I just traded my known good block for a mock up & a machinable block I inspected at work. Besides I live in Washington state that's along ways from you

-
Back