5.7L hemi Duster/resto.

-
looking good. i like your idea with the tail lights. its cool to see something different like that and you have done a good job at it.

Can't wait till you tell us how many people are going to come up and ask what year your chevelle is??? Steve

thanks the tail light area was rusted out so I figured I would try something different. it turned out good so far, I just have to finish the body work.

As far as them thinking its a chevelle , ill tell em its the new 2016 model. lol

Did you use lead to fill the qtr to roof seam or something else ?? I plan on doing my quarter panels very soon just wondering if you used lead there and on the qtr / tail panel seem .
Thanks stephon Cool build by the way

I used USC all-metal its a aluminum based body filler. Its very strong and a pain to sand but most importantly its water proof were most other standard fillers are not.

USC Dura-glass is another one that can be used it is a fiberglass based filler that is also water proof. I have used both before, both seam to work well.

The dura glass is nothing like you ole fiber glass stranded tigerhair, it spreads like a standard bodyfiller as dose the all metal both are a heavy filler.

I just use either of these as a base then use what ever filler over them as both duraglass and all metal are a pain to get feathered out.

also there are others that make the same type of fillers.

Thanks for looking

I got some much needed time on my car this weekend. But it was all body work so its slow going...

tail panel with dura glas on it

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 482
dura glas sanded down and on with the light filler.

Attachments

• car2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 497
front sail panel got the same treatment, all metal, dura glass and then light filler.

I did lots of on and sanding back off this week end and there is still more to do before the primer flies.

Attachments

• car4.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 489
  • car3.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 483
started to finish the door jam/quarter the pics will look to have a lot of filler but the filler is actualy very thin. Most of it will all be sanded off. I first removed the lock and handle and got started.

thanks for looking

Attachments

• ca1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 430
the rest of the filler is still waiting for me this Saturday possibly if I don't venture to Carlisle.

Attachments

• ca2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 463
  • ca4.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 456
  • ca3.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 452
got my soon to be oil pan if all goes as planed.

Attachments

• oil pan.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 384
I need to get a hold of my friend who has a plasma cutter to start cutting.

the last pic of the pan has been changed since I realized the bottom of the pan was no were near large enough. I found and corrected my false measurement, but forgot to take a new picture.

Attachments

• oil pan 1.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 361
  • oil pan 2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 350
Finally got my plasma cutter. Its an el cheapo but so far seams to do the job.

I got the flange cut out that bolts to the engine block and one side done. I plan to finish cutting them out this week/weekend. Clean the minor slag, and if I get the argon I may try the tig welding option on my new 3 in 1 plasma/tig/arc.

Attachments

• oilpn.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 311
  • oilpn1.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 311
  • oilpn2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 320
  • oilpn3.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 312
As you can see from the drawing on the un-cut sheet to the piece I cut, the bottom of the pan was going to be way to short. Luckily I caught my mistake/miss measurement and re-drew it before the actual cutting began.

thanks for looking

I finished drawing up and cutting out the oil pan. I have one more piece to cut but want to wait to cut it since it depends on the angle of another piece.

added a picture of my truck just for a bonus.:cheers:

Attachments

• oilpn4.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 271
  • stepside.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 279
I got most the pan tac welded together. I still have to do the piece for the front of the oil pan. (As you will see)

Attachments

• oilpn7.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 264
  • oilpn6.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 268
  • oilpn5.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 280
a few more

Attachments

• oilpn8.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 284
  • oilpn9.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 272
thanks

its been a slow moving project but its coming along.

The oil pan is being tig welded by my brother. I hope to mount it to the engine and work on the sump and possibly the engine mounts this week end.

Pics of the pan.

Attachments

• oilpn10.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 211
-
Back