5 Slot Mags

-

JeffTheMarine

Reaction score
I am looking for someone that makes the old school slot mags still. However I don't want the shinny polished ones that American Racing sells. I want the older as cast sort of finish. I doubt they make them in SBP but if they do that would be cool too. If someone can help let me know. I am looking for probably 15X8 and 15X7.

Thanks
Jeff

I am looking for someone that makes the old school slot mags still. However I don't want the shinny polished ones that American Racing sells. I want the older as cast sort of finish. I doubt they make them in SBP but if they do that would be cool too. If someone can help let me know. I am looking for probably 15X8 and 15X7.

Thanks
Jeff

I've had trouble find the original style too, but i have found these which is a similar design:

http://www.rocketracingwheels.com/p...-injector-series/rocket-injector-as-cast.html

I've been looking for over a year on Ebay and other sites for an old used set, 15x8, 15x8.5 or 15x10. When I did find something usually the backspacing was way to short (3.5 or less), or they had a 5x5 or 5x4.75 bolt pattern. I also felt they were all way over priced for an old cast wheel with nicks and scratches and the like that required buff-out and other clean-up...which mad them even more $$$.

Then on a fluke I accidentally type-o'd 15x9 slot in my search... and I came across these wheels called: "US Mags Indy", 15x9, 5" backspacing, 5x4.5, polished and they were about $150 per wheel brand new, which included shipping. :cheers:

So if you want that old school brushed look, just have a shop brush the polish, shouldn't cost ya more than $35 a wheel I'm told... So there ya go. I got them at Signature Performance Tire & wheel, ask for Rob, he'll treat ya right. AND no I don't work for them or anything like that, ha, ha...

Good luck!

Attachments

• Angle.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,019
  • Front.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 879

Thanks
Jeff
..................................................................................................
Try these guys.
ET Wheels by Team III Wheels

Sorry about the bad link, It worked earlier.

Old Country, Those are the wheels I was talking about. Best looking new 5 slot wheel I have seen.

Yea I looked for a looooong time, but once I came across those I didn't look back. 15x9 with 5" BS... my problem was solved AND they are brand new vs the beat-up old used puppies I was considering. AND those used ones were only $20 less then the new ones, ha...and they needed cleaning and re-brushing.....plus ya just never know if they're going to be true (not bent a tad).

Anyway - It just made good sense to me, BUT there are lots of FABO brothers with other options for you too. Good luck. :cheers:

-
Back