5 years of "Chrysler TorqueFlite A-904 & A-727 Transmissions: How to Rebuild"

-

VOETOM

Reaction score

On this ~ five-year anniversary of the release of CarTech’s

AE46D73C-5F50-409B-B7B6-0EC4BE4F49B4_1_201_a.jpeg
Chrysler TorqueFlite A-904 & A-727 Transmissions: How to Rebuild
, I want to thank all of you who bought it, read it, commented on it, and are using it. It took a while to write and photograph images for it but it has proven to be a good manual for those new to tearing transmissions apart or for those needing images that show a bit more detail than shop manuals do. The cool thing is that the profits help me fund various charitable activities.

So, again, thank you all for the support over these first five years.
Tom Hand

Thanks Tom... it's part of the garage library and has been consulted frequently.

If you ever do a revision would love to see more of the early 904 pushbutton unique sections. Even the TSM is pretty thin :thumbsup:

Hey Tom,
Just got mine in the mail a few days ago. Now just need to find some time to get 'er done.
Thanks for the great resource!

It's a great book, Tom. Thanks for making it happen!

Built my 904 using your book.
Very good and easy to understand.
Great pictures too...
Thank you Tom

On this ~ five-year anniversary of the release of CarTech’s​

View attachment 1716001306Chrysler TorqueFlite A-904 & A-727 Transmissions: How to Rebuild
, I want to thank all of you who bought it, read it, commented on it, and are using it. It took a while to write and photograph images for it but it has proven to be a good manual for those new to tearing transmissions apart or for those needing images that show a bit more detail than shop manuals do. The cool thing is that the profits help me fund various charitable activities.

So, again, thank you all for the support over these first five years.
Tom Hand

Tom do you happen to have a book that covers the A500/518 transmissions? If not do you know of one you would recommend?

Cool! I bought one of these and never realized that you were a FABO member. The book is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to produce a great resource.:thumbsup:

Thanks to all who have supported this.

JD, I have no direct experience with 500/518s and therefore, I could never write intelligently about them. I am sure someone knows tons about them. The guys at SONNAX always seem to have great connections and I'll ll ask next time I chat with them.

Tom, your book gave me the courage to jump into a 904 overhaul. I picked up the trans for $100 last summer with intentions to put it behind a 318 Magnum, which I'm rebuilding too. The pair is destined for my 67 Dart. Thanks for all the hard work and willingness to pass along knowledge. I took some of your cues and sourced parts from A and A. They were helpful as well. On their recommendation, it's getting their red thin clutches. I'm very optimistic that this will be a solid transmission, just wish I had paid closer attention and got the end play measured before tearing it down :rolleyes:! Thanks again, you rock!!

Thanks so much!
I am currently helping redo another technical book and hoping it will have a good impact on lots of car folks (someday soon).
A & A and Cope and Sonnax and Alto and so many others are so nice to deal with. The hot rod transmission business is full of great people.

Just got this book @ Christmas . not done reading it yet . The brilliance of this book is the quality of the photos and the comments adjacent to each photo. This allows you to read a paragraph and immediately see the pic reference. I learn well that way. I have many trans books but much harder to digest the info. Thanks for the thought you put into the design of this book. The pictures are incredible

I don’t have your book Sir , but I’ve been building transmission for over 20 years ! I was really lucky to be mechanically minded ! These types things have always came easy to me ! I have a really good friend who owns a transmission shop and was taught by him how to build automatic and standard transmissions ! All brands , if it drives down the road I’ve probably had my hands on the transmission ! With all that said , thank you for the time and the effort you you have put into your book ! Not everyone is lucky enough as I was to have the ability to do transmission work, or have a close friend that will teach them as I did ! Once again Sir , thank you for helping lots of people that can do the work , just need some guidance ! Awesome work !

-
Back