50’s male looking for information

Who else has what they need but crave more but have no energy to go get it?

• Suck it up buttercup; it DOES get better

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Make something happen- I will pm you my suggestion.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Try yoga

• Switch to harder liquor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
So- Mopar people. I’ve hit that age in life where I am dangerous. I’ve got more money than time. I pick up my smart phone and stare at it looking for something, but feel let down other than conservative tin hat sites (I’m bored with) and well….. here. I’ve got nothing else to kill time. Cars were my hobby but work has taken full focus. Anyone else fell this way. Car projects - well I want them done but the energy is just not there anylonger. Still love my MoPars but not enough to dive in and complete any more.

Im not complaining, I’ve worked hard my whole life, I have money left over in small quantities and feel like I’m buying stuff just to buy. Big ticket items are out of the question- I’m not buying a new truck for what feels like 30%-40% more than it is worth when my current truck is a garage queen. I think I’m bored. Kids all grown up, don’t need Dad anymore, holidays suck, and going out with old friends just mean re telling the same stories I’ve told 100 times before. The wife is kinda the same way but she became an EMT for the local FD. She holds a full time job as an executive with a major corporation. I grant you I am blessed. Everyday I thank my lucky stars but I’m bored. Anyone else feel this way?

I've gone back and forth with no money and all the time in the world, or plenty of money and no time. My problem is I am so picky, that there is little I will farm out. I have never been bored in my life, there is always something to do or learn. I can keep my cars running forever, but am finishing up the last two. We moved a lot when I was in my teens and 20's so my friends are farther away, FL, PA, and MD. Kids are even farther, OR, VA, CO, and MD. All was sorting itself out till Covid hit. When you work the way you are, you have to concentrate on the work and put the other stuff on hold. My 66 Formula S was on hold raising a family for probably 15 years. I won't have a smart phone, and barely tolerate my flip phone. I don't watch what we used to call the news. I don't need to talk about politics since I already know who I will never vote for. I cut the cord decades ago, but bought all the movies and shows that are worth watching. Right now I am going through things and deciding what to keep and what to sell, still trying to fit all my car stuff in the garage. My advice is to get what you want, finish it and enjoy it. Don't get bogged down trying to do too much or accumulate too much. We are all guilty of chasing after the "best thing", when what we have is plenty good enough and requires little to be what we want. That is why we have Mopars. Work on a project you love. Don't waste any time with this bunch of idiots that are running the show at this time in history. Spend more time with your wife and kids. Search and find God. What are your other hobbies and passions? I am almost 67 and time flies. Do not waste it.

I agree 8 years flies by at double, sometime triple time.
I found God/ rather He found me, in 1994, but I was a sleepy Sunday-morning Christian for two decades, until about 2014/ age 61. Then I switched jobs and suddenly had a lotta free time for Bible-Study. Shortly after that, I joined up here, and found a few like-minded fellas. And simultaneously found a few in my neighborhood. Thus was born a new chapter in my life, with all kinds of crazy things going on.
If you or anyone, responds to God's call, your life will never be boring.
If you don't get the call, life will be what you make of it.
If you want to get the call, go find a Believer; we don't hide. Being a Believer doesn't make us perfect; it just means we're working on being the best that we can be.

-
Back