6.1 hemi kick down cable

-

Henry1962s

Reaction score
Hi,

i have a MP 6.1 hemi with a cable operated throttle body. Has anyone seen or know of a kit or mod to fit a kickdown cable for 727 trans. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Bouchillonperformance has what ya need.

I had a look at bouchillon and they don't have what i am after i think. Have attached a couple of photos to explain. I think will need to run a linkage off the throttle plate to a bell crank or reversing lever to get the pull action on the cable and be able to adjust. Pic 81 is WOT and you can see the linkage pin in pic 83.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 531
. I think will need to run a linkage off the throttle plate to a bell crank or reversing lever to get the pull action on the cable and be able to adjust. Pic 81 is WOT and you can see the linkage pin in pic 83.

Cheers

Yes you're exactly right.
There are many aftermartet kic down cables for GM 700R4 that might work. With whatever cable you use, jou just need to loop the cable 180degrees so that it pulls the lever from the rear of the trans. Thats how the stock Magnum cables are setup.(I have this setup on my duster)

Magnum engines have a simliar kickdown arrangement. The stock truck parts could give you the trans hardware brackets you need. But I doubt the truck cable could be a easily adapted to your tb as the more "universal" aftermarket cables intended for GMs.

The stock cables maybe too short considering the hemi tb is several inches further forward.

To illistrate, Look what I just found in the 2009 MP Catalog(p125).

[FONT=ArialNarrow,Bold]E. [/FONT]
[FONT=ArialNarrow,Bold][FONT=ArialNarrow,Bold]Kickdown Cable[/FONT][/FONT]

For engine and transmission swaps when production kickdown linkage
will not work or is not available.

77R06161 Kick Down Cable, Torqueflite, Kit
1 P4510645 Kickdown Cable, Single 4-bbl Applications

77R060161:--looks like the stock mangnum truck cable. It's deffinately the stock truck trans lever. The cable brackets don't look factory.

77R06161.png

P4510645--looks like a lokar to me
P4510645.jpg

I have the lockar 727 kick down cable which looks the goods. Still need to suss out how to get it to operate of throttle plate without too much trickery. Will keep posted.

-
Back