**600hp sbm block limit? Or is it bs!!**

-
To get back on track :)

My personal LA 408 made 608 on an engine dyno. Was raced every summer for the last decade, shifting at 7400, and I put it on E85 2 summers ago so I could get off race gas, and actually enjoy it on the street a little bit. Big solid roller cam. About 13 :1. Timing locked at 40. Icon pistons, scat crank and rods, alum worked over mopar heads. It's less temperamental than 318's I've owned. Owes me nothing. Not a ton over 600, I know, but it's more than happy at the mark. It's a 73 ish block if I remember right.

Hope that helps someone!
That is very helpful. What’s it in and what does it run?

There's some videos of it making passes on there.
Hey J Mac, yea that is helpful and a good testament.
You should add a video to your YouTube about it!

Thank you
You are right I probably don't have a build breakdown. I haven't done much on YT for ages! It does hang with the big tire cars tho!

low 10's @ 135?
Yup pretty close. My home track is actually a tad uphill believe it or not. With a 3.91 gear it does 10.20's. On a 10 in slick, with a 26 inch tall tire. Mph usually 129 ish.

Yup pretty close. My home track is actually a tad uphill believe it or not. With a 3.91 gear it does 10.20's. On a 10 in slick, with a 26 inch tall tire. Mph usually 129 ish.
Perfect :thumbsup:

Yea I've been following Matt's build. I hope he gets it sorted out, I think he might be getting close.
Its getting closer each time I get it out, now that I've increased the fuel psi I have to take a lot of fuel out but pulls hard. Not to thread jack Mad dart. Thanks Louis for the kind words my friend, love this car.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I’ll now ignore it. Apparently there is a secret code or something around here.
You can ignore it all you want. There ain't no secret code around here, only some crusty old Mopar folks and some newbie young bucks like yourself.

You can ignore it all you want. There ain't no secret code around here, only some crusty old Mopar folks and some newbie young bucks like yourself.

What does youth have to do with it? The crusty old dudes don’t get any cred for grey hair and doing old school nonsense.

Again, I heard you and I’m ignoring it. Carry on

It is slow going. I have everything to make it a roller, the forward tubes and struts Should hopefully be done soon. I do have almost all the parts for the motor. Ritter block & W8’s from Brett Miller should be done in a couple weeks . Then the machining starts.
If you’re going to make test hits N/A I’m the gate keeper for the SLO-est W8 mill on the planet!!
by chance you or Chris going to Irwindale next weekend? if so I’ll be there!

If you’re going to make test hits N/A I’m the gate keeper for the SLO-est W8 mill on the planet!!
by chance you or Chris going to Irwindale next weekend? if so I’ll be there!
You bet your sweet *** I will be there lol. Maybe this time we could actually meet in person.

Slow your roll, Newbie.
I don’t think newbie applies.
Thanks for the tip. I’ll now ignore it. Apparently there is a secret code or something around here.
Like… having a nice discussion and not treating people disrespectful while assuming, insulting, calling them piers and stupid, making up stuff, brow beating people because you have been there and done that (or so you say) or beating up on people for your assumption they have more money than brains?

IDK, could be any of the above you frequently abuse that get you into senseless bouts with the population at large. It does not even matter if you’re right or wrong. You do it anyway.

Try being kind and considerate for a change.

Like… having a nice discussion and not treating people disrespectful while assuming, insulting, calling them piers and stupid, making up stuff, brow beating people because you have been there and done that (or so you say) or beating up on people for your assumption they have more money than brains?

IDK, could be any of the above you frequently abuse that get you into senseless bouts with the population at large. It does not even matter if you’re right or wrong. You do it anyway.

How about you butt out? This has nothing to do you. I replied to the other guy and here you are, like a bad onion.

Take a blow. Don’t you have some shitty videos to make?

BTW, I didn’t make anything up. You evidently aren’t qualified to talk about anything performance related. And TQ’s aren’t performance.

Spending all that money and not buying a good block is foolish.

They may live but bet all you have your ring seal is compromised, you have to run excess clearances because the main tunnel is moving all over the place, head gasket sealing is also problematic.

I guess the entire world is stupid buying upgraded blocks. I can’t count the number of split bores, blown out main lines, compromised head gaskets and shitty ring seal with factory locks on 550-600 hp stuff.

Just because it hasn’t shat itself all over the ground doesn’t mean it’s right.

Running production blocks with power levels over about 550 hp is just not financially smart. BTDT. Still see it to this day. And not just on Chrysler ****. Got a BBC in the shop, stock block. Guy says it made 650 with a 250 shot. I don’t know that because I didn’t want to run it over a dyno before I took it apart to see where it was since he pulled it several years ago.

I took it apart and he killed the top rings, blew the bores out of it (took .0065 to clean it up and it still isn’t very purdy), knocked the head gaskets out, and scuffed 3 pistons and was getting after the other 5.

All of that is 100% related to his flexible block at that power level. The pistons went in on the high side of clearance and he was still getting after them. That means the bores are moving all over hell.

Im going to fix it as best I can, put it on the pump and tune it and see if he can get a year out of it. I told him it was block time, but he doesnt have the money for it now, but he has the money to pay me and kick the cam down the road. Spending bad money after bad money.

Just plain stupid. Being a penny pinching miser isn’t a smart move doing this type of stuff.

Here is my first post in this thread. I laid out the facts. Didn’t call any names.

I stand by what I said. It’s stupid building a 50 plus year old block and putting that much power through it. Can it be done? Yes. Is it smart? Nope.

So there you have it. Rumblefish whatever is a liar. Then I got attacked by clowns like this guy who has no experience with power at any level worth breaking a block.

I guess you guys aren’t on each other Christmas lists. Lol
1701662070389.gif

Here is my first post in this thread. I laid out the facts. Didn’t call any names.

I stand by what I said. It’s stupid building a 50 plus year old block and putting that much power through it. Can it be done? Yes. Is it smart? Nope.

So there you have it. Rumblefish whatever is a liar. Then I got attacked by clowns like this guy who has no experience with power at any level worth breaking a block.
Dude just go away. Your first post is as worthless as your last. You state you didn’t call anyone names yet in your first post you call us real racers fools and stupid. All it really reveals is how you dont know everything yet you opine you do. You then make it a full time job trying to slap everyone here. Go take a chill pill and relax.

-
Back