62 valiant /6 turbo build

-
Here's a couple pics of the cold side piping mock up I still have to get a 50mm v band flange installed for my BOV and a 1/8 bung welded in for the meth injection

IMAG0278.jpg

Here's a new video don't mind the mess inside I still have some things to do inside of the car
Aaron

Quick question... Why did you do the intake set-up this way? Every bend and length of tubing add restriction and reduce efficiency. Why not spin the hat around and just run one bend straight into it? I'm just wondering. It looks great otherwise, can't wait to see more.

I decided to make some minor changes to the cold side piping
IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

Thanks to all who opened my eyes why I didn't do it like this to start with:violent1:

you could even try removing the upper bend and turning the other bends to see it will line up...

looks good though! have you tried driving it yet?? with or without boost?

you could even try removing the upper bend and turning the other bends to see it will line up...

looks good though! have you tried driving it yet?? with or without boost?

That's about as tight as I'm going to beable to make it the hood still has to beable to close
As for driving it no not yet I have to finish the brakes rebuild the front end and get my drive shaft cut down which is what I plan on doing in the morning soon very very soon

That's about as tight as I'm going to beable to make it the hood still has to beable to close
As for driving it no not yet I have to finish the brakes rebuild the front end and get my drive shaft cut down which is what I plan on doing in the morning soon very very soon

cool cool!

woah, woah, woah, no need to rush and get it done before me..... :lol:

Looks REALLY nice! keep up the good work!

Here's a couple pics with thde BOV installed hopefully tomorrow ill have the opportunity to put the motor under boost for the first time

IMAG0291.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

The front end is almost completely done I have a couple minor adjustments to make and the drive shaft was dropped off this morning to be cut down to size and balanced and the brake line need to be landed
Maybe ill beable to get the toad road ready by next week!!

Aaron

Well guys I haven't posted in awhile sorry I'm trying to get ready for the cold Michigan winter so I've been busy cutting and gathering wood for the house. The turbo toad is on stand by for a minute the motor and trans have to come out there is a internal vibration that I can't figure out.
So I'm working on some changes to my setup i've already got a larger turbo and have started on a tight fit turbo header I can only hope this new setup will look as clean as the original one I put together
Aaron

Well guys I haven't posted in awhile sorry I'm trying to get ready for the cold Michigan winter so I've been busy cutting and gathering wood for the house. The turbo toad is on stand by for a minute the motor and trans have to come out there is a internal vibration that I can't figure out.
So I'm working on some changes to my setup i've already got a larger turbo and have started on a tight fit turbo header I can only hope this new setup will look as clean as the original one I put together
Aaron

I'm sure it will; practice makes perfect!

I sure like the way you mounted your original turbo to the exhaust manifold...

If you ever decide to sell that manifold, please let me know....:prayer:

OK bill I been thinking about selling the turbo, manifold, and down pipe as a package deal
Aaron

That would save somebody a LOT of time and trouble. A really good deal for somebody.

I already have the turbo I need, so I really don't have use for another one, but I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for the quick response!:hello2:

Please keep us posted on your new header construction!!!!
'preciate it!

Well its been to long without any updates I've working on gathering parts and pieces for my updated setup I compiled all the parts and pieces to start the construction of a tight fit Turbo header the header will be constructed of 1.5 schedule 30 stainless steel here's what I'm starting with
IMG_20111116_021349.jpg

TRUE 6 INTO 1 MERGE COLLECTOR
IMG_20111116_001325.jpg

This is two accommodate the new Turbo I have choice
Stay tuned
Aaron

Well its been to long without any updates I've working on gathering parts and pieces for my updated setup I compiled all the parts and pieces to start the construction of a tight fit Turbo header the header will be constructed of 1.5 schedule 30 stainless steel here's what I'm starting with
IMG_20111116_021349.jpg

TRUE 6 INTO 1 MERGE COLLECTOR
IMG_20111116_001325.jpg

This is two accommodate the new Turbo I have choice
Stay tuned
Aaron

Nice collector, did you build that one? Are you slapping a big open T4 at the end of that thing?

Nice collector, did you build that one? Are you slapping a big open T4 at the end of that thing?

No I paid for the merge collector with plans of coping and making some myself and yes on the T4 I picked up a turbonetics t60 68 AR ON THE EXHAUST side but ill posted a couple pics this weekend on the progress of my header I'm awaiting a spool of stainless mig wire
Stay tuned
Aaron

OK bill I been thinking about selling the turbo, manifold, and down pipe as a package deal
Aaron

I don't know what you are going to be asking price wise but if you PM me maybe we can work out a deal on the whole set up you had. I am still working on getting all my stuff ready to start my turbo build and I would be very interested in the parts you had with the smaller turbo set up.

Thanks
Jeff

I don't know what you are going to be asking price wise but if you PM me maybe we can work out a deal on the whole set up you had. I am still working on getting all my stuff ready to start my turbo build and I would be very interested in the parts you had with the smaller turbo set up.

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff I sold the turbo to another member and Bill Dedmen has asked me a number of times that he would like manifold but I'm holding onto the manifold till I complete my turbo header but if he decides he doesn't want it ill let I no
Thanks Aaron

Jeff I sold the turbo to another member and Bill Dedmen has asked me a number of times that he would like manifold but I'm holding onto the manifold till I complete my turbo header but if he decides he doesn't want it ill let I no
Thanks Aaron

Aaron,

I sent some pictures of our header to a guy who is a paid turbo system consultant (for factorys like Ford and G.M.) and he said it was going to work okay, so if somebody else wants to buy that exhaust manifold, go ahead and sell it. We probably won't be needing it after all.

Thanks for holding it for us....

That's great news bill that header freddie fabbed up is very will put together I kind of had a feeling U may have been out thinking yourself. Bill I'm guilty of doing it on a regular basis. I'm going this weekend and buying a tig welder and I have started on the turbo header but I should have some good quality time in the garage this weekend so maybe I'll post some pics of my progress if I get a chance. I have a set of rocker arms that I'm hoping to possibly start working on next week I have some ideas about a couple jigs ill let I no how they work
Keep up the good work bill I no at times we think we're spinning our wheels and nothing is ever getting done but bill were trying to accomplish things that not many people have accomplished
Have a great and blessed Thanksgiving GO LOINS!
AARON

That's great news bill that header freddie fabbed up is very will put together I kind of had a feeling U may have been out thinking yourself. Bill I'm guilty of doing it on a regular basis. I'm going this weekend and buying a tig welder and I have started on the turbo header but I should have some good quality time in the garage this weekend so maybe I'll post some pics of my progress if I get a chance. I have a set of rocker arms that I'm hoping to possibly start working on next week I have some ideas about a couple jigs ill let I no how they work
Keep up the good work bill I no at times we think we're spinning our wheels and nothing is ever getting done but bill were trying to accomplish things that not many people have accomplished
Have a great and blessed Thanksgiving GO LOINS!
AARON

I think you're making GREAT progress, Aaron! Keep us posted on ALL your progress. That TOAD is gonna FLY!!!

Happy Thanksgiving.:D

I've been making alittle progress on the turbo header and I have to tell you guys its a pain in the *** but I'm enjoying every minute that I'm working on it I have about 12 hours into it now and have the first three legs tacked together and it looks great.
I picked up a tig Welder acouple of weeks ago but I haven't had a chance to us it just yet I just got my comsumables and I need to pick up a tank of gas I'm hoping to take care of that next week
I'll try and post some pics of the turbo header tomorrow the camera on my phone is broke so I ll have to bring out the digital camera and take some shots and show u guys what I've been doing
Aaron

-
Back