64 a body drum to disc

-

fordilac

okiedart
Reaction score
I have a 64 dart which I am just getting into I have aquired a 75 plymouth Valiant (Brougham???) it has the disc as well as 318 &auto trans what parts will I need to keep from the donor spindle assemblys, lower control arms, K member?? center link???

the spindles, rotors, calipers, upper control arms and upper and lower ball joints will be needed to convert your 64 to disc. The master cyl, front brake hoses and proportioning valve will also be needed. The lower control arms can be used off your 64, but I suggest replacing the bushings. The steering link on the 75 will be too wide. K member is also different, the early a only used 1 k frame for 6 and v-8 cars.

I have a 64 dart which I am just getting into I have aquired a 75 plymouth Valiant (Brougham???) it has the disc as well as 318 &auto trans what parts will I need to keep from the donor spindle assemblys, lower control arms, K member?? center link???

You'll need the upper control arms and I'd grab the proportioning valve also. Since it has a 318 with discs, it might also have an 8.25 rear end which I'd also grab. Even if only the 7.25 rear, it'll have LBP axles which could be used. The K frame is too wide for a 64. If the lower control arms don't have a sway bar tab, they'll be the same as your 64. If with a sway bar grab the bar and LCAs and someone else can use them - sway bar won't fit your 64 and sway bar tabs on a 75 are in the wrong place for your 64. Center link won't fit your 64 - if going with the donor V8 you'll need the 65-66 V8 center link. I've probably forgot something - others will certain chime in.

thanks, the power brake pieces are already gone some one had recommended 79-80 aspen/volarie master. I assume what I am going for here is the dual chamber master so I will need the proportioning valve as well. can you go with power brakes it looks like there is hardly any room for it???

-
Back