64 Dart centerlink

-

physixx

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a centerlink from a 64 Dart roller that I was told was an original 273 car. The centerlink that I took off has a "drop" in it for oil pan cleanance but it doesn't look like it would be enough, but some other ones that I've seen from /6 cars was almost straight with hardly any "drop" in it. From the pic, can anyone tell what this centerlink is from? /6 or V8. My thinking is /6, but the firewall has the V8 distributor "dimple" in it as seen in the second pic so can this in fact be a V8 car with the V8 centerlink?

Thanks everyone for any help.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Attachments

• DSCN1999.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN1875.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 207
looks like a standard slant six bar-- the v-8 is a thicker slightly larger drop, Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_8461 (2).jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_8459 (2).JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 210
That's what I thought all along but the guy I got the car from said that it was a V8 car. Thanks for the info.

Ken

Looks like the center link in my 64 slant. I can't say the one in my 65 273 looks much different, maybe another 1/2" drop. Like in VDART's photo, hard to tell without measuring closely.

I think all 1964 firewalls had the V-8 distributor recess. The only difference was between AC and non-AC cars, at least in 1965.

The seller might have been confused since a V-8 will drop into an early A slant car, if you add a V-8 centerlink and the motor brackets, or maybe he/she didn't understand your question.

-
Back