65 barracuda Commando 273 /Formula S?

-
ill get back to u on that i sent out the money to chrysler historical to find out everything i need to know about my car. going to go look at a couple motors today. does anyone know if i have to do anything special to make it a roller motor roller cam rockers ect.

also maybe looking into the 360 to 426 stroker kit
You'll need a drive gear made of brass/bronze and depending on which setup you get, I think you need to sleeve the lifter bores. Other than that, just the normal checks to make when installing a high lift cam.....valve head clearence/reliefs in the pistons, coil bind in the valve springs, etc.

You'll need a drive gear made of brass/bronze and depending on which setup you get, I think you need to sleeve the lifter bores. Other than that, just the normal checks to make when installing a high lift cam.....valve head clearence/reliefs in the pistons, coil bind in the valve springs, etc.

is there a post about this ? or anything i should look up im going to buy how to build big inch small block mopar. since im just stepping into mopar and really only know chevy

The sway bar is an aftermarket one so that won't mean much. Does it have the original lower control arms? Those are unique to the '65-6 A-bodies with a factory sway bar. Unless you get something from Chrysler Historical showing it's a Formula S, there is nothing that can't be altered to make it look like one.

i undserstand and am waiting for them to send me what they have on the car cant wait.

The big difference now is when you pull in a cruise in lot all the mopar guys will be parked together unlike the other guys who never seem to get it about hanging out together...Marley Station Mall in Baltimore area is a great example Saturday night could be up to 400 cars all the mopars always in the same area every week the rest scateered about no order at all. Sponsered by Maryland 50's car club Mopar guys many belong to Maryland mopar club always hang together wherever they may show up......just something for you as a cheby guy to get used to..its a good thing!

The big difference now is when you pull in a cruise in lot all the mopar guys will be parked together unlike the other guys who never seem to get it about hanging out together...Marley Station Mall in Baltimore area is a great example Saturday night could be up to 400 cars all the mopars always in the same area every week the rest scateered about no order at all. Sponsered by Maryland 50's car club Mopar guys many belong to Maryland mopar club always hang together wherever they may show up......just something for you as a cheby guy to get used to..its a good thing!
ya i know what you mean its pretty much like that here in vegas. all of my buddy own chevy im the fist to step out of the box ha. but i know they can have way more power, one thing i do like about it being able to buy alot of aftermarket parts easier. top end kits etc. i havnt really found any through summit. but ive always wanted a barracuda 70 though never thought id want this one but it grew on me once i saw it and now like it better then the 70 my opinion though.

I have a Commando 65 Cuda with a 4 speed, has a rear cut out for per. exhaust. It can be had with a sway bay or not, since it was a Commando engine option only car. Mine has no tach, but optional remote mirror. Installed rear sway bar which helps, and found an S dash and installed nos tach. Had innards of stock radio replaced with pioneer electronics. Had an optional rear speaker so no chopping Fun for not a lot of dough! Lemme know if i can help with any info. J.D.

I have a Commando 65 Cuda with a 4 speed, has a rear cut out for per. exhaust. It can be had with a sway bay or not, since it was a Commando engine option only car. Mine has no tach, but optional remote mirror. Installed rear sway bar which helps, and found an S dash and installed nos tach. Had innards of stock radio replaced with pioneer electronics. Had an optional rear speaker so no chopping Fun for not a lot of dough! Lemme know if i can help with any info. J.D.
will do im pretty sure its a formula s but im waiting for my mail from chrysler historical to know for sure

Is there a way you could get pics of the disc brake set-up on it? I have sourced a dealer installed 65 dart brake setup for mine, just want to see one installed.

ITs hard to fake the "2" under the "C" on the fendertag. Thats a Formula "S" designator (oops, if it still had one). Tach and 273 4bbl could be had along with sway bar and stripe as well as 5 leaf springs and heavier torsion bars. The fatter blue streak tires and 5.5 rims may be another giveaway, indicated by a large "C" routed into the bottom of the trunk devider so the fatter spare could fit under it. Check out that Cragar SuperTrick rim in the back, yeah! Hard to run discs up front without the correct master cylinder, the correct disc single pot M/C had a reservoir extension on top, looked like a donut under the cap. My guess is its an "S" that had been in a front ender and they lost the grill as well as the fenders and "S" badge, replaced with some standard fenders with Commando emblems already on them. wild guess, but S badges are only $40 a piece at Laysons. Grill is a little more....

ITs hard to fake the "2" under the "C" on the fendertag. Thats a Formula "S" designator (oops, if it still had one). Tach and 273 4bbl could be had along with sway bar and stripe as well as 5 leaf springs and heavier torsion bars. The fatter blue streak tires and 5.5 rims may be another giveaway, indicated by a large "C" routed into the bottom of the trunk devider so the fatter spare could fit under it. Check out that Cragar SuperTrick rim in the back, yeah! Hard to run discs up front without the correct master cylinder, the correct disc single pot M/C had a reservoir extension on top, looked like a donut under the cap. My guess is its an "S" that had been in a front ender and they lost the grill as well as the fenders and "S" badge, replaced with some standard fenders with Commando emblems already on them. wild guess, but S badges are only $40 a piece at Laysons. Grill is a little more....

ya i dont have a fender tag getting one but ya everything checks out to be so just waiting for the moment of truth..

I had CHS do the history on my 1966 and they did find the IBM card and sent me a bunch of really nice information, factory pictures, advertisements and more. Really nice people.

Another nice thing about the early years is if you want to go stock there are plenty of date coded motors to put a valid drive train back in your car.....no serial numbers to fret about....

-
Back