65 Barracuda front suspension parts...help!

-

1965cudav8

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been awhile since I was on here, just took the car out of storage. However, 1 week into driving and I noticed a distinct front end issue. The drivers side front end was extremely low. The passenger side is fine, the car kind of tilts to the right when looking at it head on (see pic). So, I jacked up the drivers side of the car and removed the wheel. I do not know much about this a body front end. If you have read my stuff before, you may know that I am a VW diesel and Subaru rally guy, this Barracuda is my learning experience for Mopar (and a great one!).

Anyways, the shock seems to travel fine and is not leaking in any way. The upper control arm also looks fine and is solid. Now, I understand this is a torsion bar front suspension. So, I took a look aft where it travels to the cross member and bam, its complete snapped in half.

What kind of options do I have to replace this? AKA, who has a suggestion for an inexpensive replacement. This is a driver and nothing else. She is rough!

Thanks,

D

well if it`s snapped in half it should be easy to get out. The buy a new one or someone here on FABO should a used one for sale
Moe

Should be replaced in pairs. A set of .870 (892/893) bars would be an upgrade and used ones are pretty cheap.

-
Back