'65 dart gt

-

matarcher

65dartonly
Reaction score
well i figured it was time to start a thread of my own for my mistress :love7:in the garage. the reason i call her my mistress is, as of late my wife says i spend more time with the car then with her..... Go figure! first they want to get it fixed and not looking like a pile of cow ****. then you start on it and you they get mad you aren't with them..... anyways.

a little back story. i got the car last Feb. from my grandmother. it was my grandfather's car, he was going to "restore some day," he said back in 1986, it sat in the exact same spot for 23 years. he passed away seven years ago. my grandma called one day and said that if i didn't come get the car she was going to sell it. i drove 400 miles, pick it up and drove back. (Phoenix, az to Barstow, CA)

got her in the garage and started to put a game plan together, a month later i got laid off. well my family comes first. so my sexy mistress had to sit for 15 months before i could play with her again.

i started two weeks ago.... here are the progress pics. just started on the passanger side wheel well two days ago. here are some pictures of the work in progress. (one ppic of my wife and my mistress gettign to know each other)

Before (18).jpg

Before (9).jpg

Before (11).jpg

Before (39).jpg

Before (52).jpg

Before (53).jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

SANY0257.jpg

SANY0256.jpg

That sure looks like a solid project. Aspecially when it seems to be without rust!

What is the color?

Nice car to begin with, good luck with the build.

welcome to FABO. this thing should be sweet. cause it's pretty nice now! keep us posted. and keep going!

That sure looks like a solid project. Aspecially when it seems to be without rust!

What is the color?

Thanks guys, i'm hoping to get it running by next summer....

65dartgharger, my dad and grandfather repainted it in '84 for i have no idea what the color is, i can tell you it was some type of metalic. i'm going paint Viper Graphite, with super limo tint windows & some centerline auto drags. and that is pretty much it as of right now. im sure i will think of things as i move throw the process.

i will keep you guys posted

Definitely going to watch this one. Nice to see another 65 Dart. Wish mine was that clean to begin with.

Wow, Grand-Pop's car was well sheltered. Nice starting point. So is it a 273 hipo?

I have a soft spot for this body style. My first car was a 64, Dart GT, 273, 2brl, 4 spd, single exhaust, bucket seats, console car. Blue ext & int. Smoked like crazy - used almost as much oil as it did gas. But man I loved that little thing.

Cool car - congrats, do it up right and make Grand-Pa proud.

Keep the pictures coming - subscribed

Wow, Grand-Pop's car was well sheltered. Nice starting point. So is it a 273 hipo?

I have a soft spot for this body style. My first car was a 64, Dart GT, 273, 2brl, 4 spd, single exhaust, bucket seats, console car. Blue ext & int. Smoked like crazy - used almost as much oil as it did gas. But man I loved that little thing.

Cool car - congrats, do it up right and make Grand-Pa proud.

Keep the pictures coming - subscribed

Joe Mc, funny you say that about the car. my grandma has a '64 gt convertible in her driveway. YES! i tried to get that one first but it is going to my dad. so i have to wait for him to croke before i get that one. i will take some pictures of it next weekend when im at her house and post them.

yes it had a 273 in it. no one knows what happen to it over teh years so i have a 318 that is going it.

thanks for the kind words, and yes i will keep them coming.

hey guys, so i went to my grandmas for a week for vacation and to see my dad. while we were there my grandma asked that me and my dad cleanup the storage shed and garage.

well i found a bunch of stuff for my car. here is a list of the big items i found; the intake (4 barrell), the orignal carb, (carter 4 barrell with a rebuild kit), the alt. with the pulleys and brakets, the crank pulley with the ac splines on it, and the motor mounts which brings me to my problem.

i was farting around in the garage and for ***** and giggles, i thought i would see if my mount brackets would fit my engine blocks i have. they are both 318's and one is '76 & the other is '77. well the brackets for the 273 are two small (see pics) am i missing something here or do i need different ones? i thought that those brackets will fit a 273, 318, 340 & 360..... the holes line up it's just they are small in the width.

i will post some pics of the goodies i got tomorrow.

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

-
Back