65 Valiant Old school Dragcar

-
those caps with the black and or chrome plastic " S " looking handle are after market ,at least here in the states,the factory caps have a straight handle both come painted or chrome,the difference in 62-66 and then 67 and up, the inner part that locks the cap to the fill tube is very different,the out cap appears the same, so since you have gutted the part that makes it different, you can get any A body side gas cap for stock apperance,but the handle is not bolted on like yours is,you would have to weld that nut on to the back of the cap, the factory handle is held on by 2 small screws on the end of thr handle,,not bolted to the center like yours is,,, hope this helps
"

That`s some great info! Thanks. :read2:

there a guy with that same style after market gas cap on e bay, it has a chrome handle, there seems to be a lot of them on e bay lately,,

Time for an update! The car has been sitting for a while. I just bought and renovated a milling machine. Before and after pics

01-01-08_2119.jpg

17-04-08_1659.jpg

Well, back to the car! It`s almost finished, only have to build exhaust system and mount the radiator and some other stuff. here is a bunch of pics!

DSC00609.jpg

DSC00601.jpg

04-04-08_2041.jpg

04-04-08_2043.jpg

DSC00604.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

Dirty!! NEED ULTRA SOUND BATH!!
02-04-08_1817.jpg

THAT IS MUCH BETTER!
03-04-08_0958.jpg

DSC00593.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00597.jpg

Enjoy!

Wait - hold the phone! If you use an ultrasound cleaner with lenses that it can clean them that well?

I think i know what i'm doin after work!

WOW i hope they still have the ultra sound machine where i work,,

hope you didnt rebuild thet mill to make gas caps,,,j/k lol

looks great,, must be warm where you are i noticed the heater motor delete,,

how much is gasoline there??? cant wait to se the rest,,,

Wait - hold the phone! If you use an ultrasound cleaner with lenses that it can clean them that well?

I think i know what i'm doin after work!

Ultrasound cleaner is the best! you can clean everything. You can buy a special cleaning fluid for plastic for ultrasound that make plastic look like new. Take a look at my wiringharness on the firewall, It came out from a 64valiant and was painted on and looked like crap, now it´s shining.

WOW i hope they still have the ultra sound machine where i work,,

hope you didnt rebuild thet mill to make gas caps,,,j/k lol

looks great,, must be warm where you are i noticed the heater motor delete,,

how much is gasoline there??? cant wait to se the rest,,,

Sir. You ara a funny one!hehehe
I´m a toolmaker.(big tools) I operate Haas mills and lathes all day so it´s natural for me to have a mill and a lathe in the garage. :toothy10:

The climate where i live is much the same as canada, -20.C in the winter and +25.C in the summer

The Gas price is $8 a gallon. :protest:

Nice work! i just joined the board the other day, I'm psyched to see that someone is also building a white '65 Valiant! Looks very well thought-out, some cool little details.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but I thought I'd post a pic of mine. I had posted a similar pic of my car elsewhere on the board, but your image of the car from behind looks very similar to mine. Similar wheel/tire combo too, same hubcaps.

Keep it up, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Greg

IMG_8283.jpg

It´s time for an update!
I have been making some new bumper brackets and mounted a new radiator and a lot of other things. The last thing I did was a front wheel alignment at my old job. PICS!:toothy8:
Biltran.jpg

biltran2.jpg

hjulins.jpg

Thanks for the kind words folks! I´d just had a little problem with my brand new fuelcell from summit. The bastard is leaking!!:angryfir: All the gas also destroyed my new trunk mat! Well, I filled the fuelcell with compressed air and used soap to dicsover the leak and tig welded it and now it´s Leak free.

Pressure tested, MY ***!

26-05-08_2009.jpg

26-05-08_2035.jpg

WOW!

the car is really clean!

love the gas cap/battery switch trick.

im going to use that in the Duster!
(if you don't mind)

sorry to learn of your problem,,,but if you call summit,,and explain what happened,, they may pay for the trunk mat,,altho it may be hard to prove now that you fixed it,,thay have made good on a few items on a friend of mine car,,,

Car looks great you really came a long way with it! Pretty interesting car hauler you have there what is it? Jysnflem

DSC_8388.jpg

Love that car! I really like to see people putting that kind of effort into early abodies. Your work is simply outstanding.

Greetings from Hedemora, Sweden

Summit pressure tested it for leaks....and as promised, it had one!:toothy10:

Seriously, the Valiant is coming along great. loking forward to the finished project!
Alan627b

Great work,I can relate to the past work you,ve done.Here,s my 66 Dart.When I had it shipped from Alabama to Canada it had a slant6 with all the 4bbl.,headers stuff which I really wasn,t into.(so it,s all gone)I now have a 360/904,front disc,8 3/4 with 3.91,s,moser axels,2 1/2 inch exhaust.So yes I,ve been there,done that.Keep up the good work!

trim 013.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 004.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 003.jpg

Nice work! i just joined the board the other day, I'm psyched to see that someone is also building a white '65 Valiant! Looks very well thought-out, some cool little details.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but I thought I'd post a pic of mine. I had posted a similar pic of my car elsewhere on the board, but your image of the car from behind looks very similar to mine. Similar wheel/tire combo too, same hubcaps.

Keep it up, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Greg

IMG_8283.jpg

really, really nice!!!!!!

Okey it´s 1.5 years ago since I post here, so it´s time for an update. The only thing I have done this past 1.5 years is working out some bugs and a carburator change, other than that I have been driving and just enjoy the car. Picture time!
136.jpg

Change from 2X 600 to 2X 450mec
129.jpg

149.jpg

-
Back